Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Coaching Changes
Bears, Browns, Eagles, Chiefs, Chargers, Bills have all fired their coaches. Jets have fired their GM but will retain Rex Ryan.
I hear Arizona has fired their coach as well
Here are some candidates for the Jets GM position

Now that Mike Tannenbaum is out as the Jets' general manager, let's take a look at names likely on the team's radar. Woody Johnson announced that Rex Ryan will remain as coach, so a candidate who has ties to Ryan might help.

Jerry Angelo, former Bears GM -- A well-respected football man who built the Bears' 2006 Super Bowl team. He went 87-73 during an 11-year run as the Bears' GM. Spent last season out of football, looking to get back in.

David Caldwell, Falcons, director of player personnel -- A Bill Polian protege who spent a decade as a Colts scout. Has been linked to several potential openings. Has spent only one season in current role, working with highly regarded GM Thomas Dimitroff.

Joey Clinkscales, Raiders, director of player personnel -- Knows the ins and outs of the Jets organization, having served as vice president of college scouting from 2008 to 2012. Before that, he was a longtime scout for the Jets.

Scott Cohen, Jets, assistant GM -- The top in-house candidate. Has worked closely with Tannenbaum since 2008, mostly scouting in pro personnel. Previously worked for the Eagles.

Eric DeCosta, Ravens, assistant GM -- Has been linked to several GM openings in recent years, but signed a lucrative deal last January to remain with Ravens. Seen as Ozzie Newsome's heir apparent. Has a background with Ryan.

John Dorsey, Packers, director of football operations -- Has spent most of his career in Green Bay. Worked at the side of Ron Wolf, one of the best GMs in history. Worked his way up from a college scout.

Brian Gaine, Dolphins, assistant GM -- Considered a rising star in league circles. A native New Yorker, a former practice-squad TE for the Jets and a former Jets scout. Learned the business from Bill Parcells. Strong scouting background. Knows the AFC East.

Tom Gamble, 49ers, director of player personnel -- Has been linked to potential openings in Jacksonville and Cleveland. Served as Jets defensive assistant in 1995-96. Also spent time under Polian with the Colts. Solid résumé.

George Kokinis, Ravens, personnel assistant -- Familiar with Ryan from their days in Baltimore together. Has spent most of career with the Ravens, but served as the Browns' GM in 2009 before losing a power struggle to then-coach Eric Mangini.

Bill Polian, former Colts GM -- One of the most accomplished personnel men in history, having built Super Bowl teams in Buffalo and Indianap

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/jets/po...candidates
-Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter
Arizona and Chicago have asked for and received permission to interview Broncos OC Mike McCoy for their HC job. Will interview this weekend.

Raiders have released OC Greg Knapp, special teams coordinator Steve Hoffman, IL coach Frank Pollack and linebackers coach Johnny Holland.

Panthers announced HC Ron Rivera will meet with owner Jerry Richardson to discuss his future.

Jets and Jaguars have asked permission from San Francisco to interview 49ers director of player personnel Tom Gamble for their GM jobs.
Wonder if Jerry Jones will fire Jason Garett or not.
^ He needs to be.
Black Monday in the NFL....

Seeing that Rex Ryan still has a job today, just makes me sick...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
After being fired today, Lovie Smith was contacted by 4 different teams about their head coaching position. I suspect he won't be on the table long.
Strikeout King Wrote:-Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter
Raiders have released OC Greg Knapp, special teams coordinator Steve Hoffman, IL coach Frank Pollack and linebackers coach Johnny Holland.

Thank god.

Greg Knapp is one of the worst OC's in the league.

I'd be shocked if he ever got another OC job.
IMO the Bears made a huge mistake letting Lovie go. Come on, injuries has killed the Bears the 2nd half of the last 2 seasons. 10-6 and lose your job??

I'm a sad Bears fan today.
Lovie Smith is expected to interview for Bills job

Andy Reid, Chiefs are on verge of a deal
#1 Blackcat Fan Wrote:IMO the Bears made a huge mistake letting Lovie go. Come on, injuries has killed the Bears the 2nd half of the last 2 seasons. 10-6 and lose your job??

I'm a sad Bears fan today.

I am sad as well but I figured it would be coming...

My wish list has Bill Cowher and John Gruden on it.
judgementday Wrote:I am sad as well but I figured it would be coming...

My wish list has Bill Cowher and John Gruden on it.

No kidding. I was just talking with a fellow friend/Bears fan of mine today and told him the same thing.

With Lovie being gone these are the only 2 i think would make me happy.
^ditto...

Too bad I am not in charge...lol

Rumor has it that Mike Holmgren has reached out to the Bears.
Hearing that Bill O'Brien is about to leave Penn State and jump to the NFL. After asking the players to stay at Penn State after everything that happened and now he's about to head to the NFL.
Bears have asked for permission to interview Bruce Arians
Chip Kelly is interviewing with the Bills tomorrow
Strikeout King Wrote:Hearing that Bill O'Brien is about to leave Penn State and jump to the NFL. After asking the players to stay at Penn State after everything that happened and now he's about to head to the NFL.

I heard the opposite, that he did interview with the Browns but that was the only interview that he was going to do.

He's staying.
What I reported was from earlier today.
judgementday Wrote:^ditto...

Too bad I am not in charge...lol

Rumor has it that Mike Holmgren has reached out to the Bears.

I would be satisfied with that choice also.