Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
7th Grade Middle School State Tournament
The 7th Grade State Tournament begins Friday night in Lexington.
Southern Pulaski won last year beating JCTMS out of Louisville and winning all their games by more than 20 points.

Southern Pulaski appears to be the obvious favorite this year.

Who will be good enough to challenge Southern Pulaski for the title?
Anyone have the Matchups yet or a bracket?
Nothing has been posted yet.
Typically the matchups are posted at http://www.playkba.com on Tuesday night or Wednesday.
The schedules for this weekend are available at http://www.playkba.com.
64 teams this year. WOW!!!
Did Corbin not put a team in the 7th grade tournament? They just won the 6th grade and I'd put them around the top 5-10 for 8th grade from what I've seen. Also have heard McCreary's 7th is decent.
What is Johnson County like?
undercoverwildcat Wrote:What is Johnson County like?

LOADED! Maybe the best mountain team in years, on the level of the Betsy Layne, Virgie and Johnson County teams of a few years back.
Who are their best players?
Southern beat a short handed Corbin Redhounds 51 to 7 Monday night at Somerset. Played the subs most of the night. Defeated Knox Co. 71 to 36 at Knox on Tuesday...Getting ready for a big tourney run...Go Warriors!!!!
Is Knox down this year?
Warrior Grandpa Wrote:Southern beat a short handed Corbin Redhounds 51 to 7 Monday night at Somerset. Played the subs most of the night. Defeated Knox Co. 71 to 36 at Knox on Tuesday...Getting ready for a big tourney run...Go Warriors!!!!

I saw Corbin and Knox play the other night and if you beat both of them this bad you must be really good because I thought Corbin and Knox both had some nice players.
Southern is in a league of their own. Hands down the best middle school team in the state. I would be very surprised if they didn't repeat as state champs. But, you play the game for a reason and anything can happen come tournament time. Good luck to all the teams. This looks to be a great tournament.
The second tier of seventh grade teams would include
Whitley County
Adair County
Lexington Christian
Lincoln County
Northern Pulaski
Wayne County
Paris

Last year the final four at the sixth grade state tournament included
Southern Pulaski, runner up - JCTMS, Northern Pulaski, and Lexington Christian
There could always be a sleeper team!
Best not look past anyone this time of year. Tourney time anything can and sometimes will happen. But given the way we have played all year and some of the tough teams played, I believe Southern has to be a favorite to repeat.
I would not say Knox was down, maybe just a playmaker short. They have above avg. size and use a good outside game to go with it. They had alot of trouble with our press, when they got in their half court they were much harder to stop.
I'm sure corbin was missing some of their players do to the 6th grade tournament. But Southern has alot of tallent at this age level. Hopefully they bring some state tittles to the area when they make it to highschool. Basketball and football.
A team to watch out for that I've watched is Mccreary county 7th grade. They have beaten some real good teams this year and they have 5 or 6 hold backs. Also Wayne is a real good team.
A team to watch out for is Mccreary co. And Wayne co both teams have a chance of beating Southern.They have been beating a couple of decent teams. Does anybody know anything about Lincoln county 7th and Taylor co?
Talked to one of the Corbin supporters,they said their main offensive threat had turned an ankle, and was likely done for the season...
Actually Oldham County was in the final 4 last year
Jctms is not back this year.
Does anyone know anything about Taylor County?
I have not seen Taylor Co or McCreary Co.
Played a tournament in Campbellsville early this year and they did not play or were in the other bracket and did not make it to the Championship game.

Andrew Taylor from Corbin, one of the best seventh graders around, turned an ankle at practice and did not play Monday night. Corbin has a 6'6" seventh grader that is holding back this year and is not playing. Corbin is also a one jersey school, so none of the sixth graders can play up on the seventh grade team.

Lincoln Co and Wayne Co are very good teams.
Southern Pulaski has beaten both teams this year.
Played Lincoln in Knights of Columbus Tourney in Mercer Co. defeating them 61-30. Like a lot of teams they had trouble with the press and our defensive pressure.
catfanmd Wrote:I have not seen Taylor Co or McCreary Co.
Played a tournament in Campbellsville early this year and they did not play or were in the other bracket and did not make it to the Championship game.

Andrew Taylor from Corbin, one of the best seventh graders around, turned an ankle at practice and did not play Monday night. Corbin has a 6'6" seventh grader that is holding back this year and is not playing. Corbin is also a one jersey school, so none of the sixth graders can play up on the seventh grade team.

Lincoln Co and Wayne Co are very good teams.
Southern Pulaski has beaten both teams this year.

I hate that rule...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Could Somerset 7th grade be a legit contender this year in the state playoffs? They picked up north pulaski's (northern) two best player and they have beat northern, Wayne county, and they lost to south pulaski but they were winning by 1 at half time... And they watch up perfect to southern so i wpuld watch out for them and not sleep on em.
Does anybody know anything about eastside? Mccreary co plays Lincoln at 6:40 on court 5 at kba should be a good game. And Wayne plays at 8:20 agianst Taylor co.
Is southern pulaski undefeated?
I think southern 7th and 8th are both undefeated