Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
(2) Duke 73 - (4) Ohio State 68
I was Observing this game last night and it was proof point again that we have members on this site that are completely ignorant to true basketball intelligence. You do not have to watch this Duke team to identify them as a truly legitimate team, that plays within the spirit of teamwork and leadership that has been developed by their head coach. We have members who have made comments about how minimal the skills are for Mason Plumlee, yet against very good competition, it is evident that at this point in the year, he is the best player in college basketball. Those members are clearly barking out their backside and have proved once again that their 3rd grade experience in YMCA Basketball has not given them the ability to make any type of educated opinion about the game of Basketball.

[Image: http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-xEwEjQETj9Q/T-...ng-Dog.jpg]
Stardust Wrote:I was Observing this game last night and it was proof point again that we have members on this site that are completely ignorant to true basketball intelligence. You do not have to watch this Duke team to identify them as a truly legitimate team, that plays within the spirit of teamwork and leadership that has been developed by their head coach. We have members who have made comments about how minimal the skills are for Mason Plumlee, yet against very good competition, it is evident that at this point in the year, he is the best player in college basketball. Those members are clearly barking out their backside and have proved once again that their 3rd grade experience in YMCA Basketball has not given them the ability to make any type of educated opinion about the game of Basketball.

[Image: http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-xEwEjQETj9Q/T-...ng-Dog.jpg]

lol at the bolded. I've heard you mention the word "observing" a couple of times in the college basketball forum. Do you mean observing as in an analysis of the game, or another type of observing? Confusednicker: Haha!

In all seriousness though, Duke is a legitimate team that I believe will be in contention this March. Even though Louisville was without Dieng and Kentucky is a shell of what they will be this March with a completely new team, Duke is, no question, good wins that prove Duke to be a legitimate contender. I feel that OSU is a very good win for Duke as well. Despite losing Sullinger, OSU returns some very good players from their final four team last year and will be in contention again this year.

I expect Duke to still be angered by loss to Lehigh and continue to play exceptional ball. They will cool off at some point, I do believe they are a good team and like last year in which they greatly overachieved, I believe they are continuing to perform above their level although they are more talented this year. Curry, Plumlee both took their games from a good level to a great level. By years end, I believe Duke will have 5-7 losses and be in contention for a deep run at the title.
^ You and I know, I hate dUKe (as do you), but to not give them credit is as uneducated as anyone Observing this site....Wink

You points above are spot on. Will Demons in Blue dominate the rankings all season? NO! But will they be in contention for an Elite 8 appearance yet again? YES! And if you make it to the Elite 8, ANYTHING can happen and it no longer is the best talented, but the team with breaks!
3 top fives to start the season. Not bad.
^ It's a result of the best coach in the world taking that team of scrubs and making them play well. You know, that Plumlee kid is HORRIBLE, so it must just be great coaching Confusednicker:
Ohio St. looked good in the first half. Fizzled in the second.
Duke should without a doubt be number 1 in the country.
They took their team and beat 3 of the top 5 teams in the country.
Duke is the best team in the country right now, by far. Gona be tough come March! :Thumbs: