Poll: Whose going to Win?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Chael Sonnen
25.00%
Jon "Bones" Jones
75.00%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UFC 159 - Chael Sonnen Vs Jon Jones
[Image: http://img.bleacherreport.net/img/images...h=440&q=75]
I'm looking so forward to seeing Chael Sonnen and Jon "Bones" Jones fight its ridiculous. :rockon:

Code:
The official fight card hasn't been released yet, but everyone wants to see this fight right now anyways. I'll update this post as soon as I know who is going to be included in the fight card.

I'm pulling for Chael Sonnen because I think he is funny as hell, also he is a great fighter, Jon Jones is no chump though. He will be difficult to beat which everyone has already been seeing his skills as a fighter.

If anyone keeps up with the Ultimate Fighter this would be a good place to talk about whats going on it also, I don't have Cable or Satellite so it's pretty hard for me to keep up with it.
*Update
There has been a lot of discussion regarding this event. After Jones turned down a matchup with Sonnen at UFC 151, many feel that the champion was a coward who should have been stripped of his title. Others continue to argue that Sonnen is unworthy of the opportunity that he is being afforded.

UFC president Dana White spoke about the personal nature of the main event:

Quote:Jon Jones has destroyed all the top guys in the light heavyweight division. He has defended the title four times and is one of the pound-for-pound best in the world. This fight with Chael is personal! Chael called Jones out and said a lot of things about him. Chael always comes to fight and I’m very interested in this matchup.

The hotly anticipated UFC 159 takes place on Saturday, April 27 at the Prudential Center in downtown Newark, New Jersey. At the time of publication, Jones vs. Sonnen is the only fight currently announced for the card.
Jon Jones will more than likely win...but I will not be rooting for him.

I'm a Chael P. Sonnen guy.
I am not a Chael Sonnen fan but after watching TUF last night he is growing on me.

Jon Jones will destroy him though.
Sonnen has some great fighting experience, He has more character than just running his mouth. I totally respect the guy as well as I do Jon Jones. I think it will be an excellent fight, and I think the end result will surprise everyone.
Outside of the what he puts out on TV Chael Sonnen is a stand up guy, Ive had the pleasure of meeting him on 2 different occasions and more so than a lot of people in the fight business he's a humble, well spoken, intelligent guy. He knows what he is doing when goes on tv and goes on these rants. Fox and the UFC love him, he is set up after he is done fighting. I honestly don't see any way outside of an injury during the fight that Sonnen stands a chance against Jones.
With that said, Sonnen is doing a great job so far as a coach on TUF, as expected.
That knockout last night on TUF was insane.
It was brutal. Hall is for real, his only 2 losses are to Weidman and a decision to Phillopou(sp?)
^not only was it brutal but he did it with a kick rarely seen in the cage (at least for me).....I don't know if there is anyone on the show that will beat Hall. It would have to be someone with a lucky strike.

IMO this is the two best coaches so far on TUF. Both of them seem to really be giving their guys the attention that they need. I think Chael is growing on Jon Jones and he realizes that outside of TV appearances he is a nice guy as NothingTrivial as stated.

It was nasty
Well, Chael Sonnen embarrassed himself and is thinking about retiring now.
I was hoping this fight would've went better than it did.

Roy Nelson and Congos fight was the highlight of the night, along with all the eye jabbing going on... which doesn't make sense to me. Someone can get kicked in the genitals with a cup on... and they give them a timeout. But if someone jabs your freaking eye out they call the fight if you need to take a minute so you can see?

I wasn't pleased at all how they handled the eye jabbing.

Ugh, Chael you sure talked alot of crap and didn't bring the thunder I will say that. Your a great fighter and you need to stick with it... just don't challenge Jon Jones whenever your not ready to face him. He really didn't ever deserve the fight in the first place.. ranked like what I think it was 8th or 6th overall in the LH division? He smacked talked his way to the fight and got embarrassed....
CraftCreeker Wrote:Well, Chael Sonnen embarrassed himself and is thinking about retiring now.
I was hoping this fight would've went better than it did.

Roy Nelson and Congos fight was the highlight of the night, along with all the eye jabbing going on... which doesn't make sense to me. Someone can get kicked in the genitals with a cup on... and they give them a timeout. But if someone jabs your freaking eye out they call the fight if you need to take a minute so you can see?

I wasn't pleased at all how they handled the eye jabbing.

Ugh, Chael you sure talked alot of crap and didn't bring the thunder I will say that. Your a great fighter and you need to stick with it... just don't challenge Jon Jones whenever your not ready to face him. He really didn't ever deserve the fight in the first place.. ranked like what I think it was 8th or 6th overall in the LH division? He smacked talked his way to the fight and got embarrassed....

He is actually the #8 contender in the Middleweight division. He moved up a weight class for this fight.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
What was crazy to me is that had the Ref seen Jon Jones broken toe he would have called the fight and Chael would have been crowned champion.

Glad he didn't pick up on it.
Well at least Chael came out and hit him a few times at least...he didn't back down.

But yeah...
LeeCoUKFan Wrote:He is actually the #8 contender in the Middleweight division. He moved up a weight class for this fight.

He's a former middleweight fighter, the move to 205 was a permanent move.
NothingTrivial Wrote:He's a former middleweight fighter, the move to 205 was a permanent move.

His permanent move should be in broadcasting. He has now called out Wanderlei Silva. Not sure he has those types of fights left in him.
judgementday Wrote:His permanent move should be in broadcasting. He has now called out Wanderlei Silva. Not sure he has those types of fights left in him.

He's still a great fighter, but he is no where near elite, and never has been. Anyone who thought he was just bought into the hype. I see him being a gate keeper in the division ala Rich Franklin.
NothingTrivial Wrote:He's a former middleweight fighter, the move to 205 was a permanent move.

Oh ok, I was just going by what shown on screen before the fight. I see that UFC.com has him in LH but, still ranked as the #9 Middleweight contender. Weird.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
Chael Sonnen vs. Wanderlei Silva rumored to be on the Fox Sports 1 debut show.
Total domination by jones.