Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Barry Bonds just tied Babe Ruth with his 714th career homerun against the A's.
Pupaw Wrote:Barry Bonds just tied Babe Ruth with his 714th career homerun against the A's.

I guess he got tired of waiting and started taking two shots of roids before each at bat
QB Challenge Champion, Just Pitching Champion, Midi Golf Champion- My Greatest Accomplishments in Life
congrats barry !
To bad he didn't hurt his knee to the point of ending his playing days before doing so. Maybe he won't get to pass Ruth or Aaron anyway.
Congrats to Bonds
Congrats....
I don't like Bonds, never have, but the steriod crap has got to end. Steriods doesn't make you hit homeruns, it doesn't help your hand-eye coordination, doesn't make your hands any quicker. If anything steriods would hurt more than help because it tightens your muscles, joints and legiments. Anyone who knows baseball knows that it doesn't matter how big or stong you are to have power. Pikeville College's first basemen is about 6-2 and goes no more than 175 pounds and couldn't bench press 185 pounds on time and he can KILL the ball. His hands are just so quick that when he connects with the ball he strokes it. I watched him hit a homerun in dead center field (385-390 to the wall) at Pikeville High School and the ball landed one row infront of the football press box. Anyone who knows that field and where that press box sits they know how deep of a shot that is. It doesn't matter if you are on steriods or how strong you are.
I agree 100% !
Congrats 714 is 714 no matter what. As long as he don't break Aarons record.
PC_U_KNOW_98 Wrote:I don't like Bonds, never have, but the steriod crap has got to end. Steriods doesn't make you hit homeruns, it doesn't help your hand-eye coordination, doesn't make your hands any quicker. If anything steriods would hurt more than help because it tightens your muscles, joints and legiments. Anyone who knows baseball knows that it doesn't matter how big or stong you are to have power. Pikeville College's first basemen is about 6-2 and goes no more than 175 pounds and couldn't bench press 185 pounds on time and he can KILL the ball. His hands are just so quick that when he connects with the ball he strokes it. I watched him hit a homerun in dead center field (385-390 to the wall) at Pikeville High School and the ball landed one row infront of the football press box. Anyone who knows that field and where that press box sits they know how deep of a shot that is. It doesn't matter if you are on steriods or how strong you are.

Smile
PC_U_KNOW_98 Wrote:I don't like Bonds, never have, but the steriod crap has got to end. Steriods doesn't make you hit homeruns, it doesn't help your hand-eye coordination, doesn't make your hands any quicker. If anything steriods would hurt more than help because it tightens your muscles, joints and legiments. Anyone who knows baseball knows that it doesn't matter how big or stong you are to have power. Pikeville College's first basemen is about 6-2 and goes no more than 175 pounds and couldn't bench press 185 pounds on time and he can KILL the ball. His hands are just so quick that when he connects with the ball he strokes it. I watched him hit a homerun in dead center field (385-390 to the wall) at Pikeville High School and the ball landed one row infront of the football press box. Anyone who knows that field and where that press box sits they know how deep of a shot that is. It doesn't matter if you are on steriods or how strong you are.

So, you believe that if Bonds was still as skinny as he was before all the roid talk started, he'd still have this many homers???
QB Challenge Champion, Just Pitching Champion, Midi Golf Champion- My Greatest Accomplishments in Life
BFritz Wrote:So, you believe that if Bonds was still as skinny as he was before all the roid talk started, he'd still have this many homers???

It's possible.
PC_U_KNOW_98 Wrote:It's possible.

99.45% unlikely, especially with Game of Shadows saying how he started to see results in his strength and how far he could hit the ball when he started taking all that shit and started having the cream and clear put on him

Yes hand-eye coordination is a huge part of it, but when you're 40 years old and begin to hit homeruns farther than you ever have in your career and hit 73 in a season something is definatly wrong. That's common sense. And to say steriod would hurt more is a joke. That's why Jose Canseco put up his huge numbers while on steriods and why Ken Caminiti won the MVP Award in 1996 while taking steriods right? And yeah people can still hit homeruns while not taking steriods, but a lot more while on them. People can hit homers not on them, because people do it all the time in MLB, but let's be real for a minute. Being on steriods and being strong DOES matter. Let's take a look here. Sammy Sosa, Mark Mcguire, Bonds, Pujols, Thome, Ortiz, Manny Ramirez...All big and strong, and always hit more homers than everybody else with the exception of a few guys like Griffey in his prime, who was simply one of the most amazing batters of all time.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
alfus21 Wrote:Yes hand-eye coordination is a huge part of it, but when you're 40 years old and begin to hit homeruns farther than you ever have in your career and hit 73 in a season something is definatly wrong. That's common sense. And to say steriod would hurt more is a joke. That's why Jose Canseco put up his huge numbers while on steriods and why Ken Caminiti won the MVP Award in 1996 while taking steriods right? And yeah people can still hit homeruns while not taking steriods, but a lot more while on them. People can hit homers not on them, because people do it all the time in MLB, but let's be real for a minute. Being on steriods and being strong DOES matter. Let's take a look here. Sammy Sosa, Mark Mcguire, Bonds, Pujols, Thome, Ortiz, Manny Ramirez...All big and strong, and always hit more homers than everybody else with the exception of a few guys like Griffey in his prime, who was simply one of the most amazing batters of all time.

I was reading it and thinking about how Griffey was/is so good and has never been accused of being on roids, and then you said it. That's why you gotta love and respect the guy
This sucks... I don't like Bonds... but anyways congrats to him
I've said the same about Griffey in the past.
i hope he gets kicked out of the hall of fames. i hate bonds