Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2013 KHSAA State Wrestling Tournament
Today (2-15) and tomorrow (2-16) is the state wrestling meet. It's held in Lexington at the Alltech Arena at the KY Horse Park.

It's the 50th annual KHSAA state wrestling meet. Admission to the event is $15 per day, or $25 for a two-day pass, with kids 10-and-under admitted free. For more information, including full brackets for each weight class, visit the Wrestling home page at khsaa.org.

With the Olympics removing wrestling as a sport in the 2020 games, we need to show support to all state grapplers. So get out and watch your local kids wrestle.

There is not a more exciting state final event than watching the last 14 matches under the lights! If you've never watched it before...... for my money, it rivals the Sweet 16 state final at Rupp Arena.
Oh and by the way....

Wrestling is growing big time in Kentucky. The KHSAA board of control approved a new regional alignment for next season.

There will still be 8 regions, but the teams are closer together.
EX. Region 8 had Wayne County all the way up to Ashland and back to Letcher County Central. It was the biggest geograhpical region in the state.

Now, region 8 will be Ashland, Belfry, Bourbon County, Boyd County, East Ridge, Harrison County, Jenkins, Johnson Central, Lawrence County, Letcher County Central, Montgomery County, Perry County Central, Phelps, Pike County Central, Sheldon Clark. Much closer for all teams and probably more mid-week duals and larger tournaments on the weekends wrestling against regional teams.
Doesn't look like there will be any mountain state wrestling champs this season.
Region 8 won't have a state champion wrestler this year.
I was expecting JC to have at least 3 wrestlers in the finals.
Northern Kentucky, Union County, Woodford County and St. X came to wrestle this year.
Sam Preston of Johnson Central lost in semis and forfeit the consolation match.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
You have any idea why Preston for forfeited?

This was supposed to be his year at 195.
Dunno, but he only lost one time this year.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]