Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Little "Observation"
After reading the non stop post every year of how we dont need a first round and its nothing but blowouts, and its not good for the game, today should tell you a little something about your whining if you were one of those.

Two COMPLETE BLOWOUTS to start off the 1st day.

Will the haters resort to wanting an AP champion voted on every year now that there hating of the first round is even more embarrassing since the state championship games are mostly blowouts?

Ive said time and time again, no matter what you do, there a few select teams in this state that are head and above the rest of there class every year and 4 times out of 5 they will blow everyone else out.

As for complaining about the 6 class system my advice is get over it.
Its not changing.
Also, its likely the 5A and 6A games could be blowouts as well.
No matter how many classes there are, Trinity, Highlands, St. Xavier, Bowling Green will always compete for big school titles. Mayfield, Beechwood, NCC, Belfry, Central will always compete for small school titles. 1 out 10 years, you might have a surprise.

When coaches say that they wouldve rather lost in a close playoff game than get blown out by Trinity or Highlands, then it's not the number of classes
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:After reading the non stop post every year of how we dont need a first round and its nothing but blowouts, and its not good for the game, today should tell you a little something about your whining if you were one of those.

Two COMPLETE BLOWOUTS to start off the 1st day.

Will the haters resort to wanting an AP champion voted on every year now that there hating of the first round is even more embarrassing since the state championship games are mostly blowouts?

Ive said time and time again, no matter what you do, there a few select teams in this state that are head and above the rest of there class every year and 4 times out of 5 they will blow everyone else out.

As for complaining about the 6 class system my advice is get over it.
Its not changing.

This is a classic example of a RED HERRING. It's bear no relation to the topic
which I, and numerous others, have posted on.

Blowouts CAN happen at any time. 2 teams that are very evenly
matched CAN have a blowout when one team gets on a roll and the other
has an off day.

Blowouts in the first round matchups between #4 and #1 seeds are close
to GURANTEED. And the fact that soemtimes even the title games
CAN be decided by large margins, do NOT change the fact that
our present system by design produces a huge percentage of
blowouts between teams that have NO chance to be competitive.

And while it may not change, it COULD change, and ABSOLUTELY SHOULD
change.
there is one problem with getting rid of the 1st round

Cooper went 9-1 in the regular season and is playing in the state finals today. due to the district tie breaker, without a 1st round, they don't make the playoffs as the 3 seed. the teams they were tied with, South Oldham and Conner, were both 8-2.

That's not the only example from this year of a 3 seed having some success in the playoffs, some districts are just that much better than the other district.
toussaints Wrote:there is one problem with getting rid of the 1st round

Cooper went 9-1 in the regular season and is playing in the state finals today. due to the district tie breaker, without a 1st round, they don't make the playoffs as the 3 seed. the teams they were tied with, South Oldham and Conner, were both 8-2.

That's not the only example from this year of a 3 seed having some success in the playoffs, some districts are just that much better than the other district.

Then put the top 3 teams in a district and give the 1 seed a bye in week 1
Twitter: @tc_analytics

toussaints Wrote:there is one problem with getting rid of the 1st round

Actually that's NOT a problem. Because the totally anamolous
incident of a #3 seed making a final happens what, <1% of the time?
So it wouldn't be missed. and YES, it's certanly true that EVERY
year, some districts are MUCH stronger than others. Still doesn't
mean that the vast majority of 1 over 4 blowouts isn't in need
of rectification.
^ and i agree with that, i like the no 4 seeds idea
Well I guess it's a good thing the powers that be in Ky football are not concerned about pleasing you guys. The fact is this is a good system. The reason it is, is there are more kids across the state getting an opportunity to play in the playoff environment. They have at least one more week to put on the pads and play and share that time with their friends and brothers. So what that you bunch of couch potatoes dont like it.
Observing Wrote:This is a classic example of a RED HERRING. It's bear no relation to the topic

has an off day.

change.

Im not even going to try.
Your unbelievable and impossible when it comes to common sense.
Observing Wrote:This is a classic example of a RED HERRING. It's bear no relation to the topic

has an off day.

change.

Your entire post is so filled with falsehoods it isn't funny.

I complained about everyone talking about 1st round blowouts. I said when those stupid threads first came up this year that those people were so swayed in their opinons that they simply ignore the facts. 1st round has blowouts yes, but guess what? so does every round!!!!

Look at every round. Blowouts in all of them. Lets just look at the Semi Finals this year alone, there were 12 games being played and half of those were blowout wins.

State Finals 3 of the 6 were blowouts.

What does this tell us? It tells us that it doesn't matter what round you are talking about, blowouts happen period. It's how the game is.

People who whine about the 1st round blowouts have no clue about the playoffs and how many blowouts occur all throughout the playoffs.

You take out teams and guess what, you still have blowouts. So quit complaining, the way the khsaa runs the playoffs is fine.
Its a blowout because of the playoff format...its not that hard to figure out. Shrink the classes down to 5 or maybe even back down to 4 and keep the top four teams going to the playoffs and you will see a reduction in blowouts in the finals as well as the first round.

has an off day.

change.

If the primary and foremost goal of the KHSAA was to make sure there were close games in the playoffs, they absolutely should change. However, it's not and they shouldn't and hopefully won't change.