• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2013 Cincinnati Reds
What kind of season will they have?
Thoughts??
Predictions???
98-64 record.

National League Central Champions.
I hope Aroldis works out as a starter?
If chapman can hold up as a starter and the bullpen stays healthy this could be the year the reds run away with the national league. With 100+ wins.
I think he will be, he'll be on limited innings tho.

I see his ERA being in the mid 2's.
Chapman is better off as a closer IMO.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Jarons Wrote:Chapman is better off as a closer IMO.

Only time will tell on this matter but remember he was a starter when he came to the reds so it is nothing new for him. It's just been a few years since he has been used that way!! But I think he will be ok just need to watch the innings and he needs to perfect a good change up and IMO he will be unhittable especially with the fastball and slider.
Jarons Wrote:Chapman is better off as a closer IMO.

I agree 100%.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
I don't see why the innings matter? In Cuba they pitched him to death!!!
Curveball 24 Wrote:I don't see why the innings matter? In Cuba they pitched him to death!!!

Yes but how long has it been since he has thrown 150+ innings in a season? It will take a year to get his arm in shape to able to go a whole season as a starter, it's just like a marathon runner you just can't stop running long distance for 3 years and just be able to go out one and say hey I'm going to run a marathon. It just don't work like that and the same holds true for a pitcher also. He will be strong out of the gate but you could see him slow down in the last month or so. That is why it matters on Chapmans innings we don't need a guy who can't finish the race.
True! But he should be tuff. He pitched for food in Cuba!!!
I really feel like Joey Votto is gonna get back to his old self this season!
Predictions.....

.343 AVG
34 HR's
118 RBI's

MVP Canidate!!!
I'm just hoping that he stays injury free.

Votto should be able to drive in more runs this year with a much, much better lead-off hitter in Choo.
OffTheHook Wrote:I agree 100%.

Whatever...:yawn:....they'll be bumps, buy he'll adapt and overcome!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."

-Mahatma Gandhi
IMO With Choo it will not only help Votto but will benefit the team as a whole. Phillips can go back to his normal spot in the order.
Batting Order.......

1. Shin Soo Choo CF
2. Brandon Phillips 2B
3. Joey Votto 1B
4. Ryan Ludwick LF
5. Jay Bruce RF
6. Zack Cozart SS
7. Todd Frazier 3B
8. Ryan Hanigan C

Lets see what Dusty comes up with???
Rotation......

1. Johnny Cueto
2. Matt Latos
3. Aroldis Chapman
4. Homer Bailey
5. Bronson Arroyo
I saw a video the other night of Billy Hamilton tagging from Thrid and scoring on a pop up behind second base! In the fall league.

He also went from second to home on a bunt to the first base side of the infield!!!
CRAZY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
If Choo doesn't show.up billy will be in the top spot!
Curveball 24 Wrote:If Choo doesn't show.up billy will be in the top spot!

Not likely this year.
^
I agree with J-Rod on this wont happen this year but it will next, billy has to prove himself at the AAA level first, which I think he will.
Seems like in Cleveland Choo was best fit for lead-off. His average was decent everywhere else, but hit like .280 plus leading off. Most underrated part of the man is his arm, no tagging up on Choo,
Curveball 24 Wrote:Batting Order.......

1. Shin Soo Choo CF
2. Brandon Phillips 2B
3. Joey Votto 1B
4. Ryan Ludwick LF
5. Jay Bruce RF
6. Zack Cozart SS
7. Todd Frazier 3B
8. Ryan Hanigan C

1.choo
2.cozart
3.votto
4.phillips
5.bruce
6.ludwick
7.frazier
8hannigan/mesoraco

This will be your lineup. Dusty likes to put Phillips at four to seperate the power lefties if Bruce and votto in late game situations. Also Cozart is a good contact guy behind choo who can get him in scoring position for Votto,Phillips,and Bruce. I would almost bet money this is your opening day lineup unless there is a injury in spring training.
YES

1. Shin Soo Choo CF
2. Brandon Phillips 2B
3. Joey Votto 1B
4. Ryan Ludwick LF
5. Jay Bruce RF
6. Zack Cozart SS
7. Todd Frazier 3B
8. Ryan Hanigan C

NO - Ludwick is and will be a 4 hitter, which means there is NO WAY that Phillips does not hit in the 2 hole!

tomcatfan722000 Wrote:1.choo
2.cozart
3.votto
4.phillips
5.bruce
6.ludwick
7.frazier
8hannigan/mesoraco

This will be your lineup. Dusty likes to put Phillips at four to seperate the power lefties if Bruce and votto in late game situations. Also Cozart is a good contact guy behind choo who can get him in scoring position for Votto,Phillips,and Bruce. I would almost bet money this is your opening day lineup unless there is a injury in spring training.

1. Shin Soo Choo CF
2. Brandon Phillips 2B
3. Joey Votto 1B
4. Ryan Ludwick LF
5. Jay Bruce RF
6. Zack Cozart SS
7. Todd Frazier 3B
8. Ryan Hanigan C

This will be the opening day line up, but Cozart and Frazier may be switched around in the order.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
tomcatfan722000 Wrote:1.choo
2.cozart
3.votto
4.phillips
5.bruce
6.ludwick
7.frazier
8hannigan/mesoraco

NO way this is is the line up. I'll bet money. PM for details. :Thumbs:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
alfus21 Wrote:This will be the opening day line up, but Cozart and Frazier may be switched around in the order.

Yup, I agree with your batting order.

Frazier will probably hit in the 6 spot.
What's the rotation gonna look like? I can't see Aroldis as an effective starter, though his fastball is straight flame, after two or three AB's against it I can see a batter effectively adjusting and I'm not sure about his secondary pitches. Coming in after 9 long innings and facing gas... that's just tough to deal with (unless you're my boy Asdrubal Cabrera)
1.) Johnny Cueto

2.) Mat Latos

3.) Aroldis Chapman

4.) Homer Bailey

5.) Bronson Arroyo

----

Possible they could throw Bronson back in the middle to throw off teams from hard pitcher to soft pitcher.
J-Rod Wrote:1.) Johnny Cueto

2.) Mat Latos

3.) Aroldis Chapman

4.) Homer Bailey

5.) Bronson Arroyo

----

Possible they could throw Bronson back in the middle to throw off teams from hard pitcher to soft pitcher.

Not bad at all, who is the planned closer? One of you guys go over to that prediction thread and give me a little outlook on what to expect from Stubbs. I'm concerned with him. Even though our left field production was the MLB's worst last year, Stubbs moving from the NL Central to looking at Verlander so many times a year worries me lol