Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Recruiting gone wild!
When John Calipari accepted the head coaching job at UK, it was the perfect storm. A handsome,somewhat successful, personable coach united with the most passionate college basketball program in the world! What followed has been nothing short of a recruiting miracle, the likes which has never been seen. Each season since, Cal has won and won big. Kentucky has placed numerous players into the NBA draft. My question is, how would a disappointing season affect all of this? What if Noel is the only player ready for the draft? Would Cal chase off players to make room for the new superstars, and if so how would that affect future recruits?
When John Calipari accepted the head coaching job at UK, it was the perfect storm. A handsome,somewhat successful, personable coach united with the most passionate college basketball program in the world! What followed has been nothing short of a recruiting miracle, the likes which has never been seen. Each season since, Cal has won and won big. Kentucky has placed numerous players into the NBA draft. My question is, how would a disappointing season effect all of this? What if Noel is the only player ready for the draft? Would Cal chase off players to make room for the new superstars, and if so how would that effect future recruits?
Sorry, didn't mean to post this twice. Could someone please remove this? Thanks
Fatt Jones Wrote:Sorry, didn't mean to post this twice. Could someone please remove this? Thanks

Gotcha pal!
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
Many on here have said (myself included) that Cal is not a great coach, but a great recruiter who has so much talent that it is hard for him to lose. This class turned out to be not so good and we are seeing Cal having difficulties coaching them. I like the looks of next years class and the guys playing this year if they stick around will be nice players to come off the bench, but not starters. We have not had a strong bench for awhile, if these guys stick around (I think most will) we should have the strongest bench we have had in a long while and hopefully the freshmen class will live up to their hype. This is going to be a rough year,but I think UK will not stay down long.