Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Heisman Trophy Winner
ekff Wrote:That statement is a big plus for Manti..... Manti's team only scored 35 TD's and they still went 12-0.... Because he plays DEF...

Manti made the plays for his team to go 12-0.... 3 goal line stands.... Johnny Manziel played bad in two games and his team lost those games....

Its the best player all year.... and that is Manti.....

So, Te'o hasn't played a couple of under-par games this whole season? If he did, looks like his team persevered to victory without him. Manziel playing poorly in those two games obviously shows that he is the driving force that brings the Aggies to victory, making him the better player (if you want to go that route).

We know you love your team, but when you dispute everything that isn't in Notre Dame's favor, it gets old.

I hate to see what you will say if Alabama puts it on 'em next month. :eyeroll:
MiddlesboroAlumni Wrote:So, Te'o hasn't played a couple of under-par games this whole season? If he did, looks like his team persevered to victory without him. Manziel playing poorly in those two games obviously shows that he is the driving force that brings the Aggies to victory, making him the better player (if you want to go that route).

We know you love your team, but when you dispute everything that isn't in Notre Dame's favor, it gets old.

I hate to see what you will say if Alabama puts it on 'em next month. :eyeroll:

I watched every minute of ever Notre Dame game and Manti was the best player on the field every play...

LOL You dumb fans..... Stupid haters..... I don't care if Notre Dame loses to Bama or not... Manti put his team in the position to play for the National Championship and Manziel didn't....
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
ekff Wrote:I watched every minute of ever Notre Dame game and Manti was the best player on the field every play...

LOL You dumb fans..... Stupid haters..... I don't care if Notre Dame loses to Bama or not... Manti put his team in the position to play for the National Championship and Manziel didn't....

No manti didn't.

Johnny is 10000x more important to his team than manti.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:No manti didn't.

Johnny is 10000x more important to his team than manti.

Maybe... But Manziel didn't get it done the whole season... Manti did, he made every play his team needed to win ball games...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
ekff Wrote:I watched every minute of ever Notre Dame game and Manti was the best player on the field every play...

Us "dumb fans"? I won't speak for anyone else, but I am a "fan" of neither school nor give two craps about either team.

I understand that you're tore all to pieces, but I'm not sure what you expect. You're posting on a message board that is dominated by UK fans. Did you really think you could post a bunch of junk about Notre Dame and people wouldn't respond with posts that you don't like?

All this "Irish Week" stuff is something that no one on here cares about. Thus, you are just asking for negative attention. I think that's just what you want.

Are we really the "dumb" one's here? Confusedhh:
MiddlesboroAlumni Wrote:Us "dumb fans"? I won't speak for anyone else, but I am a "fan" of neither school nor give two craps about either team.

I understand that you're tore all to pieces, but I'm not sure what you expect. You're posting on a message board that is dominated by UK fans. Did you really think you could post a bunch of junk about Notre Dame and people wouldn't respond with posts that you don't like?

All this "Irish Week" stuff is something that no one on here cares about. Thus, you are just asking for negative attention. I think that's just what you want.

Are we really the "dumb" one's here? Confusedhh:

YES!!! I love it baby..... Irish Month now buddy!!!!!

you all aren't UK fans, you all are SEC fans... But oh if UK basketball starts winning again it will turn back into Big Blue Nation and not Big Bama Nation.... You all hate on Notre Dame for no reason, your reasons are weak...

But u are right u all are suppose to be UK fans so what gives u all the right to talk shit about a football team that is 12-0 when UK was 2-10... Thats being dumb
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
ekff Wrote:YES!!! I love it baby..... Irish Month now buddy!!!!!

you all aren't UK fans, you all are SEC fans... But oh if UK basketball starts winning again it will turn back into Big Blue Nation and not Big Bama Nation.... You all hate on Notre Dame for no reason, your reasons are weak...

You consider anything against Notre Dame "hating" and automatically "fans" of another team.

I'm just telling it how it is, sonny. Some may be SEC biased, but I am not. I am realistic.

You crack me up, ekff. You really do. Quit getting so jacked up. Calm down.
MiddlesboroAlumni Wrote:You consider anything against Notre Dame "hating" and automatically "fans" of another team.

I'm just telling it how it is, sonny. Some may be SEC biased, but I am not. I am realistic.

You crack me up, ekff. You really do. Quit getting so jacked up. Calm down.

LOL don't take it personally... LOL all in fun dude....

BUT... I am fired up... I have waited so long to be able to talk shit back when people dog my Irish... I have took so much over the years and for once I have a reason to talk back.... So i am going to.... You should see me in person when I start talking about it... My friends get me going daily now..
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Here's what people are missing about defensive stats

1. Tackles 150 tackles are great, but it's misleading when 100 of those are on gains of 7+ yards.
2. QB hurries and tipped passes, the 2 most under-rated defensive stats in football.
3. Interceptions and fumble recoveries are turnovers, one is not better than the other
4. Assisted tackles are better than single tackles, it usually means your defense is playing as a team.
5. Good offenses adjust by staying away from the play maker on defense
6. Stats are for offenses
ekff Wrote:YES!!! I love it baby..... Irish Month now buddy!!!!!

But u are right u all are suppose to be UK fans so what gives u all the right to talk shit about a football team that is 12-0 when UK was 2-10... Thats being dumb

Being a fan of college football gives one the right to express their opinion about a team.

Calling out a 2-10 football team is a pretty pathetic way to go. You really don't have much left to say, do you?

The funny thing about your arguments are that you give no credit to anything non-related to Notre Dame. I have gave Notre Dame their fair share of credit because they do deserve plenty of credit. There are other good teams out there, ekff. You may not realize it, but it's true.
toussaints Wrote:Here's what people are missing about defensive stats

1. Tackles 150 tackles are great, but it's misleading when 100 of those are on gains of 7+ yards.
2. QB hurries and tipped passes, the 2 most under-rated defensive stats in football.
3. Interceptions and fumble recoveries are turnovers, one is not better than the other
4. Assisted tackles are better than single tackles, it usually means your defense is playing as a team.
5. Good offenses adjust by staying away from the play maker on defense
6. Stats are for offenses

Heisman is not a team award... Here's a big stat.... Manti only missed 2 tackles all season... Thats great......
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
ekff Wrote:LOL don't take it personally... LOL all in fun dude....

BUT... I am fired up... I have waited so long to be able to talk shit back when people dog my Irish... I have took so much over the years and for once I have a reason to talk back.... So i am going to.... You should see me in person when I start talking about it... My friends get me going daily now..

I understand that. All I am saying is that I believe you have failed to give credit where it is due (Ex: Manziel).
MiddlesboroAlumni Wrote:Being a fan of college football gives one the right to express their opinion about a team.

Calling out a 2-10 football team is a pretty pathetic way to go. You really don't have much left to say, do you?

The funny thing about your arguments are that you give no credit to anything non-related to Notre Dame. I have gave Notre Dame their fair share of credit because they do deserve plenty of credit. There are other good teams out there, ekff. You may not realize it, but it's true.

I have gave Bama credit... I said all year Bama is #1 team in the nation... When a team is 2-10 and their fans come at me daily and my team is 12-0, yes it is dumb and i will come back at them with What has your team done?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
ekff Wrote:Heisman is not a team award... Here's a big stat.... Manti only missed 2 tackles all season... Thats great......

Where did that stat come from?
ekff Wrote:I have gave Bama credit... I said all year Bama is #1 team in the nation... When a team is 2-10 and their fans come at me daily and my team is 12-0, yes it is dumb and i will come back at them with What has your team done?

I am not boasting my team's record nor am I coming at you.

I am just calling out your biased posts.
ekff Wrote:LOL don't take it personally... LOL all in fun dude....

PLz read this again
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
But back to the topic of this thread....

I stated that I don't think Manziel is the best player in the nation just like many people stated they don't think Notre Dame is a top 2 team in the nation....

But... Manziel has the heisman and Notre Dame is playing for the National Championship
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
^ Fair enough.

We'll just see what happens.

I'd still like for someone to prove that Te'o only missed two tackles this season, but hey, I've had enough.
Jack Lambert Wrote:No disrespect to Johnny football,he's a great player,but college football is going to hell when a freshman wins the Heisman trophy.i think this award should be won as much for a career,and what bearing you had on your teams season.than gauddy statistics piled up against a weak schedule. A&M played 6 or 7 teams that were weak at best .One game won him the Heisman, the win over Bama.A&M'S defense had as much to do with that game as Manziel did.if A&M was playing for the national title i might agree with the results,but they are not they finished with 2 losses,and not in the championship picture.next thing you know we'll have a player winning it with his team having 4 or 5 losses.IMO freshman,and sophmores shouldn't even be considered for the Heisman.

This should be nominated for worst post of the year.

That is absurd. The only reason your pissed is because your notre lame linebacker didnt win. Its that simple. Had Teo won and he was a frosh you would be saying how great he was and how you all had the first frosh to win it, etc.

THIS is the biggest reason i hate notre lame and there fans.
After all these years of ass beatings you still believe your the best.
You are not, and never will be again. That will be proven in January.
MiddlesboroAlumni Wrote:^ Fair enough.

We'll just see what happens.

I'd still like for someone to prove that Te'o only missed two tackles this season, but hey, I've had enough.

Watch any game film of ND this year and im sure he would have missed more than that in every single game.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Watch any game film of ND this year and im sure he would have missed more than that in every single game.

They said it last night at the Heisman show... I didn't make it up...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:This should be nominated for worst post of the year.

That is absurd. The only reason your pissed is because your notre lame linebacker didnt win. Its that simple. Had Teo won and he was a frosh you would be saying how great he was and how you all had the first frosh to win it, etc.

But HEY JACK!!! They will be playing in Jan... Where will ur team be?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
MiddlesboroAlumni Wrote:I'd still like for someone to prove that Te'o only missed two tackles this season, but hey, I've had enough.

I think ESPN said that at the Heisman presentation, when they showed Te'o highlights.
ekff Wrote:But HEY JACK!!! They will be playing in Jan... Where will ur team be?

Watching your over glorified team get destroyed .
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:This should be nominated for worst post of the year.

Get over yourself you're a stinkin Ravens fan,i gave my opinion about the Heisman,and i don't have to defend it to you or anybody.Manziel won the award because of the Bama game if A&M had lost we wouldn't be having this conversation.one game shouldn't win any player the most coveted award in college football.in closing i've read some pretty lame posts of yours this year to.you're just jelous because your teams not playing for the national title.
ekff Wrote:But HEY JACK!!! They will be playing in Jan... Where will ur team be?

:biglmao:

Watching like the rest of us....and laughing.

Typical response "you only cheer for the SEC because you suck"

Wow, how original.
Jack Lambert Wrote:Get over yourself you're a stinkin Ravens fan,i gave my opinion about the Heisman,and i don't have to defend it to you or anybody.Manziel won the award because of the Bama game if A&M had lost we wouldn't be having this conversation.one game shouldn't win any player the most coveted award in college football.in closing i've read some pretty lame posts of yours this year to.you're just jelous because your teams not playing for the national title.

If any UK fan ever thinks they will be playing for a title, they will always be dissapointed, im fine with myself knowing that UK football sucks, but you ND fans will always fail to admit that.

I dont recall anyone posting ND scores on here or bragging about how good they are for the last 25 years until now.
Fact is, if you had a frosh QB win it over Bamas QB, you'd be saying the exact opposite whether you will admit or not.

And stinking Ravens fan? Who won the division last year? And who will win it this year?

:eyeroll:
Manti Te'o quote:

" No. I think when my name is being tossed around as a national champion, that's what I'm looking for. You ask any Heisman winner that wasn't a national champion what they would rather be, and I think they would rather be the latter, a national champion.

So that's what I want. I'd rather be holding a crystal ball than a bronze statue. That's just me."

So who cares about him winning the Heisman, when it doesn't even bother him at all.