Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
13th Region pairings
http://www.eteamz.com/harlancountysports...&SitePage=

Girls
Wednesday
6:15 — Clay County (26-5) vs Whitley County (19-10)
7:45 — Bell County (25-5) vs Lynn Camp (23-9)

Thursday
6:15 — Barbourville (21-10) vs Harlan County (25-6)
7:45 — Corbin (24-8) vs North Laurel (6-25)

Saturday
12:30 and 2:00 — Semifinals

March 4
7:00 — Finals
Looks like Whitley has a tough draw....but what I expected after the way things have gone for this team all year. Look at what was said in the Corbin News Journal about last nights game.....and figure out why Corbin was able to pull out the victory....

The Lady Redhounds hit only two field goals in the fourth quarter, but didn't need many more as they nailed 14-of-19 free throws in the period to held off the Lady Colonels, 56-52.
The game was tied at 47-47 before Corbin used the free throw line to their advantage and pulled away for the win.

Thank God the Regional will not be using...Corbin...I mean 13th Region Ref's for this tournament. It's a shame that 3-men in stripped shirts decide who wins a District Championship. How much longer is Corbin going to be able to get away with this before something is done? And before you say I am just mad Whitley lost.....your wrong! Look at the facts! Who gets to shoot 19 free throws in the fourth period when the game is tied at the beginning? Oh that's right.....CORBIN!!!!!!
Stop fouling!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I was hoping Whitley would draw away from Clay, but if your gonna win region, youve gotta do it sooner or later.

The great part about this team, is that by wednesday Smith should be back to a 100%. Craig has got to play better than she did against Corbin and she should be a little more healthy. The injuries are something that has become a part of the game for this team, and Whitley will have a real shot to knock Clay off again so long as they go back to playing the way they were before all the injuries.

To be honest, I listened to the entire game against Corbin, and from the sounds of it, the refs were just all around bad, and Whitley did foul a lot at the end of the game. I was surprised to see Corbin hit so many free throws as they are a horrible FT shooting team, and Whitley missed quite a few.
We will now see how good Whitley really is.
Good Luck Lady Blackbears!!!!!!!
Warthog Wrote:We will now see how good Whitley really is.

We'll never know how good Whitley really could have been.
To many injuries.
That can be a major factor
Good luck to the Lady Tigers