•  Previous
  • 32(current)
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kentucky Recruits
Rumblings are that Kentucky is still looking to the JUCO ranks for possible help at the WR position in t[SIZE=2]he 2013.

UK has looked at multiple guys but Jared Dangerfield is one of the prime targets. He's a 6-foot-3, 200-pound receiver from Fort Scott C.C. in Kansas, and he's a 4.5 in the 40 guy.

Neal Brown had been recruiting him when he was at Texas Tech so there is some familiarity there. Dangerfield is going to wait until May when some other schools will come in to check him out as he did not sign in February.

Dangerfield [SIZE=2]has offers from Baylor, FAU, Iowa State, Lo[SIZE=2]uisiana[SIZE=2] Tech[SIZE=2], Middle Tennessee State, Northern Illinois, & South Alabama. He al[SIZE=2]so has interest[SIZE=2] from A[SIZE=2]rizona State, Indiana, Ole Miss, Mississippi State[SIZE=2], Missouri, Oklahoma State, & USF.

[/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE]http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/re...eld-140817
Kentucky eyes WR Dangerfield as 2013 addition

Justin Rowland
Special to CatsIllustrated.com

Signing Day is two months behind us but Kentucky didn't fill all of their spots and that has given the Wildcats the freedom to continue to evaluate a few potential late additions.

Wide receiver is one position where Kentucky has had their struggles in the spring and the Cats are putting out feelers to junior college wide receivers in the hopes of finding a good fit.

Jared Dangerfield is a 6-foot-3, 200-pound receiver currently at Fort Scott C.C. in Kansas and he's one of the receivers the Cats are taking a serious look at. Dangerfield runs the 40-yard dash in 4.5 seconds and while he didn't sign with any school in February he had offers from Baylor, Iowa State, Middle Tennessee, South Alabama, FAU, Louisiana Tech and Northern Illinois.

As a high school senior at Royal Palm Beach (Fla.) in the Class of 2010, Dangerfield was a 6-foot-3, 172-pound prospect that had drawn interest from UCF and others.

Kentucky's coaches knew about Dangerfield before they were even in Lexington.

"I didn't sign yet," Dangerfield said in a recent interview. "I'm waiting 'til May. I still have a few schools wanting me and more schools are coming in the picture now. More will come out this spring.

"Kentucky is one of them. I talked to them the other day and they're very interested and looking for a receiver. (Neal Brown) loves my film and he needs a big play wide receiver like me. He was recruiting me when he was at Texas Tech."

Brown is one of the main reasons Dangerfield would take an offer from Kentucky very seriously.

"I feel he is an excellent coach. I love their offense. I can see myself in their offense and playing for coach Brown and coach (Tommy) Mainord," he said.

Dangerfield took an official visit to Louisiana Tech before Signing Day but has four official visits remaining.

Kentucky, East Carolina, FAU, Middle Tennessee and South Alabama are the schools showing the most interest right now.

"Middle Tennessee was (the favorite) but that's before Kentucky and ECU got into the picture," he said. I was pretty close to (committing) with Middle Tennessee but my recruiting is still open."

http://kentucky.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1493870
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
Recent word from Spring Practice, is the LB position is lacking for the lack of a better word. UK's staff has basically came out & openly said that but also are looking over the JUCO leftovers for one.
Guys,the corner out of junior colege in Arizona ,I think his name is Nate Willis, any news on if he will be a wildcat,with the classes he needed,or whatever. Cant wait till saturday GO BIG BLUE.,
rc58 Wrote:Guys,the corner out of junior colege in Arizona ,I think his name is Nate Willis, any news on if he will be a wildcat,with the classes he needed,or whatever. Cant wait till saturday GO BIG BLUE.,

As far as I know, he's a go & his situation has been addressed as it was misunderstanding as well as miscommunication. I have not heard any other information since it first arose as being a problem.
Badet hoping to make early impact for Wildcats

Justin Rowland
Special to CatsIllustrated.com

Jeff Badet is one of Kentucky's most explosive receiver signees in recent history and the Orlando (Fla.) Freedom prospect will be called upon to make an early impact.

That's due in part to Badet's ability but also to Kentucky's depth chart woes at the position.

Badet told Cats Illustrated this week that he's currently listing at 6-foot and 168 pounds.

"I want to try to get up to 175 during the summer and then I want to be at 180 during the season," Badet said. "I think it's a high possibility that I could come in and play soon."

UK assistant coach Chad Scott was Badet's primary recruiter and he's the coach that has stayed in the closest contact with him since he signed.

"We talk all the time," he said. "We're real close. We've been texting here and there and we talk from time to time. I talk to coach (Tommy) Mainord too and he sees how I'm doing to make sure I'm running and getting stronger."

While Badet has continued to work out and prepare for the future just as he was throughout his high school career, life is different. The recruiting process is behind him and now he's preparing to be just another college football player working to get on the field.

"To be honest (the recruiting process) was a real good experience. At times I miss it. At times I don't," he said. "I'm real close with JoJo (Kemp). That's going to be my roomate. Then I know Blake McClain and Nate Willis. Alex Montgomery, I've talked to him a couple of times. Jaleel (Hytchye), the corner, I've talked to him too."

The former three-star prospect heads up to Kentucky on June 3. He can't move into his dorm room until June 4. Badet has to go through a physical exam and once that is complete he will start classes on June 6. Those classes will last eight weeks during the summer and during that time he will be working out with his future teammates.

http://kentucky.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1510039
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Hearing that Alvonte Bell & Justin Day are heading to the JUCO ranks.
The Blue Blur Wrote:Hearing that Alvonte Bell & Justin Day are heading to the JUCO ranks.

I hadn't heard anything about Alvonte Bell. Justin Day is already a done deal. He is going to Georgia Military JC but, still plans on coming to Kentucky when he is done there.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LeeCoUKFan Wrote:I hadn't heard anything about Alvonte Bell. Justin Day is already a done deal. He is going to Georgia Military JC but, still plans on coming to Kentucky when he is done there.

From what I've heard Bell was worse off & never had a shot. Like worse than James Hearns.
The Blue Blur Wrote:From what I've heard Bell was worse off & never had a shot. Like worse than James Hearns.

Oh WOW! That is bad! Let's hope that he is able to straighten up his act in JC.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LeeCoUKFan Wrote:Oh WOW! That is bad! Let's hope that he is able to straighten up his act in JC.

BTW if you hadn't heard about Hearns, he qualified & is at Louisville. Kind of a wiff there by Stoops. We took two of Joker's guys that didn't qualify, but wouldn't touch Hearns when they thought he couldn't. He did & goes to one of our rivals, not to mention he's a great backer. Which is a position we really lack depth.

To elaborate even further, it looks like the two scholarships of Day & Bell have went to the Davis twins for this year, it was originally reported they would be walk-on status this season.
The Blue Blur Wrote:BTW if you hadn't heard about Hearns, he qualified & is at Louisville. Kind of a wiff there by Stoops. We took two of Joker's guys that didn't qualify, but wouldn't touch Hearns when they thought he couldn't. He did & goes to one of our rivals, not to mention he's a great backer. Which is a position we really lack depth.

To elaborate even further, it looks like the two scholarships of Day & Bell have went to the Davis twins for this year, it was originally reported they would be walk-on status this season.

Yeah, I knew that he had gone to Lousiville but, I never really understood why Kentucky backed off of him like that. I would have thought that they would have tried to keep him until it was basically too late. Similar to what Tennessee did with Jabo Lee.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  •  Previous
  • 32(current)