Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UK pays $550,000 for Home Football Game
As reported in todays Lexington's Herald Leader
UK agreed to pay $550,000 its highest guarantee ever to get Louisiana-Monroe to fill a home November open date.

I didn't know UK has so much money to throw around!!
Thats a good chunk of change but when you realize how much they make from a home game that's still a good deal. UK football averages 55,000 plus each game and I'm sure the ticket price is at least an average of $20 so with tickets alone that's a $550,000 net gain not counting anything else from sales and parking at the games. And any radio and TV money.

I would say one heck of a deal.
Yeah, They thought they bought a win also when they scheduled Ohio...
CatDawg Wrote:Thats a good chunk of change but when you realize how much they make from a home game that's still a good deal. UK football averages 55,000 plus each game and I'm sure the ticket price is at least an average of $20 so with tickets alone that's a $550,000 net gain not counting anything else from sales and parking at the games. And any radio and TV money.

CD, I don't agree with you on this one I think it's way to much to pay. I think its a huge gamble if the weather cooperates and UK has a winning season it could be a sellout, but if UK is struggling when this game rolls around in November there could be a lot of empty seats for this one. The athletic department could lose a lot of money. If it was a higher profile school than Louisiana-Monroe I might feel better about it.
From what I've heard they didn't have many options due to this being a late schedule. And if they've averaged over 55,000 per game over the past few years I'm sure they will with this one.
Can they beat this team???
Yeah They should !!!
Old School Wrote:CD, I don't agree with you on this one I think it's way to much to pay. I think its a huge gamble if the weather cooperates and UK has a winning season it could be a sellout, but if UK is struggling when this game rolls around in November there could be a lot of empty seats for this one. The athletic department could lose a lot of money. If it was a higher profile school than Louisiana-Monroe I might feel better about it.

UK hasn't had a winning season in years and yet they sell out overy home game.

Good move by the 'Cats. Don't be misguided by the big $550k figure thrown out there by the Lexington-Herald. Thats not a lot of money in big-time college sports. It is to you and I, but I believe that if there were anychance of not gaining profit the deal would not have been made.
This is a game that will put UK in the Music City Bowl against a Big East team !
UK announces yesterday that to cut cost in the athletic department that they will lay-off three employees.
Old School Wrote:As reported in todays Lexington's Herald Leader
UK agreed to pay $550,000 its highest guarantee ever to get Louisiana-Monroe to fill a home November open date.

I didn't know UK has so much money to throw around!!
UK, and ALL high profile NCAA football and BBall team BUY games.
This is not out of the ordinary and not a higher amount than typical.
Avg ticket price i $30
avg attendance 50k= $1,500,000
makes economic sense
CatDawg Wrote:Thats a good chunk of change but when you realize how much they make from a home game that's still a good deal. UK football averages 55,000 plus each game and I'm sure the ticket price is at least an average of $20 so with tickets alone that's a $550,000 net gain not counting anything else from sales and parking at the games. And any radio and TV money.

:thumpsup:
Twitter: @tc_analytics