Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is Chuck Smith interested in the Ashland job?
Leaping Lee Wrote:Bob, out of curiousity have you ever seen Baker's mother?

Is she 6'1" 225lbs too?
How about that Tony Love.
FBALL Wrote:How about that Tony Love.
lol. :Thumbs:
According to some of my more delusional feline friends Ashland had two guys running 4.2 40s last year.

I still laugh even when I type it.
FBALL Wrote:According to some of my more delusional feline friends Ashland had two guys running 4.2 40s last year.

I still laugh even when I type it.

Well now, here's FBALL with the scoop. Are you saying that Leapin Leroy is a female? "It" seems to be fitting the criteria as described. :biggrin:
Bob Seger Wrote:Well now, here's FBALL with the scoop. Are you saying that Leapin Leroy is a female? "It" seems to be fitting the criteria as described. :biggrin:

Feline - of or relating to cats.

I think he's got your nuts in a vise over that reading comprehension thing now. Confusednicker:
FBALL Wrote:Feline - of or relating to cats.

I think he's got your nuts in a vise over that reading comprehension thing now. Confusednicker:
Female/feline fans!!!!Same thing aint it? :biggrin:
And here I thought these guys running 4.2s was the funny part.
FBALL Wrote:And here I thought these guys running 4.2s was the funny part.

Naw, that's just the imaginary part.
Baker no pauses in a 40 yard dash may run a 4.2 40. But football speed is different. He doesn't read the whole as well or decide where he wants to run quickly enough yet. Now how can work hard and be great but the expectation being place on a sophomore is alot. Also congrats to tony love if he did indeed get the job. Truly deserving.
He doesn't run a 4.2 40.
FBALL Wrote:He doesn't run a 4.2 40.

Idk what he was timed at. I know sec speed is an exaggeration whatever it is.
Tony Love new head coach at Ashland. Announced at Johnson Central game tonight.
Seems fball was correct. Tony love is the next head coach. Tony loves the Ashland program and will pour his heart and soul into much as he has done for the past 20 years. Couldn't ask for a better guy to lead and mold these young men. Congrats coach love. Here is to a successful season.
tomcatfan722000 Wrote:Baker no pauses in a 40 yard dash may run a 4.2 40. But football speed is different. He doesn't read the whole as well or decide where he wants to run quickly enough yet. Now how can work hard and be great but the expectation being place on a sophomore is alot. Also congrats to tony love if he did indeed get the job. Truly deserving.

There is probably not a football player in the whole country (AT ANY LEVEL)that can run a 4.2 40 and there are very few people in the "WHOLE WORLD, PERIOD" that can do it.

And Ashland Paul Blazer High School in little ole ASH-LAND Kentucky has two of them? :yikes:

Confusednicker:
Bob Seger Wrote:There is probably not a football player in the whole country (AT ANY LEVEL)that can run a 4.2 40 and there are very few people in the "WHOLE WORLD, PERIOD" that can do it.

And Ashland Paul Blazer High School in little ole ASH-LAND Kentucky has two of them? :yikes:

Confusednicker:
To be fair I never said he could or couldn't. Some of our maroon faithful have been no to exaggerate from time to time. I said idk what he was timed at.
First off I have been very busy past few weeks, havent had time to get on here so congrats to Tony Love on being named H.C. I have a few things to add. Love was not Ashlands first choice for the job. Found out last week Chuck Smith was 1st choice and he had accepted the job on 1 condition. He wanted to get rid of the JFL program and that caused Ashland and him to agree to disagree. Salmons from Cabell Midland was 2nd choice but he backed out of the job at the last minute so Love was their 3rd choice. I wish him the best of luck but promoting from within has not worked out to well in the past and from what I have heard he will be on a short leash!
T-CATS Wrote:First off I have been very busy past few weeks, havent had time to get on here so congrats to Tony Love on being named H.C. I have a few things to add. Love was not Ashlands first choice for the job. Found out last week Chuck Smith was 1st choice and he had accepted the job on 1 condition. He wanted to get rid of the JFL program and that caused Ashland and him to agree to disagree. Salmons from Cabell Midland was 2nd choice but he backed out of the job at the last minute so Love was their 3rd choice. I wish him the best of luck but promoting from within has not worked out to well in the past and from what I have heard he will be on a short leash!
I have heard similar information. But I know tony is going to do a great job. The man deserves an opportunity to be a head coach and much better to have him at ashland than at Boyd county making us regret not giving him a chance. Ashlands strength the past few years has been there defense and that was all orchestrated by coach love. If chuck smith really wanted to get rid of JFL then I'm glad ashland didn't hire him. The JFL program is becoming a good feeder system for the program an gets Kids interested in football. Seems Joker Phillips decision making has rubbed off on coach smith. Maybe he needs some detox if that is indeed true. We are in good hands with tony love that much I am positive about.
If Chuck Smith accepted this job (which I doubt) and Ashland turned him away because he wanted to revamp the JFL, then the powers that be at Ashland should be run out of town.
T-CATS Wrote:First off I have been very busy past few weeks, havent had time to get on here so congrats to Tony Love on being named H.C. I have a few things to add. Love was not Ashlands first choice for the job. Found out last week Chuck Smith was 1st choice and he had accepted the job on 1 condition. He wanted to get rid of the JFL program and that caused Ashland and him to agree to disagree. Salmons from Cabell Midland was 2nd choice but he backed out of the job at the last minute so Love was their 3rd choice. I wish him the best of luck but promoting from within has not worked out to well in the past and from what I have heard he will be on a short leash!

IF this is true and I was a fan of Ashland, I would not post it on an open forum. What good is to come from it? To me all it does is undermine Coach Love. Why would you want your kids thinking the administration did not fully support Coach Love? Like it or not, he is your coach. Get on board and support him.
I'm completely happy with Coach Love.
Congrats to coach Love. My wife said that his wife is probably in 7th heaven.
Replacing Coach Hart with Coach Love? Who is next? Coach Romance... is Cupid running wild up there? You guys must cherish Valentine's Day.
Belfry0304 Wrote:Replacing Coach Hart with Coach Love? Who is next? Coach Romance... is Cupid running wild up there? You guys must cherish Valentine's Day.

No we cherish making sure your pirates don't win in Putnam.
tomcatfan722000 Wrote:No we cherish making sure your pirates don't win in Putnam.
Well that certainly won't be a problem. After agreeing to play Belfry the next two years, your coach backed out on that agreement so the Tomcats could schedule a weaker team.
Buc-a-roo Wrote:Well that certainly won't be a problem. After agreeing to play Belfry the next two years, your coach backed out on that agreement so the Tomcats could schedule a weaker team.

Actually coach hart agreed to play belfry. Coach love wants a different opponent. I do not know who. I have heard fairview is in the works and with the way Nate mcpeek coaches and the shape of the fairview program I think that would be a good game. It should be interesting to see how the schedule plays out. I have respect for the belfry program but if you can find equal competion and avoid that long trip why wouldn't you. If anyone knows what the schedule will look like let us know.
tomcatfan722000 Wrote:Actually coach hart agreed to play belfry. Coach love wants a different opponent. I do not know who. I have heard fairview is in the works and with the way Nate mcpeek coaches and the shape of the fairview program I think that would be a good game. It should be interesting to see how the schedule plays out. I have respect for the belfry program but if you can find equal competion and avoid that long trip why wouldn't you. If anyone knows what the schedule will look like let us know.
Coach Hart did agree to play Belfry, but then he is the one who cancelled the game, in November. Sheldon Clark had an opening and Ashland dropped Belfry to pick up Sheldon Clark.
I wish those wins at Putnam Stadium would come, but the lessons we learn in losses there benefit us so much when traveling during the playoffs that it really doesn't hurt my feelings. Besides, when you're a back-to-back-to-back state runner up you don't really take criticism to heart from a team who isn't even the best in their district anymore.
Don't get butthurt, I'm obviously joking. Our record against the Kitties speaks for itself, and it does not say good things for us.
Trash talk is all in the fun of it. I saw the schedule the other day and gotta say its a step in the right direction. I would say coach love had heavy input in November on the Sheldon Clark decision. I know coach hart loved playing belfry and competing against coach Haywood. I would say if he had been the coach this year you would see belfry on the schedule. But with Ironton,NCC,GW,And Sheldon Clark on the schedule it should be a good competitive season.