Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Young players to step up for the Panthers next season?
no prob 30 haha
But seriously, i've heard from sources, that Gillespie may not play football this year, and he may go to Shelby Valley... So we can't really count on someone to step up if we dont know that they'll be here, but i hope he will be here, he's the only freshman (will be sophmore) lineman we really have that makes alot of noise, not saying the other freshman (will be sophmore) aren't good...
You dont have to worry about Gillespie leaving i have talked to him he has thought about leaving but i dont think he is going anywhere soon.
Thats great, glad to hear it
Gillespies staying
I wont let him leave lol
I think that McCoy will be making a big statement this upcoming year and will be fighting for a starting position. From what i've seen while i've been in the weight room with him; hes gained some weight and has gotten bigger and bigger. If i'm not mistaken i hurd someone say he was in the 200 Pound Club. If i'm not mistaken i don't think anybody else is in the freshman class, although some are close. If you ask me tim and ted, gillespie, McCoy, Maby Ritchie and Walker will be the Replacements for this year, but marando is a good junior to put on the list as well, only if they keep on working like the way they have been in the weight room.
from what ive heard hes done more fighting outside of school than for a position but this kid is incredible sized and cut out for the sport
thats very true country boy but all of them will have to work
and i know mccoy is willing to do ne thing to get that starting position
football is life for mccoy
he was born to play the sport
just look at him
Agreed he was meant to play and he will do just about anything just to get to play, the only thing he talks about is football and he does live it. Good point D30
Listen if we put anthony justice out there we would be incredible...his stench could take out the whole other team....and he is pretty big anyway
LMAO
Possibly... I think the only up coming sophmores that will start will be Tim and Ted, as for the others, just replacments, some people have been given more credit than what they have done and worked for though, none the less they are all great players
very well put PB42
you made your point clear without putting anyone down
All the other players are going to have to work hard for their positions on varsity...just like the Honkaers had to
The Honakers work very hard, harder than any other Freshman, but you and i know they've been gifted in sports from a very young age, i remember watching Ted drag 6 kids around in little league.... They were something then, and they just plain incredible now, they're natural born athlets that work hard, and thats something you dont see often....Most talented athletes dont work very hard because they dont need to, they know they dont to, and there are some kids who just plain bust their butt to be good, and we can all tell who those players are, i think out of the names mentioned, only 2 of them had to work for what they got
well PB42 i remember in littel league also
one of them made me do a black flip in the air
i had a head ache for a week!
their talent is endless
you can expect to see them in the Pikeville High School Hall of Fame in years to come
that is just as long as they stay here at Pikeville...
Yes, if they stay at Pikeville and dont do anything they shouldn't that might screw their sports careers, they'll be Hall of Famers.... Though didn't their dad start as an 8th grader???? When someone dose that you can pretty much tell thats Hall of Fame material
[quote=""PantherBlitz42""]Yes, if they stay at Pikeville and dont do anything they shouldn't that might screw their sports careers, they'll be Hall of Famers.... Though didn't their dad start as an 8th grader???? When someone dose that you can pretty much tell thats Hall of Fame material[quote=""PantherBlitz42""]

What a ridiculous statement and undue pressure to put on freshman!
Honaker twins. They may not next year but their junior and senior years they will be dominate. And to think they were going to go to pike central to begin with.
big mistake
Sorry PB42 but the honakers aren't worth crarp. They don't put out any effort on the field or off. They are more concearned about how many girls they can hook up with and screw in a one week time period than gettin out on the field and gettin the job done. There dad was a Hall of Famer cause he had an endless work effort and lived in the weight room, Tim and Ted i've never seen them in the weight room not once doing what they're susposto. They're always up there screwin around or somethin like that. They don't deserve the playin time they do get cause the only thing they do is show up and half ass it around the field. Tim and Ted are really good, but not as good as everyone puts them up to be. If they worked like their dad then they would be the best Athlete to ever step out of Pikeville High School...but they don't have the drive their dad did nor will they ever will, there really good but not as good as they could be!

Posted Wed Feb 16, 2005 2:02 pm:

PantherBlitz42 Wrote:LMAO
Possibly... I think the only up coming sophmores that will start will be Tim and Ted, as for the others, just replacments, some people have been given more credit than what they have done and worked for though, none the less they are all great players

Go ahead and Laugh ur a$$ off but McCoy is a hard a$$ worker on and off the field. he lives in the weight room and he loves the game of football; i know he'd do anything to be able to play football out there on that field and he shows it by how hard he busts his a$$ in practice and in the games and hell in the weight room too. if you ask me i think that mccoy is just as good if not better than the honakers because of how hard he works and has the drive to do anything and get it done right.
The twins could work harder for sure... but they wouldn't have started varsity games if they didn't work hard, coaches only start players that work hard..... But i do agree, they could work alot harder than what they do

I never said anything about McCoy, so dont act like i was pointing him out.

As far as im concerned, they only players we had on the whole team that actually worked hard were Josh,Robert,Weston, and John
that's true but the honakers play on talent alone; no heart at all hardly...Josh, Robert, Weston, John, and Ryan are all heart. The honakers play with talent and hardly do put out any work at all. It's not the talent you play play with; it's the heart man. McCoy loves the game and he plays with all his heart, talent, and busts his a$$ to be the best...even tho he isn't the best he try's his hardest and best and that is what it takes to be the best. Just like Josh, Robert, Weston, John, and Ryan. You've got to have some talent to be good at it, but you have to love it to be great at it. If you don't love it, then why do it half a$$ and just get buy as medeokre than to bust your a$$ all the time every time and be great. The honakers don't do that...but mccoy does need to improve but he has heart and that's what it takes.
Of course, if your gonna do it, give it all you got, your only hurting yourself and your teammates if you dont
exactly; i don't feel the honakers do that...they may do it some but not all the way!
Country Boy Wrote:Sorry PB42 but the honakers aren't worth crarp. They don't put out any effort on the field or off. They are more concearned about how many girls they can hook up with and screw in a one week time period than gettin out on the field and gettin the job done. There dad was a Hall of Famer cause he had an endless work effort and lived in the weight room, Tim and Ted i've never seen them in the weight room not once doing what they're susposto. They're always up there screwin around or somethin like that. They don't deserve the playin time they do get cause the only thing they do is show up and half it around the field. Tim and Ted are really good, but not as good as everyone puts them up to be. If they worked like their dad then they would be the best Athlete to ever step out of Pikeville High School...but they don't have the drive their dad did nor will they ever will, there really good but not as good as they could be!

Go ahead and Laugh ur a$$ off but McCoy is a hard a$$ worker on and off the field. he lives in the weight room and he loves the game of football; i know he'd do anything to be able to play football out there on that field and he shows it by how hard he busts his a$$ in practice and in the games and hell in the weight room too. if you ask me i think that mccoy is just as good if not better than the honakers because of how hard he works and has the drive to do anything and get it done right.

Thats a little harsh I must say. The Honakers due seem to lack concentration at times but they are very talented players. They are worth alot to this team and once weston is gone, its one of their's job.

McCoy is a good player also but he needs to avoid "confrontation". Can we please stop giving ourselves props though. I mean come on....
the Honakers work their butts off in games to get everything out of every play
Of course they play on their talent...when you have the talent they have why wouldnt u play on it...and i remember how phscyed they were on game days
they remained quiet most of the day to prepare themselves for the game...but went they got on the field tehy went wild...i guarantee you could hear Ted Honkaker screaming his lungs out after a big play alll the way down at One Stop lol...
And...youknowwhoibe...your last post made some very bold statements...you speek nothing but the truth and you were right about the boasting...too much of that goes on on here...we are all guilty of it tho!
Please do not bypass the word filter.
4leaf, can you please explain to me the word filter?
sry for the inconvinience...
like excanging a$$ for well you know the word........but truly the honakers were born good man....sorry to tell you that they still have enough of what it takes....it would help tho if they hit the weights

Posted Thu Feb 17, 2005 6:59 am:

And believe me McCoy is a hard worker on and off the field ive seen him in the wieght room and sumone better watch out next season
agreed... no point in using inappropriate language....

There are a few people that will suprise everyone next year, its gonna be so unexpected
dirty30 Wrote:the Honakers work their butts off in games to get everything out of every play
Of course they play on their talent...when you have the talent they have why wouldnt u play on it...and i remember how phscyed they were on game days
they remained quiet most of the day to prepare themselves for the game...but went they got on the field tehy went wild...i guarantee you could hear Ted Honkaker screaming his lungs out after a big play alll the way down at One Stop lol...
And...youknowwhoibe...your last post made some very bold statements...you speek nothing but the truth and you were right about the boasting...too much of that goes on on here...we are all guilty of it tho!

no one is boasting anybody...Tim and Ted as i already said are great players but they arent worth a crap in the sense they don't concentrate, or they don't push them selves to the extreme, or go full out every time. They seriously don't play with any heart at all...Justin Walker isn't all that good of a player talent wise but he plays with all his heart and that makes him a good player, hell even a great player. If Tim and Ted Played with All their heart, then they would be great; not that they already aren't. Tim plays with more heart than ted but hes to concearned with the girls and ted plays on all talent and honestly don't work as hard as he should, When they get heart and a Better work ethic then they will just about gaurntee get a spot right beside their dad in the Hall of Fame.

Posted Thu Feb 17, 2005 3:30 pm:

youknowwhoibe Wrote:
Country Boy Wrote:Sorry PB42 but the honakers aren't worth crarp. They don't put out any effort on the field or off. They are more concearned about how many girls they can hook up with and screw in a one week time period than gettin out on the field and gettin the job done. There dad was a Hall of Famer cause he had an endless work effort and lived in the weight room, Tim and Ted i've never seen them in the weight room not once doing what they're susposto. They're always up there screwin around or somethin like that. They don't deserve the playin time they do get cause the only thing they do is show up and half it around the field. Tim and Ted are really good, but not as good as everyone puts them up to be. If they worked like their dad then they would be the best Athlete to ever step out of Pikeville High School...but they don't have the drive their dad did nor will they ever will, there really good but not as good as they could be!

Thats a little harsh I must say. The Honakers due seem to lack concentration at times but they are very talented players. They are worth alot to this team and once weston is gone, its one of their's job.

McCoy is a good player also but he needs to avoid "confrontation". Can we please stop giving ourselves props though. I mean come on....

A little harsh...man it's just the truth. Just like McCoy...if he could learn some daggone plays and concentrate more in practice and not just during the games he'd be a really good player. He's an ok player now...but manily just on the fact he's got heart and a severe love for the game...i along with a few buddies know this cuz it's all he talks about. He lacks the talent and the size but he's been in the weight room every day that i have and he's gettin some size and if he keeps on goin like he is he might get the size he needs. But in all honesty...Tim, Ted, and McCoy could all benifit from each other. To me McCoy needs some of, actually alot, of the talent the honakers have and the honakers could use some of the heart that mccoy has; and god knows all three of them could use alot more concentration.
Country Boy wrote:
Tim plays with more heart than ted but hes to concearned with the girls and ted plays on all talent and honestly don't work as hard as he should

I think you got this one backwards CB
Teds the one concerned with girls
and they both work hard
you shouldnt be dissing them like this on here when the love football just as much as McCoy does and they stay concentrated!
trust me I know!!!