Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Betsy Layne Head Football Coach?
Is BL going to find them a new coach before season starts? It looks that the principal there is trying to kill the program....excuse me, HE HAS killed the football program. What a shame.
The bobcats will name a coach Friday. They have been lifting for the past month or so. There not in bad shape, they should be ready for the coach to take off with them.
Betsy Layne should get there season turned around this year regardless of who the coach is..they have some talented players returning.
They need to speed things up just a little...
Betsy Layne should have a descent season, but they have a lot of hurdles to jump.

At best their record should be 4-6 and I think that would be a great season.
I just heard from a reliable source in the Virgie area that Bobby Branham will accept the job at BL in a few days. Bob is a great guy and will put forth the effort and time to create a winning program at BL. Pike County's loss will be Floyd County's gain. Good Luck Bob!!!!!! RC
Congrats Bob.
I played for Bobby when he was at Pikeville. Hes a good guy and I wish him luck hes definetely going to need it where hes going.
How many more years until Betsy Layne can play in the district?
I heard that red parsons was gonna get the job
I know Jonathan (RED) Parsons, and he really wants the job but he also wants what is best for the kids. I think he is the best choice for the job. I thought Bobby Branham turned the job down before why is he interested now.
So what is the deal now?
I think there will be a decision at the end of the week but I am not sure.
Is there any word yet, or announcement?
With less than 2 months to 2 adays arent you allready given up on the upcomong year by not having a coach in place?
I think it will be hard to try to get things going if they wait until the dead period is over.
I was at Bob's tonight when BL's principal called him and welcomed him aboard. I think he will do and excellent job. He will revive the program and feels like he has the support of the administration. He said that he would be talking to the players next week as he can not officially do anything until he gets his resignation turned into Pike County. You guys take care of Bob and he will WIN and make it a tradition. He will probably be looking for some assistant's. He talked about 2 or 3 that were there last year that were wanting to help and he's going to welcome them. Said that all volunteers would be appreciated. Good Luck Bob and the Bobcats. "I'll be at every game cuz" RC
well its good to hear we finally have a coach and i cant wait to start practice and see how he can help us
It is official Bobby Branham is going to lead the way for the bobcats.
I hear coach Fugate who was at Powell and Rowan may be helping him over there this season.Fugate is an ole Breathitt county boy.
I wouldn't mind helping after college if i move back to this area.
[email=BC75@Bluegrassrivals.com][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/email]
BC75@Bluegrassrivals.com
I mean i am a former bobcat an would love to see this program get strong.
BC75@Bluegrassrivals.com
We would love to see a side line full of coaches who know what they are doing.:Thumbs:
Congrats coach and best of luck.
Caoch B are you the new Betsy Layne coach????
Thanks, MCDADDY and yes Fanatic it is me.
Bobby Branham is a good guy and I wish him and Betsy Layne the best. Fans, just remember that the turnaround won't be an easy or quick process....
Blackcat 75,
I bet we could get that o and line goin baby! lol
I think a new tradition will begin this year at B.L.
Coach Branham and coach Fugate will lay the foundation.
Riddick Wrote:Blackcat 75,
I bet we could get that o and line goin baby! lol

Ah, i'd like to give it a try when i get some time, hopefully after college. I would love to see coach b get his wheels goin up on the hill.
BC75@Bluegrassrivals.com