Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WILLIAMS and HUGHES of PAINTSVILLE WINS 15th Region Boys Doubles!!
Congrats to Alex and Zac of Paintsville on taking out Tyler Maynard and Andy Delong of Lawrence Co. to win the 2006 15th Region Boys Doubles!!
:1:

Good job and great effort!!

Good luck at State!!

:letsparty
They did do Wonderful.. Tyler and Andy did a Great Job Too Though! Good Luck to both in State. Got any other scores!
Yes, Tyler and Andy did put up a good fight. Great match, but you have to give credit where it is due!! Good luck to both teams in State!!
Was this an upset?
I would say so....based on the season. It's not that Alex and Zac couldn't beat them as they did, but Maynard and Delong would have to be considered the favorite and they were the #1 doubles seed.
Maynard and Delong just weren't on their game and the Paintsville team played the match of their lives.
Congrats to both.
big guy '06 Wrote:Maynard and Delong just weren't on their game and the Paintsville team played the match of their lives.

I agree that Maynard and Delong have played better, BUT Alex and Zac of Paintsville hardly played the game of their lives??? :dontthink I haven't seen any stats, but I feel confident in saying that they made about as many unforced errors as Maynard and Delong. Both teams made many mistakes and both teams had many good winners. Bottom line is Tyler and Andy lost....no excuses necessary!

Congrats to both teams on a very hard played match and good luck at State!!
:Thumbs:
EKY Sportster Wrote:I would say so....based on the season. It's not that Alex and Zac couldn't beat them as they did, but Maynard and Delong would have to be considered the favorite and they were the #1 doubles seed.

Thanks I knew they were either 1 or 2 seeds but didn't know the rest of the seedings. Congrats to the Paintsville team.
Way to go guys!!!
EKY Sportster Wrote:I agree that Maynard and Delong have played better, BUT Alex and Zac of Paintsville hardly played the game of their lives??? :dontthink I haven't seen any stats, but I feel confident in saying that they made about as many unforced errors as Maynard and Delong. Both teams made many mistakes and both teams had many good winners. Bottom line is Tyler and Andy lost....no excuses necessary!

Congrats to both teams on a very hard played match and good luck at State!!
:Thumbs:

I agree, Lots of unforced errors from both teams, this was a very evenly matched match. I predicted it to go 3 sets the other way. Sometimes you win and sometimes you lose!!!!! Both teams will need to step it up at state. Good Luck to both teams.
Congrats... Zach and Alex

I watched them play our boys Johnathon Howard and Cameron Jayne from Magoffin County, and im pretty sure it went 3 sets. And im not trying to cause any trouble or start any argueing or nothing like that but I think if John and Cam had called for a line judge after the first time they called it out which was clearly atleast 2ft in I think the out come of this game woul have been clearly the other way with magoffin wiinning both oif the first sets.
I was sitting right by the Lawerence County fans, and im almost positive it was Andy's brother and mother, that when he called a shot out that really was'nt they would "My gosh I cant beleive he is getting away with this."

I think it is just so disrespectful to cheat, because if I cheated to win I would'nt feel like I have won anything!

This was a good game, but they played just like they aginist MC did anything they could to win even if took a little combination of lyeing and cheating to try to win and unfortunatley they couldnt pull it off with Alex and Zach..... CONGRATS GUYS.....!!!
Congrats to those boys, make us proud.
Well Allsport#1, I can't comment on your observations of the LC v. MC match because I didn't see it. But I can say that since Magoffin, Paintsville and Lawrence Co. all sent their doubles team to state it really didn't matter. But MC had a good boys doubles team that done well. I didn't always agree with the attitude of Tyler Maynard when I seen their matches, but they sure were a good doubles team and hard to beat around here. Of course they got it handed to them, as did the rest of our boys doubles in the first round at state.
congrats!
When is state? Have they played yet? Can someone post results?

Good luck guys!! make the 15th proud!