Poll: Heat or Mavericks ?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Heat
0%
Mavericks
0%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Heat or Mavericks
Both teams won the series in 6 !
Heat in 5
Mavs in 6 because Dirk and Jason Terry are too good. Jerry Stackhouse was also shooting well and playing great off the bench.
QB Challenge Champion, Just Pitching Champion, Midi Golf Champion- My Greatest Accomplishments in Life
Ill say Heat in 5 games maybe 6. The problem is the Mavs have no one that can guard Shaq. Diop and and Dampier both dont have the size to body up Shaq. They will double team him all night which will allow other role players to exploit the Mavs poor defense. Wade will run wild. Dirk is good but he wont be able to carry this team to a championship. Gary Payton finally gets that long awaited ring.
Mavs in 7

Dirk is going to be a tough matchup.. I think Avery Johnson will throw his big man at Shaq and send him to the line.
Mavs in 6 to much Howard and Terry.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[YOUTUBE="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Y2Ezx8SnN0"][/YOUTUBE]
youknowwhoibe Wrote:Ill say Heat in 5 games maybe 6. The problem is the Mavs have no one that can guard Shaq. Diop and and Dampier both dont have the size to body up Shaq. They will double team him all night which will allow other role players to exploit the Mavs poor defense. Wade will run wild. Dirk is good but he wont be able to carry this team to a championship. Gary Payton finally gets that long awaited ring.

I saw some thing that said they're just going to play zone, keep Dirk in the middle, and just try to get him to keep Shaq away from the basket and sworm him if he does get close to try to force him into mistakes
QB Challenge Champion, Just Pitching Champion, Midi Golf Champion- My Greatest Accomplishments in Life
Well, it must be a match-up zone because you cant just sit in the middle in the NBA because of the defensive three second rule. I could picture them playing a matchup zone but I believe they would get hurt too much from the outside by Williams, Wade, Payton, Walker, and Posey. TorQQue has it right, they will play Hack-A-Shack. Even so, if Shaq makes 10 out of 20 or so, he is still helping quite a bit and they wont foul him on every possession. The thing is the Heat have so many options on offense while the Mavs have a limited number in comparison. Many of speak of Howard, but Howard has a gimp leg right now and is playing with less than 100%. Dirk will be a difficult match-up I'll admit, but with a combination of Haslem, Posey, and Toine they will do a solid job at containing Dirk. They have many more options for guarding Dirk than the Suns had. Both play a half-court game and allowing the Heat to get in their half-court game will be very bad for the Mavs. It gives Shaq a chance to get down floor post up and be ...well....Shaq. I dont believe the Mavs are deep enough to compete with the Heat either.
Mavs
I say Heat in 5 i think Pat Riley is a better coach then Avery Shaq will be the most dominant player there and the Heat are to good on their home court
GO HEAT:letsparty :letsparty :letsparty
Heat in 7
Heat in 5. The Mavs have no answer for Shaq and Wade.
Lets go Heat!
Twitter: @tc_analytics

youknowwhoibe Wrote:Well, it must be a match-up zone because you cant just sit in the middle in the NBA because of the defensive three second rule. I could picture them playing a matchup zone but I believe they would get hurt too much from the outside by Williams, Wade, Payton, Walker, and Posey. TorQQue has it right, they will play Hack-A-Shack. Even so, if Shaq makes 10 out of 20 or so, he is still helping quite a bit and they wont foul him on every possession. The thing is the Heat have so many options on offense while the Mavs have a limited number in comparison. Many of speak of Howard, but Howard has a gimp leg right now and is playing with less than 100%. Dirk will be a difficult match-up I'll admit, but with a combination of Haslem, Posey, and Toine they will do a solid job at containing Dirk. They have many more options for guarding Dirk than the Suns had. Both play a half-court game and allowing the Heat to get in their half-court game will be very bad for the Mavs. It gives Shaq a chance to get down floor post up and be ...well....Shaq. I dont believe the Mavs are deep enough to compete with the Heat either.

I know there's defensive 3 seconds, but not if you're on a man posting up, so you could get outside the lane whenever the ball moves.

I don't know if I really want the Mavs to win so bad or if I just hate Shaq so bad that I don't wanna see him win
Mavs in the 7th
Dirk stands at the top of the key inside the three-point line (sometimes on the wings, sometimes behind the three-point line, sometimes on the wings behind the three-point line), and he shoots jumpers. Sometimes he hits a lot of them, sometimes he misses a lot of them, and sometimes he misses or makes but also posts up, drives, and does other things. If he's making his shots or just moving a lot and making stuff happen, I think the Mavs win
I'm not a big fan of the western conference teams but the Mavs can score 130pts in a 4 quarter game and the Heat dont have that many offensive weapons to beat the mavs ! I say the mavs in 6 !
Both teams are stacked with players who have a great intelligience of the game and can excell at the highest of levels and it doesnt get any higher than the Finals. The big stars on both teams will have there expected games such as Dirk, Shaq and Dwayne Wade, but the goto players for the Mavs are of course Jason Terry and there most versitale player in Josh Howard and if he scores over 20 they cant be beat. The Heat look to the ol UK boy Antoine Walker, he has gave them some great moments in the playoffs and has finally found his spot in Miami. But after all of the analysis about this, I pick the Mavs in 7 games for their first NBA Title. Thios series outta be very exciting to watch!
blackcat_student Wrote:I'm not a big fan of the western conference teams but the Mavs can score 130pts in a 4 quarter game and the Heat dont have that many offensive weapons to beat the mavs ! I say the mavs in 6 !

Lack of weapons? Shaq, Flash, Posey, Williams, Walker, Payton, and a few more role players...defensively Haslem, Wade, and Mourning are great and Shaq feels up space. Dirk, Terry, who shows up a few games a series, an ailing Josh Howard, and well...Jerry Stackhouse?
Mavs in Game 6 or 7.Direck will be to much and Stackhouse with Terry
youknowwhoibe Wrote:Lack of weapons? Shaq, Flash, Posey, Williams, Walker, Payton, and a few more role players...defensively Haslem, Wade, and Mourning are great and Shaq feels up space. Dirk, Terry, who shows up a few games a series, an ailing Josh Howard, and well...Jerry Stackhouse?

Well lets see Wade and Shaq are the only players that can score over 20pts each game ! Walker dosnt have good games every night like wade ! Posey is an average NBA player who can come in and get maybe 10pts ! Jason Williams can score but its either him going to have the 25pts or Shaq or Wade ! And the Mavs can throw 4 guys at Shaq !Now the Mavs can go 8 deep in there bench of guys who can score 15+ pts every night thats a whole lot better than 3 guys doing it ! Terry is an automatic 15 and so is Harris, Howard, and Stackhouse ! Nowitski is an automatic 25-30 pts every night ! The odds to me favor the mavs !
blackcat_student Wrote:Well lets see Wade and Shaq are the only players that can score over 20pts each game ! Walker dosnt have good games every night like wade ! Posey is an average NBA player who can come in and get maybe 10pts ! Jason Williams can score but its either him going to have the 25pts or Shaq or Wade ! And the Mavs can throw 4 guys at Shaq !Now the Mavs can go 8 deep in there bench of guys who can score 15+ pts every night thats a whole lot better than 3 guys doing it ! Terry is an automatic 15 and so is Harris, Howard, and Stackhouse ! Nowitski is an automatic 25-30 pts every night ! The odds to me favor the mavs !

Yeah I agree totally. Too much of a load to carry for Wade and Shaq, but you cant underestiamte them though, but still too tough.
youknowwhoibe Wrote:Lack of weapons? Shaq, Flash, Posey, Williams, Walker, Payton, and a few more role players...defensively Haslem, Wade, and Mourning are great and Shaq feels up space. Dirk, Terry, who shows up a few games a series, an ailing Josh Howard, and well...Jerry Stackhouse?

What the people ahead of me said.
Looks like the Mavs grabbed game 1 :

Heat- 80
Mavs- 90
yep Mavs took the first one.
Heat have no offense, it's throw the ball into Shaq (who takes 20 minutes to get down the floor, which he doesn't even bother going back to the other side for defense sometimes), just throwing up shots, or Wade being the only player to make good plays.

Mavs could sweep this one
Mavs took game 1
I think that the Mavs have too much depth and will win in 5.
Twitter: @tc_analytics

TheBrahmaBull Wrote:I think that the Mavs have too much depth and will win in 5.

Agreed, I don't think the Heat have enough weapons to put up enough points to stay with the Mavs, plus the fact that Shaq can't get up and down the floor- not to mention that if they can just keep him bodied up so he can't get near the basket to overpower someone, he just takes up space, and the Heat's only other good weapon is Wade (Payton and Walker are decent, but not a big enough threat to make that big of an impact)
Im having to eat my own words now, but how was I to know that the Heat would start playing like they did against the Bulls again. The Mavs are playing great defense but thats no excuse for the poor free throw shooting and many of the to's are mental, unforced mistakes. If they dont start playing like they did against the Pistons and Nets, they will get swept.