5 - Breathitt County
4 - Harlan County
3 - Pulaski County
2 - Perry Central
1 - Knott Central

Thoughts?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
It's Harlan County, not Central!
rudedogky Wrote:It's Harlan County, not Central!

Fixed it...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Hazard too low, Perry too high.

Knott earned their spot last season and I think Breathitt will end up higher than 5 but I am OK with that ranking for now. I don't follow the teams outside the 14th enough to comment on their rankings.
Hazard and Johnson too low IMO.
^

I agree. I think both Hazard and Johnson Central need to be moved up.
Sorry for this but...

Spurs playing without 3 stars tonight look like a Kentucky High School Mountain team; 3 - white guys, 1 fast black guy, and 1 black guy from another country
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Good to see Pulaski getting some love. They deserve it, they have a 3 headed monster (Gover,Johnson, and Goins) that would be tough for any mountain team to stop.
^ I was thinking Pulaski was going to be #1...Knott lost Davis and Perry lost Paige.. Thought Pulaski would come in at #1
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
It wouldnt been a bad choice. I like the top 3 though, after that I think it could use some changes. JMO.
Hazard at 10 all I gotta say is LOL.

#1 and #2 can be switch either way..
The rest doesn't even make sense.
your top 4 no exact way..

hazard breathitt knott perry

wymt, whoever picked these - you're on crack bruhhh
Who is it that came out with this crap?
The rock AKA Derek Forrest? Cause if so, this stuff smells like poop.

Harlan Co at 5, Pulaski at 6 IMO.
The rest really doesn't even matter..
And I think Cordia will make their way into the mountain top 10.. at this point in the season they are probably better than the later half of the top ten LOL
Plenty of room for the Jags to move up.
My top 5. JMO

1.Knott
2.Perry
3.Pulaski
4.Johnson Central
5.Breathitt Co/Hazard (Breathitt with Fraley, Hazard without)
Looks good to me.
TOP 10
1. Knott Central
2. Perry Central
3. Breathitt Co.
4. Hazard
5. Johnson Central
6. Pulaski Co.
7. Harlan Co.
8. North Laurel
9. Southwestern
10. Clay Co.

Just outside the top 10 Pikeville
My top 10..

1 - Perry
2 - Hazard
3 - Pulaski
4 - Breathitt
5 - Johnson Central
6 - Knott
7 - Southwestern
8 - North Laurel
9 - Pikeville
10 - Harlan Co
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
My top 5:
HHS
Johnson Central
KCC
PCC
Southwestern

HHS has 10 kids that would prob start on any of the top 5 teams. JC has the best win over Henry Clay. I know it was a scrimmage but both teams were full strength. KCC had a close game against BUllit East but this isnt horseshoes. PCC best ball will be later n the season when Johnson get into playing shape. Southwestern has a great PG in kapinga, good 2/3 man in Edwards. Until PUlaski beats them I think they are the top of that region. Harlan County should be in there but can't seem to beat the good teams when they should. Breathitt county without Fraley will be soft in the middle and will depend on guard play.
This list is about as bad as the Courier Journal's football rankings.

Lame!
Pulp Fiction Wrote:This list is about as bad as the Courier Journal's football rankings.

Lame!

Give us your top 5 or 10!!!!!
No love for Valley?
ballstar Wrote:My top 5:
HHS
Johnson Central
KCC
PCC
Southwestern

HHS has 10 kids that would prob start on any of the top 5 teams. JC has the best win over Henry Clay. I know it was a scrimmage but both teams were full strength. KCC had a close game against BUllit East but this isnt horseshoes. PCC best ball will be later n the season when Johnson get into playing shape. Southwestern has a great PG in kapinga, good 2/3 man in Edwards. Until PUlaski beats them I think they are the top of that region. Harlan County should be in there but can't seem to beat the good teams when they should. Breathitt county without Fraley will be soft in the middle and will depend on guard play.

Please correct me if im wrong. Pulaski beat SW 2 times last year, just failed to play well in the Region losing too West Jessamine. SW lost a good deal of contribution while Pulaski did not.
However IMO i believe both Pulaski and SW deserve to be in the top 5 of this ranking. SW returning 4 players from a deep team last year. Pulaski returns a great deal of players, in fact their 3 most important 2 of which are the top in the 12th region, Johnson/Gover.
KarnivalKat Wrote:Please correct me if im wrong. Pulaski beat SW 2 times last year, just failed to play well in the Region losing too West Jessamine. SW lost a good deal of contribution while Pulaski did not.
However IMO i believe both Pulaski and SW deserve to be in the top 5 of this ranking. SW returning 4 players from a deep team last year. Pulaski returns a great deal of players, in fact their 3 most important 2 of which are the top in the 12th region, Johnson/Gover.

Im saying until they beat them this yr SW deserves to be above them. SW has alot returning as well. I think your right in saying they could both be in the top 5. They are both very talented. Im sure this will change a ton as the season goes along.
Nobody from 13th should be in the top 10. They have quit playing basketball there. There has not been an exceptional team in the 13th in 3or 4 years.
Ballers Wrote:your top 4 no exact way..

hazard breathitt knott perry

wymt, whoever picked these - you're on crack bruhhh
Who is it that came out with this crap?
The rock AKA Derek Forrest? Cause if so, this stuff smells like poop.

Harlan Co at 5, Pulaski at 6 IMO.
The rest really doesn't even matter..
And I think Cordia will make their way into the mountain top 10.. at this point in the season they are probably better than the later half of the top ten LOL

Get that weak stuff out of here!
I'm a big 14th Region fan myself....
but I'm not naive enough to think that the top 4 should all be from the 14th.
Pulaski County, Southwestern, Harlan County and Johnson Central are all good enough to compete with the 14th.
I'm pretty big on North Laurel as well.
Time will tell.
E's Army - Hate to tell you (and yes, they got upset in the region tournament) but Clay County won the Mountain Classic just two years ago. Hold your "taters".
Big Don Wrote:No love for Valley?

Valley isn't a top 10 team in the Mountains right now. They might be eventually, but not right now.
I will tell you all one thing;

Get out there and watch these teams play this year, there are a lot great players in the mountains right now.... Very talented group of kids playing in Southeastern KY right now...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The WYMT is not the end all. I am a 13th region guy and have not seen a real good team in the 13th in a few years. Richie is not taking the floor. South and Corbin have been mediocre for the last three years. I don't see anybody from the 13th making noise at the Sweet Sixteen.