Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Should referees call their own regional tournaments?
If the 15th refs the region Knott County has an avantage. trust me.
:what:
ballboy Wrote:No they should in the district lets say the 10th region. Regional first round region 12 second round region 11. Finals region 9 That keeps it even because we all know the refs take the games over. pay them a little more to come and not the same ones every night.
No.
ballboy Wrote:If the 15th refs the region Knott County has an avantage. trust me.

WOOHOO!!! Bring on the 15th.:Cheerlead:1:
I generally think that most officials are honest and in most cases just bad. There are more than a few though that I think are corrupt. There are teams and places in the 13th that the Miami Heat could not win. I feel sorry for the region that gets the 13th officials in the post season.
I have been to a lot of basketball games this year and the refs that do the best job all around are from the bluegrass association. And the 14th and 15th region refs are the worst. When I was at the wymt a fan from knott county said "man we are sure not getting the calls like we normally do" and I notice that the 14th and15th region refs give all the close calls and some of the not so close calls to knott co. Just like when knott and hazard were playing and the refs called a phantom intentional foul when the guy from knott didn't even get fouled. Or the knott and cordia game when the refs called 5 walking calls in a row and 14 against cordia in the game but the refs would let knott away with the same things.
The khsaa should have a couple of people go around to different games each night and not tell any of the refs and if they see the same refs making the same calls night after night then they should bar them from refereeing forever. This would get rid of a lot of this cheating that goes on.
No way should they call in the same region. If this happened we all know that in most regions they favor certain teams more than others. Wouldn't be fair to these kids.
13 14 and 15 are bad. 13 may be worst in State.
Cellking Wrote:13 14 and 15 are bad. 13 may be worst in State.
The 14th region refs are without a doubt the worst and most crooked!!! With the 13th just a small notch behind them!!!
i watched the north south game this past friday night and couldn`t believe the officiating that the 13th. region teams have to deal with.i`m excited that we get another region.
hitter Wrote:The khsaa should have a couple of people go around to different games each night and not tell any of the refs and if they see the same refs making the same calls night after night then they should bar them from refereeing forever. This would get rid of a lot of this cheating that goes on.

It would also result in teams having to call their own fouls and shooting make or miss for first ball!
hitter Wrote:The khsaa should have a couple of people go around to different games each night and not tell any of the refs and if they see the same refs making the same calls night after night then they should bar them from refereeing forever. This would get rid of a lot of this cheating that goes on.

That's just it, the KHSAA don't really want to get involved. Too much of a black eye if they start banning refs. Turn a blind eye and all is good. It's 2013 and hasn't happened yet. To many calls have been made to KHSAA and nothing to amount to anything has ever been done. Unless it was a high authority figure that complained. Just not gonna happen. :igiveup:
I have a better idea. Why don't all the refs in the stands do the job since they never miss a call? That would take of everything. I think the state of Kentucky is the worst in the nation at blaming refs for every loss. Whether it be UK or the local high school team, it is always the refs who cost the game. I have never known a ref to miss a free throw or get out rebounded or be slow getting back on defense. That's what's wrong with today's society, it's always somebody else's fault.
amen
Black Bear Cuz Wrote:The 14th region refs are without a doubt the worst and most crooked!!! With the 13th just a small notch behind them!!!

The 14th has some really great officials. It's the old saying a few bad apples spoil the whole bunch. I agree that too many times the officials are blamed. But witnessing what I have over the years there's some shady business that goes on. It all falls back on the economy and what people will do for an advantage whether it be money, helping a family member with a job, state tourney tickets, canceling bills owed to local vendors or whatever. Also travel is getting to be expensive so some officials tend to call better close to home and get a higher rating so they don't have to travel 1 hour plus to call a ball game. Most are good, but some use basic economics to gain an advantage. I've got a lot of insight into this issue and if you think I'm full of it then fine, but I know what I'm talking about. And that's a fact Jack.
ballboy Wrote:If the 15th refs the region Knott County has an avantage. trust me.
Are you already making excuses? Please!
Black Bear Cuz Wrote:The 14th region refs are without a doubt the worst and most crooked!!! With the 13th just a small notch behind them!!!
That is a nice thing to say to the refs that are supposed to come to Harlan and call your Regional Tourney! :biglmao:
Smackthefloor Wrote:The 14th has some really great officials. It's the old saying a few bad apples spoil the whole bunch. I agree that too many times the officials are blamed. But witnessing what I have over the years there's some shady business that goes on. It all falls back on the economy and what people will do for an advantage whether it be money, helping a family member with a job, state tourney tickets, canceling bills owed to local vendors or whatever. Also travel is getting to be expensive so some officials tend to call better close to home and get a higher rating so they don't have to travel 1 hour plus to call a ball game. Most are good, but some use basic economics to gain an advantage. I've got a lot of insight into this issue and if you think I'm full of it then fine, but I know what I'm talking about. And that's a fact Jack.
I understand what you're saying, but it kinda sounds like you're making excuses for the foolishness that goes on. Our young people deserve better and its the responsibility of the KHSAA to see that things are done right..
Wall4president Wrote:That is a nice thing to say to the refs that are supposed to come to Harlan and call your Regional Tourney! :biglmao:
Hopefully they will try to prove me wrong!
Black Bear Cuz Wrote:I understand what you're saying, but it kinda sounds like you're making excuses for the foolishness that goes on. Our young people deserve better and its the responsibility of the KHSAA to see that things are done right..

No, not making excuses just stating what I've witnessed and been able to find out over the years. Yes our young people do deserve better and it's a shame that this even happens but in reality it does happen. There's never an excuse for cheating I was only stating their reasoning behind doing some of the things they do. I just think it happens more frequent in the mountains because of the quality of life here, politics and the temptation. Sad but true.
No
Here's an ideal: How about bringing in some SEC refs and have them to call all regionals and state tournament games? Sounds good, right? Oh wait us fans would still blame the refs if our team lost......