Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WYMT Mountain Top Ten
lillianhidgepork Wrote:So the all knowing( according to you) does not know what offers a girl from Whitley County has? Let me tell you one thing, I do know who has offers.....and not from NAIA schools either. I dont want to keep on cause I dont want to make a very nice girl look bad cause I am on here arguing with people from the 13th region, but most of you people absolutely nothing about basketball other than what you deem is a good high school player. There are people who has had a great deal of good laughs at you gutless on this very thread if you knew who they were you might never post again.:devilflam

I guess you now realize that im not a family member as you obviously are.
I like how many questioned that, even though ive been on the site for years.
Im going by what i see. Right now, the best high school player doesnt mean a thing. What matters is who is still standing at the end of the year, as ive stated several times before you went on your childish rants.
You are continuing to make yourself look completely stupid and other posters are starting to realize that.
I told you what ive heard. Im just a fan. Trust me, there is nothing that would keep me from posting again. Your just another 1 year poster rooting for his family member only to be burnt out and shut up after his team loses. You continually insult me, which i could care less because ive seen it a million times before, and youve also continued to insult other members and your ilk has finally got them riled up.

At the end of the day, your still you, and get worked up (which is easy to do, and ive done it successfully many times) while i sit here and constantly laugh at you, along with all other members. You dont post anything else throughout the site, which continues to further my beliefs.

I guess we shall find out who the best team is (what ive been arguing all along) and you can have your "best player" (not really) and we will continue to laugh at you. Keep em coming, there getting funnier everytime you post.
lillianhidgepork Wrote:So the all knowing( according to you) does not know what offers a girl from Whitley County has? Let me tell you one thing, I do know who has offers.....and not from NAIA schools either. I dont want to keep on cause I dont want to make a very nice girl look bad cause I am on here arguing with people from the 13th region, but most of you people absolutely nothing about basketball other than what you deem is a good high school player. There are people who has had a great deal of good laughs at you gutless on this very thread if you knew who they were you might never post again.:devilflam

This might be the stupidest post ive ever seen.
You'd be surprised who Gut actually is.
Please, continue to entertain us.
HDE Wrote:You used to sound like you knew what you were talking about, then you became one of these "one issue posters."
Morris has a good game and you start with the see I told you so, the rest of you are stupid posts like a 12 year old. Then, she has a bad game, and it's I don't care she's still the best and anyone who doesn't think so is stupid.

I explained this once before, but I'll try again:

The list isn't for the best player on the national level in summer competition.
It's not for the best college prospect.
It's not for the player who is rated the highest by the recruiting services.
The list isn't even picked by the clueless Cats Pause writer. It is a coaches poll.

Morris is a great high school player and has a tremendous college future ahead of her. If you saw a lot of HIGH SCHOOL games last year though you'd know that Madden was just as good a HIGH SCHOOL player. Maybe Morris moves to the front this season, but it's very close going into the year.

But, again, I must point out that talent and BCS college scholarships aren't the only ways to judge a HIGH SCHOOL player. Those polls, after all, are about high school players.

Scott Russell was Mr. Football in 1991 and went to an NAIA school. He was the best HIGH SCHOOL player that year. Phil Cox was Mr. Basketball in 1981 but other (taller) players had more Division I offers. Richie Farmer is a Kentucky high school legend, but he was not considered one of the top college prospects in the nation. Allan Houston went on to play in the NBA, but Farmer will always be remembered as one of the greatest HIGH SCHOOL players in the history of the state.

Spot on.
Bolt Wrote:This might be the stupidest post ive ever seen.
You'd be surprised who Gut actually is.
Please, continue to entertain us.

Dont bother our little friend.
Id hate for him to get all riled up.
^ I think it's too late for that Gut lol
13th region is loaded this year with 4 very good teams. There also is a great collection of players.Harlan, Clay and Whitley could either one end of being the queens of the mountains when the season is over.
^
It seems the 13th is much better than the rest of the mountain IMO.
I was surprised Whitley lost to Tates Creek, but losses happen. These holiday tournaments always seem to set teams up to fail. From the looks of it, almost all the teams in the mountain top 10 has lost a few games in these things.
Well said sir
Just who would you guys say are the top 10 players in the 13th now that most have played 10+ games? Statistics are showing some interesting things IMO.
1. Morris
2. Massingil
3. Madden

After that its gets murky.....
No way is Madden 3rd. 1 or 2 with no questions asked.
UKCC who is your top 3, 5 10?
UKCC Wrote:No way is Madden 3rd. 1 or 2 with no questions asked.

1. Madden
2. Morris
3. Smith

IMO...
1. Madden
2. Morris
3. Mills
3. Smith
5. Massengill
6. Arthur
7. Erslan
8. Wilson Mir.(Corbin)
9. Smith Kayla(LC)
10. Green
Where does Madden have college offers?
Not sure to be honest. I would say most of these girls have colleges that are interested in them. Now as far as out right offers, you only have a few Sr. players that would be able to play at the next lvl. Madden, Arthur, Mills, Powers, ??
Morris, a sophmore, has the following OFFERS:
EKU, WKU, Xavier, VA Tech, Dayton Univ, Marquette, Louisville and over Christmas break picked one up from Univ of Kentucky.
Morris will have many more offers.......
^
She'll end up at UK.
She could very well end up there, but when Notre Dame and UCONN come calling it could muddy the waters.
I've only got one thing to say....There is going to be some very surprised people on this site come college signing day. The so called experts, are going to look very dumb.... after some girls sign their letter of intent. This day can not get here quick enough for me, so several will have to shut their mouths once and for all (Message not directed at you lillianhidgepork).
I would go with Madden then Morris. After that you have 2 or 3 girls vying for 3rd.

As far as college offers, I don't when the last time that won you a high school game. Any basketball fan or sports fan for that matter knows there are players in NAIA or DIII that were better than D-1's at one time. Madden is too undersized to play major college ball. If she were 6'1" she could easily play upper level. Chances are, she'll end up at a Georgetown or somewhere along those lines.

That being said, Morris has years to play. She will end up at a D-1 school. No doubt in my mind.
Basketball Wizzard Wrote:I've only got one thing to say....There is going to be some very surprised people on this site come college signing day. The so called experts, are going to look very dumb.... after some girls sign their letter of intent. This day can not get here quick enough for me, so several will have to shut their mouths once and for all (Message not directed at you lillianhidgepork).

Whats the surprise?
Dont keep us waiting.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Whats the surprise?
Dont keep us waiting.

Don't worry....you will know it when it happens....I will see to it personally....:betterthanexpected:
I have watched Whitley for a long time. Anderson has had more talent than is on this team, and more individual talent. The thing that always held them back was one player (or more) trying to be the star, listening to parents who were self centered. This team is playing as a team, no one part greater than the other. This is shown by the stats, not the same player being the leading scorer every night. I think if they can continue this course they should have a lot of success in the post season.

Now, I can see by reading some posts here, and having been to several games that there are people around the program who have their own agendas for the kids, or at least kids they are "fans." They have no concern for the team, only what the team can do for their player. Time to take a page of the JFK play book and ask not what your team can do for you, but what you can do for your team.
lillianhidgepork Wrote:1. Morris
2. Massingil
3. Madden

After that its gets murky.....

Very insightful, especially after the Lady Bears big win tonight over Clay. Awesome job Lady Bears!!!!
BriarCreekBrave Wrote:I have watched Whitley for a long time. Anderson has had more talent than is on this team, and more individual talent. The thing that always held them back was one player (or more) trying to be the star, listening to parents who were self centered. This team is playing as a team, no one part greater than the other. This is shown by the stats, not the same player being the leading scorer every night. I think if they can continue this course they should have a lot of success in the post season.

Now, I can see by reading some posts here, and having been to several games that there are people around the program who have their own agendas for the kids, or at least kids they are "fans." They have no concern for the team, only what the team can do for their player. Time to take a page of the JFK play book and ask not what your team can do for you, but what you can do for your team.

You couldnt have said it any better.
Some seem to have there own agendas for one player every year. It appears this year, its hard to do because of how the team is doing so well.
The problem is parents, always has been, always will be, they even show up on this site from time to time....
bball lover Wrote:Very insightful, especially after the Lady Bears big win tonight over Clay. Awesome job Lady Bears!!!!

Thanks bball lover. Massingil is young and even the great talent scouts in the 13th have not seen her play cause she is a freshmen. But clearly she won the battle tonight. But what do I know....