Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NewCath names new football coach
NewCath names new football coach

Dan Wagner, who has been defensive coordinator at Newport Central Catholic for the past 13 seasons, was named the school’s head football coach Tuesday, according to athletic director Rob Detzel.

Wagner replaces Eddie Eviston, who resigned in mid-December to take a position as offensive coordinator at Georgetown College.
In three seasons as NewCath’s head coach, Eviston compiled a 35-8 record and won two Class 2A state championships (2010 and 2012).
Wagner’s defensive unit allowed 16.6 points per game this season, but just 11.7 over the last 11 games.
According to Detzel, Wagner will remain a teacher at Campbell County Middle School.
Wagner will be just the third head coach at NewCath since 1966. Eviston replaced Bob Schneider, who compiled a 345-183-2 record from 1966-2009.

http://nky.cincinnati.com/article/AB/201...ball-coach
I am very happy for Dan. With him teaching in the Campbell County school district, I was really hopeful he would have applied for the Campbell Co. job a few years ago. He made the right decision to wait for his dream job. I wish him luck.
Great hire.
Sounds like NCC got someone who really wants to be there for years to come. Congrats.
Since he took over the D, NewCath has had its rebirth. They have been to 8 state title games and have won 4 times.
Congrats to Coach Wagner and T'Bred nation...best wishes and continued success!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."

-Mahatma Gandhi
Congrats to Coach Wagner for being named head coach of NCC. Dan is a very good coach who has put in his time and waited for the job to come available. I'm glad the people in charge realized that he IS the best man for the job. Best of luck Coach!!!
Congratulations to Dan Wagner and the TBred folks. This is a great hire and will be exciting to see what the breds do next year.
Paid his dues, good hire
Congrats and good luck Coach!