Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ravens 34 - 49ers 31 (Superbowl XLVII)
^
That's what i said, give it to Gore! Kaepernick played good but I would put that game in gore's hands.
100% agree, read option it 1 or 2 times then spread it out and give Kap a chance to run and pass. Not good playcalling.
The ravens got a pass interference call to go there way on a 3rd down to score before this drive. But when this one happens its to close to call?
zaga_fan Wrote:Everyone is wanting to go on about pass interference and stuff...
but how about this.

1st and goal from the 5 with the 49ers and you keep chucking it into the endzone?!?!?!?!
If they would have ran the ball they would have scored - without a doubt in my mind.
They had PLENTY of time.

Kaepernick could have easily scored once of the 4 chances they had by running him to the left every time. Ray Lewis couldnt catch him all night, and yet, they threw it three times, and the times he did, he scrambled to the right.
^
Like the new avatar!
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Kaepernick could have easily scored once of the 4 chances they had by running him to the left every time. Ray Lewis couldnt catch him all night, and yet, they threw it three times, and the times he did, he scrambled to the right.

That would have made too much sense Confusednicker:...nice sig you humble Ravens fan you!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."

-Mahatma Gandhi
I'm surprised SoK hasn't changed his favorite team logo yet
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Kaepernick could have easily scored once of the 4 chances they had by running him to the left every time. Ray Lewis couldnt catch him all night, and yet, they threw it three times, and the times he did, he scrambled to the right.

Even if they would have scored a TD...
There would have been a little under 2 minutes left and Baltimore with all 3 TOs left.

I would have made dang sure that I bled some clock or forced the Ravens to burn some TOs before punching it in. Horrible play calling.
zaga_fan Wrote:I'm surprised SoK hasn't changed his favorite team logo yet

:biglmao:
zaga_fan Wrote:Even if they would have scored a TD...
There would have been a little under 2 minutes left and Baltimore with all 3 TOs left.

I would have made dang sure that I bled some clock or forced the Ravens to burn some TOs before punching it in. Horrible play calling.

I just dont understand why he called the plays he did.
IF youve watched Baltimore any at all, you'll know the only times they march the ball quickly in a 2 minute drill is when they pull something out of there butt.
Jacoby Jones makes catches falling down against the Broncos and 49ers, and like ive been saying for the past 2 years, Boldin is the best receiver in the game. Theres not a tougher and more physical WR out there.
I went into this game thinking the 49ers would win, but I did NOT care who won. Just wanted to watch a good game. And you talking about a mad man pre light outage. But after that 49ers got a gut check and made a run, but the Ravens weathered the storm and came away with it. Congrats to them.

But here is my thing, everyone jumping on the Flacco this Flacco that. Granted he was AWESOME during the playoffs and the Super Bowl. But he is getting way to much credit. His receivers went up and got the ball numerous times when we all knew Flacco was chucking and praying. They need to be given more credit in my opinion.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
Spud6 Wrote:I went into this game thinking the 49ers would win, but I did NOT care who won. Just wanted to watch a good game. And you talking about a mad man pre light outage. But after that 49ers got a gut check and made a run, but the Ravens weathered the storm and came away with it. Congrats to them.

But here is my thing, everyone jumping on the Flacco this Flacco that. Granted he was AWESOME during the playoffs and the Super Bowl. But he is getting way to much credit. His receivers went up and got the ball numerous times when we all knew Flacco was chucking and praying. They need to be given more credit in my opinion.

So Brady, Manning, and Cheeseburger never had good receivers bailing them out? To be a good QB, you have to have receivers that can make plays.
Oh you Ravens fans and your two cute little super bowl trophies Big Grin
To me, the Ravens are the Raiders of the 70s. And I hate the Raiders of the 70s. But..the Raiders of the 70s, much like the Ravens of the 00s-up had a big brother that beat up on them all the time, you know, winning more super bowls, beating up on them on the way to get to the big game.......Enjoy this one. Even in a down year we beat your butts with an 87 year old 10th string quarterback on your own field this year, and as history has proven, like death and taxes, the Steelers dont stay down long Big Grin
With that said...
Im glad to see Ray Lewis finally gone, so we dont have to hear his hypocritical "God" references every friggin game, and we are saved from seeing his field entrance, kicking his knee up, and swinging his lil arms round and round, like a fat kid that found a cup cake.
However, as much as I detest and hate the Ravens, I congratulate their fans on winning the Super Bowl.
And, Joe Wacko will never be the quarterback Ben is. Ben is better after bangin college chicks and a hangover than Flacco is on his best day. Ben is a top tier quarterback. Not some second tier garbage man like Joe. Lets compare Flacco to someone on the Steelers more on his level. Being compared to Byron Leftwich isnt the worst thing that could ever happen to you Big Grin
Seriously though, all (true) jokes aside, Congrats Ravens fans. Shit just got real in the AFC North. See you next year Big Grin
Hatred is the most sincere form of flattery, right?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TidesHoss32 Wrote:Oh you Ravens fans and your two cute little super bowl trophies Big Grin
To me, the Ravens are the Raiders of the 70s. And I hate the Raiders of the 70s. But..the Raiders of the 70s, much like the Ravens of the 00s-up had a big brother that beat up on them all the time, you know, winning more super bowls, beating up on them on the way to get to the big game.......Enjoy this one. Even in a down year we beat your butts with an 87 year old 10th string quarterback on your own field this year, and as history has proven, like death and taxes, the Steelers dont stay down long Big Grin
With that said...
Im glad to see Ray Lewis finally gone, so we dont have to hear his hypocritical "God" references every friggin game, and we are saved from seeing his field entrance, kicking his knee up, and swinging his lil arms round and round, like a fat kid that found a cup cake.
However, as much as I detest and hate the Ravens, I congratulate their fans on winning the Super Bowl.
And, Joe Wacko will never be the quarterback Ben is. Ben is better after bangin college chicks and a hangover than Flacco is on his best day. Ben is a top tier quarterback. Not some second tier garbage man like Joe. Lets compare Flacco to someone on the Steelers more on his level. Being compared to Byron Leftwich isnt the worst thing that could ever happen to you Big Grin
Seriously though, all (true) jokes aside, Congrats Ravens fans. Shit just got real in the AFC North. See you next year Big Grin
Hatred is the most sincere form of flattery, right?

I'm having a hard time remembering who has won the division the last couple of years while beating up on big brother?
After next year, we'll be half way to the Steelers superbowl mark and the franchise is barely 16 years old.
Flacco is breaking records like crazy. Longest playoff winning streak. Counting the neutral SB, he's won more playoff games on the road than any other QB, ever.

The Steelers have 5 AFC North Championships. The Ravens have 4. Yes, thats right, next year it will be tied. With 2 SB's in 16 years, and its took the Steelers almost 70 to win 6, It look like somebody else is about to be "big brother". :biggrin:

If you want to pick on a team, try the bungles. I wouldn't mess with the Ravens to much......
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:I'm having a hard time remembering who has won the division the last couple of years while beating up on big brother?
After next year, we'll be half way to the Steelers superbowl mark and the franchise is barely 16 years old.
Flacco is breaking records like crazy. Longest playoff winning streak. Counting the neutral SB, he's won more playoff games on the road than any other QB, ever.

The Steelers have 5 AFC North Championships. The Ravens have 4. Yes, thats right, next year it will be tied. With 2 SB's in 16 years, and its took the Steelers almost 70 to win 6, It look like somebody else is about to be "big brother". :biggrin:

If you want to pick on a team, try the bungles. I wouldn't mess with the Ravens to much......
Technically, your franchise is 67 years old (the Browns started in '46 lol)..Flacco has been to one Super Bowl (two behind his Master). And its taken us 39 years to win six (out of eight). Thats one Super Bowl appearance per (less than) five years..Wanna make an avatar bet for next season? Pittsburgh wins the division, you have a Steelers avatar. If Saltywhore wins the division, Ill use a Ratbird. Loser has to use the other's avatar for a month. Deal? And..picking on the Bungles is too easy, LOL..at least you guys got some hardware Big Grin
I really am happy for you though, Gut. Your one of the good guys on this forum, even if you are a dirty Ratbird fan Big Grin
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TidesHoss32 Wrote:Technically, your franchise is 67 years old (the Browns started in '46 lol)..Flacco has been to one Super Bowl (two behind his Master). And its taken us 39 years to win six (out of eight). Thats one Super Bowl appearance per (less than) five years..Wanna make an avatar bet for next season? Pittsburgh wins the division, you have a Steelers avatar. If Saltywhore wins the division, Ill use a Ratbird. Loser has to use the other's avatar for a month. Deal? And..picking on the Bungles is too easy, LOL..at least you guys got some hardware Big Grin
I really am happy for you though, Gut. Your one of the good guys on this forum, even if you are a dirty Ratbird fan Big Grin

A. No no no. The Cleveland Franchise is still in Cleveland. It didnt come to Baltimore. Even Wikipedia (the best source) says the Ravens franchise is only 16 years old.

Flacco will finish with a lot more wins that fattyburger. I stand by my statement that Roethlisturder is the most overrated QB to ever play the game.

You can appear in 400 SB's, its only how many you win that counts. Ask Jim Kelly.

Ill think about the Avatar bet However, to be quite honest, the Steelers and Ravens could be in 3rd and 4th next year Confusednicker:

And thank you. Ive been waiting on this for a while. I enjoy reading your post and you are also a great contributor to this site. I will continue to hate the Steelers, but know that i dont hate there fans, i just feel sorry for them right now :biggrin:
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:A. No no no. The Cleveland Franchise is still in Cleveland. It didnt come to Baltimore. Even Wikipedia (the best source) says the Ravens franchise is only 16 years old.

Flacco will finish with a lot more wins that fattyburger. I stand by my statement that Roethlisturder is the most overrated QB to ever play the game.

You can appear in 400 SB's, its only how many you win that counts. Ask Jim Kelly.

Ill think about the Avatar bet However, to be quite honest, the Steelers and Ravens could be in 3rd and 4th next year Confusednicker:

And thank you. Ive been waiting on this for a while. I enjoy reading your post and you are also a great contributor to this site. I will continue to hate the Steelers, but know that i dont hate there fans, i just feel sorry for them right now :biggrin:

So you're saying that the players that played the last year in Cleveland didn't play the first year in Baltimore? Same personnel, same owner, same franchise.
TidesHoss32 Wrote:Technically, your franchise is 67 years old (the Browns started in '46 lol)..Flacco has been to one Super Bowl (two behind his Master). And its taken us 39 years to win six (out of eight). Thats one Super Bowl appearance per (less than) five years..Wanna make an avatar bet for next season? Pittsburgh wins the division, you have a Steelers avatar. If Saltywhore wins the division, Ill use a Ratbird. Loser has to use the other's avatar for a month. Deal? And..picking on the Bungles is too easy, LOL..at least you guys got some hardware Big Grin

Well you guys do have something in common. The 2006I Superbowl was just as rigged as this one.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Well you guys do have something in common. The 2006I Superbowl was just as rigged as this one.
Take away the phantom touchdown and we still win the game. As far as I know, touchdowns dont count as 12 points Big Grin
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:A. No no no. The Cleveland Franchise is still in Cleveland. It didnt come to Baltimore. Even Wikipedia (the best source) says the Ravens franchise is only 16 years old.

Dont feel sorry for us, Gut Big Grin Roethlisberger has been in THREE, and he's still one up in the win column over Joe Wacko. That deficit will grow over the years. Flacco's done winning super bowls. Roethlisberger's stats arent nothing to marvel over, but nobody, and I truly mean NOBODY could play quarterback for the Steelers over the past 9 seasons with the success as Big Ben. Flacco would never complete a pass playing behind Pittsburgh's o-line, and I truly mean it when I say that I would take Ben over Flacco ten times out of ten, and never think twice about it. Big Grin
But, dont worry, as down as both of our teams may be next year, we'll still finish 1-2 in the North. Like death and taxes, baby lol..
But thank you for the kind words, brother. Respect is very much mutual. Nothing wrong with some good natured jawing Big Grin
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hahaha. I'm dieing right now.
I say let the Ravens and Pats play 100 times and see who wins the most?
Put my avatar against RunIt's for the rest of my life. Loser keeps avatar up forever.
Okay..this killed me Confusednicker:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Ballers Wrote:I say let the Ravens and Pats play 100 times and see who wins the most?
Put my avatar against RunIt's for the rest of my life. Loser keeps avatar up forever.

The only way the patriots win that serious is if the pats learn the ravens plays after 50 game.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:The only way the patriots win that serious is if the pats learn the ravens plays after 50 game.

If Billy goes back to his old ways, then he'll know the Ravens plays before the first game.
Ballers Wrote:I say let the Ravens and Pats play 100 times and see who wins the most?

Well thats kind of hard to believe.
The Ravens were 2-0 against them this year.
TidesHoss32 Wrote:Dont feel sorry for us, Gut Big Grin Roethlisberger has been in THREE, and he's still one up in the win column over Joe Wacko. That deficit will grow over the years. Flacco's done winning super bowls. Roethlisberger's stats arent nothing to marvel over, but nobody, and I truly mean NOBODY could play quarterback for the Steelers over the past 9 seasons with the success as Big Ben. Flacco would never complete a pass playing behind Pittsburgh's o-line, and I truly mean it when I say that I would take Ben over Flacco ten times out of ten, and never think twice about it. Big Grin
But, dont worry, as down as both of our teams may be next year, we'll still finish 1-2 in the North. Like death and taxes, baby lol..
But thank you for the kind words, brother. Respect is very much mutual. Nothing wrong with some good natured jawing Big Grin

:Thumbs:
Shady Grady Wrote:So you're saying that the players that played the last year in Cleveland didn't play the first year in Baltimore? Same personnel, same owner, same franchise.

Thats exactly what im saying.
The Baltimore Ravens have only been in existence for 16 years.
Clevelands record and Clevelands past resides with the Browns.
Look at the record book.
Baltimores stats only date back to the 1996 season when Baltimore began, and the NFL excepted it as a new EXPANSION team and all of Clevelands records, state, etc, stayed in Cleveland.

This is like saying the Ravens are like the Titans, when that is not the case. The Titans relocated from Houston and took there franchise with them. The Ravens, my friend, did not, even if it was the same people.
Yeah, the agreement was to leave the history in Cleveland. Including 7 of our 8 league championships (NFL/AAFC) before Modell came along won 1 and then ruined the franchise. Don't say he didn't either, because in a 10 year span the Browns played in the championship every one of them and won 7, and then he came along fired Paul Brown, basically forced Jim Brown to retire, we won one more and it's been all down hill since. My dad hated Art BEFORE he bolted to Baltimore for that reason Lol.
^
Spot on.