4. Perry central (13)
5. Clay co. (12
6. Whitley co. (9)
7. Southwestern (8)
8. Sheldon clark (7)
9. Bell co. (5)
10. Knott central (2)
Are the top three really good?
I dont know much about them other than scores i see.
Dont get talked about much on here.
^ yes they are
Shelby valley will not be a top ten. Lost Mullibns to an ACL. Will be competitive but not top ten. Good luck !
Dang, a lot of love for the 15th region. Didn't know they were such a basketball power. If they would get out of the mountains and play some actual competition, I may become a believer. They have not done this in the past with much success. It is easy to compile a lot of wins if a coach schedules right. Quality wins, now that is a different story. WYMT places too much emphasis on wins, instead of strength of schedule.
Well, this poll is interesting, to say the least. I guess we'll see how this shakes out in the coming weeks.
Perry Central is #1 Easily. Then Clay County at #2. Letcher #3. Nobody can stop Rankin in this region and Perrys other starters are just as good or better than the other top teams players.
Tubby Lover Wrote:Shelby valley will not be a top ten. Lost Mullibns to an ACL. Will be competitive but not top ten. Good luck !

Wow, when did she tear her ACL?
Yea, Clay's not top 2 but they're better than 5. I don't care if they do have young guard play they still have two solid verterans in the post. Perry's too low also.
Perry is at Beach Ball Classic in Myrtle Beach, SC and in the Sunshine Classic in Daytona. Randy is getting the girls ready this year. They may not be as talented but this bunch may play harder and be more physical hopefully. If Rankin can get her 25 and Back can chip in with 15 or more, the others will do their part.
1. letcher central (20)
2. shelby valley (18)
3. Maggoffin co. (15)
4. Perry central (13)
5. Clay co. (12
6. Whitley co. (9)
7. Southwestern (8)
8. Sheldon clark (7)
9. Bell co. (5)
10. Knott central (2)

I think you could put Letcher Central, Shelby Valley (with mullins), and Magoffin County in any order and it would be right. Without Leeza Mullins, I'd say that they are a little behind LCC and MC. With that being said, I think Perry County Central has to be the top team. They are too solid. And I know that Clay Co. and Whitley Co. are both really good teams as well. And the other teams are solid too. It's kinda hard to rank the rest of these teams besides putting PCC at number 1, IMO.
But in a couple weeks or so we will have a good idea of where everyone stands!
Bell Co knocked off Perry Central last night showing their ranking should be a little better
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Johnny_Ringo Wrote:Perry Central is #1 Easily. Then Clay County at #2. Letcher #3. Nobody can stop Rankin in this region and Perrys other starters are just as good or better than the other top teams players.

So much for that theory :hilarious:
Bell County got a great win the other night, it will certainly help their cause.
13th Region will be extremely competitive with Bell, Clay and Whitley.
E's Army Wrote:13th Region will be extremely competitive with Bell, Clay and Whitley.

I agree.
Its looking like the 13th may be one of the strongest.
Johnny_Ringo Wrote:Perry Central is #1 Easily. Then Clay County at #2. Letcher #3. Nobody can stop Rankin in this region and Perrys other starters are just as good or better than the other top teams players.

:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:
I understand that teams change, but I just don't see how Knott is in over Harlan County. The Lady Bears beat Knott by 23 at Knott. So, Harlan County (19-3) has the best record in the 13th Region with a win over 3 top 10 teams gets dropped out of the rankings all together for losing by six at #1 Letcher Central and by 5 at Bell County?
^
This is an old thread.
Ill close it to prevent confusion.