Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
14th regional tournament
When and where is it?
Jan. 20th, 26,27th... @ Knott County Central
Who is playing and when will the brackets come out for this?
Jan. 20th:
Whitesburg vs Emmalena 1:30
Buckhorn vs Sebastaion 2:35
AB Combs vs Leslie County 4:00

Jan. 26th:
Top Bracket
Cordia vs RW Combs 10 a.m.
Jackson City vs AB/Leslie Winner 11:15

Bottom Bracket
Hazard vs Whitesburg/Emmalena Winner 12:30
Wolfe County vs Buckhorn/Sebastain Winner 1:45

Semi Final 1: 3:00
Semi-Final 2: 4:45

Jan. 27th
Consolation Game 2:00
Championship Game 3:15
What will be some of the better games in the first round?
The Tournament has been updated:

Jan.20th: First Round
RW Combs vs Whitesburg 1:30
Buckhorn vs Sebastatian 2:45
Chavies vs Emmalena 4:00
AB Combs vs Leslie 5:15
Jan. 26:
Cordia vs RW/Whitesburg winner 10:00
Jackson City vs AB/Leslie winner 11:15
Hazard vs Chavies/Emmalena winner 12:30
Wolfe vs Buckhorn/Sebastatian winner 1:45

Semi-Final 1: 3:00
Semi-Final 2: 4:45

Jan. 27th:
Consolation Game 2:00
Championship Game 3:15
RW vs Whitesburg should be a good one. I'd say RW wasn't thrilled with the revisions. Isn't Emmallena a Knott School, imagine that , them benefiting from a revision. After all its played at Knott.
Overall this looks to be a good tournament. Should be some good games!
Why does the 56th dist not play in this tournment?
I don't know ...that is a good question. Who are the favorites? Who could be a dark horse?
Jackson City and Wolfe Co. From what I've seen are the favorites. I haven't seen Cordia play but have heard good things about them. AB and RW are the top teams from Perry but I have seen Chavies and Buckhorn play and are capable of beating someone. Whitesburg has a nice team as well. I think they have split with AB. Haven't really seen Hazard but I am sure they have a good team. I have seen Emmalena, SMS, and Leslie only once and that was early in the season. From what I remember all three had decent size and played pretty well in the games I saw! This really does look to be a good tournament. As for the 56th district it would be good to see some of those teams involved!
If I am not mistaken, Whitesburg swept ab combs, and hazard. Someone verify that it happen. I was in Lexington, and don't know.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
I know AB defeated Whitesburg during Perry Central's tournament a couple weeks back. I believe it was in the semi finals of the tournament. I know of a game where Whitesburg beat AB in which AB led by double digits. Seems like they may have played one other time but I am not sure if that one!
This is gong to be a great tournament.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

I like hazard to win this tourney. RW is up and down. Wolve and Jackson are tough. Sebastian is a good looking team but are also up and down
With Perry County schools out due to sickness will this affect the teams from Perry? Haven't heard anyone say but they were told no grade school activities the rest of the week.
Good question on the Perry situation....how many Perry schools are in the tournament?
commadora Wrote:Good question on the Perry situation....how many Perry schools are in the tournament?

There are four teams from Perry. AB, Buckhorn, Chavies, and RW.
The first round games (Jan.20th) of the tournament has been postponed due to sickness in the Perry County Schools. No date has been set and nothing has been determined about games on Jan. 26, and 27th.
Top 2 Teams in region should be standing in the end. Jackson City and Wolfe!!
Who is the favorite to win
Has there been a new date set for the first rd games
Cordia is really talented. Coach Thomas has done a real good job there
Cordia played with Wolfe at Wolfe the first half of the game, I believe it was tied if I am not mistaken. Wolfe came out with the win, but this was also a game played without one of Cordia's two great point guards. Cordia beat RW by 30 at the beginning of season play, and have played with both AB and Hazard this season, losing by less than 10. Cordia will be a team to watch for with Nowell and Combs, and some other very talented shooters!
Combs and Nowell are great players but if u can get one in foul trouble they are in trouble
Any updates on any of the scores?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Has anyone heard about new dates for tourney?