Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Football Uniforms
OK since the next sport cheerleaders cheer for is football what are your opinions on what cheerleaders should wear during football season?...For example some squads wear skirts and vests but some wear shorts and football jerseys..What is your opinion?
I have very strong feelings about this! In the first place, cheer leaders should not cheer grid games, if they MUST cheer grid games, then wearing shorts and/or camp clothes in their school's colors, is a must wear. Actual scheduled season games should find them cheering in uniforms. (wearing the uniform without a body hugger or full cut "bodysuit" is fine) Wearing anything else is considered "ttfw". (i.e. cheering in camo and jersey with all sorts of bandanas etc.... well, it's just awful looking... along with pinning tails to your butt and wearing ear headbands.... Children above....) Okay... as for hair in early cheer season. Many squads prefer french braids, but that too, is considered "camp looking". Wearing the hair in some sort of style that clears it from the neck and keeps it secured from the eyes, is fine. A nice clean, crisply tied bow is a cheer standard as well.:thumpsup:
IISnakE Wrote:, cheer leaders should not cheer grid games, .:thumpsup:
Just curious,why shouldn't cheerleaders cheer grid games???
PC usaually wears thier uniforms until it starts getting cold then they have a sweater they were wit thier warm-up pants. I don't really have any opinion on what they should wear.
*-* I think cheerleaders should wear uniforms. It's okay to be fun every now and then and I know how hot it gets, but we're there to cheer on the players. I think the camp clothes can be worn to school and pep rallies.

*-* But at the football games, everyone comes out to watch. There's not just your classmates. Alumni, parents, friends, and people who just love to watch the game. They expect the girls to look like they know what they're doing. You can still show that you're having fun while wearing the uniform.

*-* The uniform shows your school colors and represents your school. What else would/should you wear while cheering on your team? Everyone should look the same, not one with braids, one hair half-up, and one with two ponytails. It just doesn't look good. That's my opinion.
Belfry wears uniforms until the weather turns cold, then they wear bodysuits, vests, warm-up pants and jackets. When it turns freezing, they wear as much as they possibly can..lol

But, they always match, including the way they wear their hair.
-Yeah, I think that when the weather gets cold you should wear warm-ups. I meant during warmer games. Towards the beginnning.

-Then again, some schools' might have problems and can't wear uniforms. Like, the ordered uniforms may not have come in yet. I think that is fine, but to wear tank tops and shorts all season, it's not something I like to see done. :Cheerlead
fox sports Wrote:Just curious,why shouldn't cheerleaders cheer grid games???

Grid games are scrimmages and do not "count" towards anything, thus there is no need for cheer leaders. Most times they aren't even played like a real game.
IISnakE Wrote:Grid games are scrimmages and do not "count" towards anything, thus there is no need for cheer leaders. Most times they aren't even played like a real game.
ok, i undertand now
There uniforms are very pretty!!!!!! they wair there warmups when it is cold outside !!!!!!!!!!:brunettec
*Central_Cheer_Chick Wrote:*-* I think cheerleaders should wear uniforms. It's okay to be fun every now and then and I know how hot it gets, but we're there to cheer on the players. I think the camp clothes can be worn to school and pep rallies.

*-* But at the football games, everyone comes out to watch. There's not just your classmates. Alumni, parents, friends, and people who just love to watch the game. They expect the girls to look like they know what they're doing. You can still show that you're having fun while wearing the uniform.

*-* The uniform shows your school colors and represents your school. What else would/should you wear while cheering on your team? Everyone should look the same, not one with braids, one hair half-up, and one with two ponytails. It just doesn't look good. That's my opinion.

i agree. You have cheerleading uniforms for a reason. to compete and cheer ballgames in. when i was in school, sometimes for games when it was very cold we would wear warm up pants, body suits, and football jerseys. these games were usually regular season and didnt count toward playoffs.
I see nothing wrong with camp clothes for any games played in August or early September. But from mid-Sept. on, uniforms should be worn. Then when the weather is just too cold for uniforms, usually in November, then warm-ups are fine. But whatever they wear, they should all match!!
Match, look good, and cheer hard!!!!
IISnakE

i.e. cheering in camo and jersey with all sorts of bandanas etc.... well, it's just awful looking...

I know the past couple of seasons the some our f-ball games the cheerleaders asked to dress in camos and jerseys because that was the theme of the school's spirit week. Most of the student section was dressed that way also. They just wanted to be a part of the school spirit. But, if camo was not the spirit theme, they MOST definately should be in uniform.:Cheerlead

I don't think they are being judged in a competition during football, so it is time to hang loose a little. We all know how demanding basketball and the competition season is.:yikes:
jchsrulz Wrote:IISnakE

i.e. cheering in camo and jersey with all sorts of bandanas etc.... well, it's just awful looking...

I know the past couple of seasons the some our f-ball games the cheerleaders asked to dress in camos and jerseys because that was the theme of the school's spirit week. Most of the student section was dressed that way also. They just wanted to be a part of the school spirit. But, if camo was not the spirit theme, they MOST definately should be in uniform.:Cheerlead

I don't think they are being judged in a competition during football, so it is time to hang loose a little. We all know how demanding basketball and the competition season is.:yikes:

I agree and good point but I assure you that SnakeII knows what their talking about when it comes to cheerleading.
There is no doubt snake knows about cheerleading. i agree with snake's opinion. I just thought that I would explain certain instances when I think it would be OK to be out of "uniform".:Thumbs:

The Blue Blur Wrote:I agree and good point but I assure you that SnakeII knows what their talking about when it comes to cheerleading.
JMO, but.....Cheer leaders should only cheer actual games, and should wear actual uniforms. If it is an actual game, you can bet the farm the football team will be in uniform and the uniforms won't be camo or anything like that.
I understand there are themes @ weddings, proms, and so forth.... but when you have a great team... THE TEAM'S THE THEME!
All that "fal-da-rall" is fine for pep rallies and so forth, but once it's gametime, go with your cleancut varsity look... you can't go wrong!

(BTW... even if your team isn't a barn burner, they're your team, they are your friends and children they bust their tails to be out there and deserve the support of a GREAT TEAM... ) Let the fans "do it up" and let the cheer leaders, lead cheers. If they're gonna fund raise to have all these uniforms, wear 'em.
Last year at the Apple Bowl I damned near died when our girls did the ears and tails with shorts and tees.... and no uniform.... Honestly, I didn't want my daughter to cheer and actually contemplated a doctor's excuse.... it was beyond bad. I also wanted to die @ the District Tournament when I walked in and saw what our cheerleaders were wearing... I asked my daughter as she was leaving if they were changing and when she said "no"... & rolled her eyes, with her "please don't go off on me it's the coach" look.... I wanted to be sick. This is a squad who has like 6 or 7 complete new uniforms(granted some are just ugly, but there's no accounting for taste) but new, none the less and it was a District Tournament game.................. Big Events call for Good Looking Uniforms they don't even have to be brand new, just clean and well kept. I wasn't trying to "dis" anyone, just making a point. When you go to a game and you see the cheer leaders all decked out in their "cheer uniforms" it makes the point that this is an "event" and uniforms are required.
I agree. Very nice post Snake!
District games, yes. All varsity games, yes. I agree with you. I was just saying that sometimes, during football when there are no competitions, that one night it would be great to let your hair down and have fun. We must remember, we are talking about high school students. Basketball is another thing. You are getting preped for competitions, you should wear uniforms. I hate the night after they have been judged when they wear jerseys. It is disgraceful to pick up the cheerleading trophies that they won in old jerseys.

JMO though.:blondeche
Well... I totally see what you're saying. Respectfully though, I believe if you're gonna take the field or floor @ an official game, then you should do your team and your school the courtesy of wearing the appropriate attire. It isn't like the players get to "let their hair down" and wear something altogether different.

Specially designated days at school, bon fires, and other types of spirit assemblies are wonderful opportunities to let it fly.

Seeing the cheer leaders out there in great looking uniforms is just another reason why I used to love going to games. Good Luck to all cheer leaders in the upcoming football season!:Thumbs:
IISnakE Wrote:Well... I totally see what you're saying. Respectfully though, I believe if you're gonna take the field or floor @ an official game, then you should do your team and your school the courtesy of wearing the appropriate attire. It isn't like the players get to "let their hair down" and wear something altogether different.

Specially designated days at school, bon fires, and other types of spirit assemblies are wonderful opportunities to let it fly.

Seeing the cheer leaders out there in great looking uniforms is just another reason why I used to love going to games. Good Luck to all cheer leaders in the upcoming football season!:Thumbs:

:thumpsup:
I agree, uniforms should be the attire for all games, but if they all match and look neat. I don't think it should matter.

I have a bone to pick though , kinda off the thread,,,,,,,,where are all these football and basketball players at when our girls take the floor for competition, I don't think the cheerleaders would care what the team wore if they would actually show up and support them!TongueirateSho
I've sen a few players show.... usually they say it's "too early" for them, but now most competitions begin at a time that takes care of that one...LOL... you know... a cheer leader will work their tail off for a kind word or even a thank you..... imagine their efforts for a group who actually supported them!
the thing about wearing uniforms is that it makes you look like you are there to do your job, cheer on your team. Wearing anything else makes you look like your there to goof around. It isnt appropriate.