•  Previous
  • 9(current)
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Harlan County 2013
^
I would have to agree 100% with you on this..
Didn't HC & Knox play in the grid in 2010 @ Knox with Knox winning during the Grid and enjoyed it a little to much and then play HC in the regular season and HC took that one?
bigguy989 Wrote:Didn't HC & Knox play in the grid in 2010 @ Knox with Knox winning during the Grid and enjoyed it a little to much and then play HC in the regular season and HC took that one?

Harlan and KC did play in the Grid in 2010 with KC winning but they did not play in the reg season until 2011 with HC winning and KC won in 2012
where did you get this schedule
HDE Wrote:SEKC Gridorama schedule
Aug. 15

at Harlan County

6:30 — Harlan vs Lynn Camp

8:00 — Knox Central at Harlan County

Aug. 15

at Clay County

Bell County at Clay County

Aug. 16

at Middlesboro

6:30 — Pineville vs Williamsburg

8:00 — Corbin at Middlesboro

Where did you get this schedule
bigguy989 Wrote:With the slew of running backs coming back for HC just dont see that Middleton type that can handle a pounding like that kid did maybe Massey he has the body and can move also. Long, Chitwood and Wilson can break it anytime. I really believe that we passed a little more than usual down the stretch and with more time to work with it I think they have alot of options and it will be a fun season to watch.

If i know Coach Larkey, I believe the 145 pound tailback (Long) must be a tuff kid!!! If you recall his state runner up teams at Rock, he had a running back Named Marty Reagon that is still in khsaa record books and was 145-150 pounds with pads on! You have to be tuff to run in Larkeys power I!! As far as balance goes, his best years being balanced at Rock was with his son Chris having a big hand in the offensive calls.
I think HC and Knox agreed to play in the grid before Knox decided to play in the regular season.
Yeah, that's it.
The gridorama was scheduled before Knox agreed to play.

The schedule came from Harlan County Sports.com
What day and what time is this scrimmage? Sorry if someone has already posted this.
It was just posted. Look up.
Has anyone heard anything about the Gridorama being moved to the 16th?
Just wanted to share this article that was in The Harlan Daily Enterprise about the Black Bears..

Black Bears working toward season
by John Middleton
Sports Editor

With the bulk of last season’s regional championship squad returning Harlan County began summer practice as a favorite in 5A. Since then, the HCHS coaching staff has been working to mold the current group of Black Bears into a team capable of capturing more hardware in 2013.

Harlan County returns eight starters on the offensive side of the ball and six on defense, and coach Tom Larkey said his current team could be the most talented he has coached.

“This is probably the best shape team I have had. We have a lot talent and kids that can play. We just have to put them in the right spots,” he said.

However, Larkey added that talent won’t necessarily translate to wins on Friday night.

‘They are talented, but it depends on what they want to do and how hard they work,” he said. “We have some that have to learn to be coachable and play as a team. I don’t care how much talent you have got — if you don’t work hard and be committed it doesn’t mean a lot. It’s the little things that this team has to work on. Some of them don’t have anythying to do with football.”

The Harlan County offensive line has led the way by doing the “little things” this summer. The unit returns four starters from last season and should be among the best in southeastern Kentucky.

“What impresses me the most is our linemen. They have a great attitude and work ethic. There is a lot of experience and Carson Whitehead is back there as a blocking back,” Larkey said. “We just have to get some other people to have a little more of that attitude.”

Improving the mental side of his football team is Larkey’s primary concern.

“We have to work harder at some things and improve our attitude at times, but other than that things are normal,” he said. “I know everyone expects us to have a good year, but it will depend on how hard kids want it. You cant just walk out there on Friday nights and expect to win — you have to work as a team.”

Harlan County will begin the season Aug. 15 at home in the Southeastern Kentucky Conference Gridorama against Knox Central at 6:30 p.m. The Black Bears will open the regular season on Aug. 24 at Madison Central in the Roy Kidd Bowl.
One week from tonight the Black Bears take the field with Knox Central. I am so excited to get the ball rolling! BUT, I don't think we will see much from either team. I am betting both teams will play younger kids to get some game time work, because they play in the regular season.
That's what everybody is saying! I would never hold back one thing!! I would make a horrible football coach!

Wink
I know the panthers aren't going to show much at all, they are going to use it as a chance to get a feel for the turf on that new field.
How many more times can you mention "coach able" and "attitude" in that article?
PaytoPlay Wrote:How many more times can you mention "coach able" and "attitude" in that article?

HAHA Though that article is the epitome of "Coach Speak" and cliche...as Belfry fans we have absolutely no room to critique considering the fact every pre-season interview Coach Haywood had done over the past 25 years I think has been the exact same.

"We lost some good players last year but we have the potential to be a pretty good team. We are just going to try to improve a little each week."
^
I wouldn't knock it to much it seems to work pretty dang good. And if you think about a lot if it is true, if every team would improve a little each week how good would they be???
It may be same ole speach but Haywood gets the job done. Like him or hate him.
Harlan County faces a challenging schedule in 2013

HARLAN COUNTY, Ky. (WYMT) -- One win away from going to the class 5-A State Championship game, the Harlan County Black Bears are coming off an 11-3 season that ended with a loss to Cooper in the semifinals.

However, heading into the 2013 season, Harlan, once again, is showing they are not afraid to schedule any team. They will play Knox Central -- a team that beat them last season -- and Belfry, as well as travel to Tennessee before district play even starts. This will be a test to prepare them to make it to the carpet in Bowling Green.

"We got a tough district to play in," quarterback Scotty Bailey said. "Just the teams we play; we play teams out of Lexington and Tennessee and stuff, and having them, going on the road games like that, I think it builds a lot of character for us."

"Playing on the road and getting used to that, where we held it last year, I think we play on the road this year to make it past the Cooper game like last year. I think scheduling those good teams away will be a good challenge for us."

http://www.wkyt.com/wymt/sports/sportsov...16221.html
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
  •  Previous
  • 9(current)