•  Previous
  • 9(current)
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2013 Bell County Bobcats
2013 WYMT Pigskin Preview: No. 8 Bell County Bobcats

BELL COUNTY, Ky (WYMT) - The Bell County Bobcats have sat a top their district as the dominant number one for the past 6 seasons. With 6 District Titles, 3 Region Championships and one State Championship, the Bobcats haven't given anyone any reason to doubt them, so what's different about this year?

"I've hear different rumors from everywhere, y'all ain't going to be no good, y'all ain't going to win 2 games y'all ain't going to win five," said Senior Wide Receiver and Defensive Back Justin Warwick.

Senior Lineman Shane Lawson agreed with Warwick, "Everybody is saying Bell's down, Bell's down and things like that, but we're going to have the same record as we do every year. We're going to win 8 or 9 ball games and we're going to be sitting in the state playoffs just like every year."

The Bobcats have 6 seniors on their roster and return just four starters on both sides of the ball.

"Bell County is Bell County. I don't think we've fallen off the map by any stretch of the means. We've made it to the Regionals the past 2 years and got beat by Louisville Central, who's 55-1 against 3A opponents. So we played them closer than anybody, so I feel like our program is as good as anyone around here," said Head Coach Wayne Mills.

With a young team, and a tough schedule the Bobcats are concentrating on taking it one game at a time.

"Just going to take a lot of hard work, people step up every year. You're going to lose seniors, but people have got to step up, they really gotta get some experience along through the season, and then come play off time I think they'll be ready," said Senior Wide Receiver and Defensive Back Ben Collett.

"I just think we need to keep getting better, you know as I said we're young up front. I think as each game comes, those kids will gain experience and as we hit district play you feel like you'll be ready to hit your stride. Every time you have young players just making sure they mature make sure they develop each and every week," said Coach Mills.

The bobcats are taking all the negative comments from the community and using it as motivation to achieve their goal.

"Definitely make it back to the Regional Championship, whoever may be waiting there for us is fine. Just make it there advance on and win the region. I've been here and ain't never won a Regional Championship, so that'd be a great success and a great compliment for me," said Warwick.

The Bobcats open up their season with South Pittsburgh out of Chattanooga Tennessee.

http://www.wkyt.com/wymt/sports/sportsov...57731.html
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
  •  Previous
  • 9(current)