Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
State Tennis Tourney Predictions!
Now that the State Tourney draws are out, does anyone have any predictions as to how our 15th Regions players will do?
The game gets tougher!!!!
No doubt about that!!

Do you think anyone from the 15th will survive the 1st round?
nathan martin has a chance for a round or two
I think he has a decent chance to get to the second round, but after that he will have to play real well. I guess we'll know after tomorrow morning.
Not any big surprises, but the 15th Region didn't do as well as I'd hoped. In fact, no one player or doubles team managed to win from the 15th in either boys or girls. But we can always hope for next year and give all of the players a pat on the back for their effort and honor in going to state.

As for Nathan, who we had hoped would make it another round, he lost 6-3 6-3. I personallly think he could have won, but he just didn't have his best game. But his opponent was a good player too. The competition level is just better at this point. Nathan has many years to go so he should have a bright future!
CONGRATS TO AMELIA WATKINS and AMY COLDIRON of MAGOFFIN COUNTY! While they didn't get the win in the first round girl's doubles at the State Tourney, they do have the distinction of being the only player or team from the 15th Region to win a set at the State Tourney, and they had a good shot of winning the match. Hopefully next year will be even better.
I am proud of our 15th region players!!!!

There is a lot of pressure when you get to the State Tournament. Everyone got some good experience!! Keep your chins up and work hard this summer. We have a lot of young players in our region that will get another chance.

I've always said support your Region, that only makes us stronger. It was great to see the 15th region players and families supporting each other. Everywhere I looked someone from our Region was watching someone else play!! There must have been 150 people at UK's Center Court during Nathan Martin's match with 50 fans from our area and Region cheering for him. Now that is pressure for Freshman from Eastern Kentucky, but that is what it's all about!!!

Although Nathan fell short of expectations, he played very well. He made a few mental errors, but it is amazing that he played as well as he did, considering his grandmother was ill and had major surgery in Louisville Wednesday night. Staying focused on tennis had to be a challange for Nathan and everyone around him. I would say thats a testamony to his character!!! He has a few more years left and I'm sure he will work hard during the off season, to represent the 15th Region.
Haha thankz Alot!!! Me and My doubles Partner Amy Coldiron won the first set 6-1 lost the second and third 3-6 5-7 in the third set we was up 5-4 and was 2 points away from winning it!! Sad
Exactly, so what happened?? Confusedhh: No really, you all done well!! Congrats and good luck next year!!
:Clap: