Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Top Teams in the 2006 Volleyball Season?
What School will be on top? & Players with that school?

My moneys on AC & Belfry...
i think AC will come out on the top this season.

belfry lost most of their talent, but AC still has Hodge, Martin and Blevins hitting and they are going to have the same libero (Hall) bak- that was considered to be the best in the region

eventhough AC did loose 2 powerful hitters and their star setter i still believe Belfry will be no match for them
Well Sheldon Clark needs a Coach....
ggh04 Wrote:Well Sheldon Clark needs a Coach....

What happened to Coach Allen? He did a good job with the girls last year.
I believe AC will be on top but Ithink JC could be up there with Belfry as well.
Tin Cup Wrote:What happened to Coach Allen? He did a good job with the girls last year.

he quit...well coaching that is
I think Magoffins Volleyball team should be good this year they didn't lose anyone from last year
**Post 300!!**
No doubt Magoffin will have a good team. They will have a lot of experience. By the way, congrats on post #300!
JC should be very good this year. Although they did lose 5 great seniors, I think they will be a top team in the region. Belfry should be good as well.

I think that Allen Central will be the team to beat in the Region this season .
They have a very strong back line Hall and the very strong returning hitters in Blevins, Martin and Hodge which is also a top notch setter. They also have sonme people that are moving up from JV that i believe will be a benifit to the team as well.

Belfry and JC lost everything and AC it stronger than last year
M.V.P. its nice of you not to brag on yourself but you know that you, mills, hunter, and meade where the team and if they move hodge to setter then they have no true hitter. belfry until someone beats them which has not happened then they are number 1.
The Class of the 55 Th District, and possibly the 15 Th region will go through the Allen Central Lady Rebels this season. They should give Coach Maynard a regional chanpionship this year and a trip to the State tourney. With their returnning players and the young talent that he always has on hand, I don't see anyone else but possibley Belfry giving them any competition this year. They will be a lot of "Pretenders" in the district, but the Lady Rebels will regain their dominant position as the team to beat. The trouble for the other teams is that none of them can even come close to the talent level and dedication that the Lady Rebels have. Make room in the trophy case, cause here comes another one. :rockon:
I hope Ac is good since you guys believe they will be but Belfry is the strongest team and then it might be up in the air for the other team. I know Sf went to the best camp out of the teams this summer but summer is summer and does not count for wins and loses. Ac will not win the 55th district let alone the region. the lady cats of pburg will upsett them the first game of the season. I also heard from someone that went to their practice that they do not have team unity and this will hurt if the lose a couple of games.
Pikeville
meganwillis10 Wrote:Ac will not win the 55th district let alone the region.

Im sorry but i think you are dead wrong Allen Central will blow away the District! Prestonsburg is Crazy if they think that they vould beat AC and south Floyd cant stand up to the big hitters Central has. I promise this year the gold will go to Columbia Blue and Red (i would lay money on it)

as far as the region goes it will be a tough fight becasue Ac will have some players that have never played in a regional game. but maynard had them prepared they wont be intimidated by anyone and they have gppd leadership.
meganwillis10 Wrote:. I also heard from someone that went to their practice that they do not have team unity and this will hurt if the lose a couple of games.

Do u mean AC? They have wonderful Unity ?
not from what i hear from a player on the team and someone close to the team. ac will not win the region let alone the district.
I think Ac will be the top team this year...they lost a good player in Mosely, Hunter, and Mills but the team is still strong for this year...they have good hitters in Hodge, Martin, and the Blevins sisters...and Hall will be diggin up the balls in the back court... Ac will win Districts this year and will be a strong contender in the Regions...they have been practicing, going to camps getting all the help they need to be a great team this year...No doubt JC and Belfry will have good teams this year but Ac has the heart and the drive to win
twink09 Wrote:I think Ac will be the top team this year...they have good hitters in Hodge, Martin, and the Blevins sisters...and Hall will be diggin up the balls in the back court...

I agree Twink09
The team camp at Morehead brought in AC & JC...Johnson Central has a good team this year, dont get me wrong, their strong middle is there biggest competition, she's awesome...BUT..Allen Central is coming out on top..No doubt about it...Allen Central killed JC at the Morehead when they played games...Johnson DID beat them in one game...But when season rolls around, the Rebels are gonna be ready for anything....They still have 3 very strong and competitive hitters, Hodge, Martin, & Blevins..and they have 3 Sophomores stepping up to the plate....The Rebels have been to many camps and tournaments over the Summer, and they have proven to have the heart and the unity...There gonna be VERY strong this year.. No doubt about it....Belfry & JC will definately be hard to handle, but Allen Central is readyy for it..:Cheerlead
meganwillis10 Wrote:not from what i hear from a player on the team and someone close to the team. ac will not win the region let alone the district.

I would really like to know where you got this and which player it is. AC has great unity. They are friends on the court and off. Yeah I mean every team has its problems sometimes but when it comes time to play they all have one common goal and thats to win. If they have a problem with each other they resolve it and move on cause they want to win this year bad. The girls cut up together all the time and I know that they have unity! :thumpsup:
Well I'm a fan of volleyball...I stay updated about different teams in the area (mostly 15th). If AC has any unity problems, they might as well call it a season....volleyball is the biggest team sport there is...theres no way to win if one persons giving their all and the other 5 players couldnt care less! So I feel sorry for the Rebels if the rumors of poor team unity are true! Good Luck AC!
In the 2006 volleyball season ACHS is going to have 18 girls that are 100 % focused on volleyball with perfect volleyball ethics and team unity.

Yes it is true that to have a winning team all starting 7 girls must have unity and get along but AC has more than that . They will have a unified starting 7 (on and off the floor) but they will also have a unified and careing bench which helps alot.
M.V.P. i hope you are correct. But i dont think that ACHS will have as much heart this year as they did last year

Mills(setter) - i kept up with AC especially around district and region time mills cared alot she put her all in the game and it was obivious.

Moseley (hitter)- she seemed like every piece of her heart was in volleyball , i was at the regional tourney when AC lost to Belfry and you would have thought some one had stole her sole, that little volleyball team seemed like it meant more that life to her. hopefully she will keep the same level of love for the game in college.
I Think that the pick of the litter in the 15Th has to be Belfry. Until they are defeated they are the champions. I don't see anyone doing that this year. The pick of the 55Th, has to be AC. I don't see anyone having the talent or the determination of the Rebels this year. Everyone else will be playing for Second place. If Prestonsburg gets it together, then they will be a close second. South Floyd is way too inexperienced, and having questionable work ethics, don't see them doing much this year. Betsy Layne has lost a lot since their district championship teams, and still look to see them rebuilding this year.
I look for it to be another trophy year for the Rebels.
allen central is having a pre season tourney saturday ...

GOOD LUCK GIRLS
Team unity is no problem for Allen Central. They are united as a team both on and off the court. Allen Central and Belfry did lose alot of their players. But, AC still has strong hitters in Hodge, Martin, & Blevins. As well as Hall, the libero. They have 3 sophomores Howard & Martin (Setters) as well as Blevins (A strong middle) that are ready and willing to step up to the challange, and carry the rebels through the regional competition, and on to state.:thumpsup: