Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BGR's NBA Hall of Fame: Blind Resume
In case you didn't know, the NBA does not have a Hall of Fame. I want us to pretend that they do, and play the blind resume game. I want the standards to be a little more difficult than the current international hall-of-fame. About the same standards as the NFL hall of fame.

Every 12-18 hours I will post a new name unless someone guesses it before then.

Also, just from the numbers, please state whether or not they are Hall of Fame worthy.
#1.

Career Averages: 20.7 points 9.8 boards 4.2 assists. 1.4 steals. 1.4 blocks.
Rookie of the Year. 5 time All star. Former NBA season rebound leader.
Yes.
Chris Webber
I wonder why the NBA hasnt made a hall of fame?
Dusty got it. It is Chris Webber.

I agree. Should be a Hall of Famer.
#2.

Career Averages: 21 points. 3.9 boards, 3.5 assists, 1.2 steals.
Career 39% 3-shooter. 85% Free-throw shooter.
Rookie of the Year. 6 Time All Star. Former All Star Game MVP.
These are so much tougher that the NFL ones.
bump.
Mitch Richmond, and yes.
Keep this up LWC. This is a pretty cool thread.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:I wonder why the NBA hasnt made a hall of fame?

I'd say it is because there is the Naismith Basketball Hall of Fame.
Let's try one that didn't play for the Kings lol
I don't mean to hijack LWC's thread...
but here's a "bonus" Wink

15 year career
18.3 PPG 2.1 APG 4.4 RPG 1 SPG
40% from 3
LWC Wrote:Dusty got it. It is Chris Webber.

I agree. Should be a Hall of Famer.

LWC, I did not cheat and google - BUT - I know how you feel about CW and I knew those numbers had to be close. :Thumbs:
zaga_fan Wrote:I don't mean to hijack LWC's thread...
but here's a "bonus" Wink

15 year career
18.3 PPG 2.1 APG 4.4 RPG 1 SPG
40% from 3

You have to tell All-Star game appearances, if any.
With those numbers, I am thinking of someone that is definitely a shooting guard because of the assists and rebounding numbers being so low.

With currently zero all-star appearances or awards, I would say certainly not a hall of famer PURELY based on numbers.

I am going to also guess that you are intentionally using a Lakers player since I listed two people that predominantly played for the Kings, so I will guess James Worthy.
LWC Wrote:You have to tell All-Star game appearances, if any.

Glen Rice.
At first I thought it was James Worthy, but I bet he had more All Star games than 3.
It's Glen Rice - and he wasn't a Laker for long. I just picked him for the heck of it.

The All-Star selection makes this too easy to google lol
^I always remember him as a dreaded Laker though, lol.
I think Shaq should be a Hall of Famer..
Of course he wasn't the best free throw shooter in the world..
But back in the day he couldn't be stopped.
Thirteen NBA seasons

Career Average :
Points-27.1
Steals-2.2
Assist-6.2
FG%-42%
FT%-78%

Over 24000 Points

Playoff Averages
Points- 29.7
Assist- 6.0

In 886 games with 877 starts, averaging 27.1 points, 6.2 assists, 3.7 rebounds and 2.22 steals in 41.4 minutes per game while shooting 42.5% from the floor, 31.3% from 3-point range and 78.0% from the line…

Named the NBA’s Most Valuable Player

Selected to 10-straight All-Star Games
MVP of the All-Star Game
Named NBA Rookie of the Year…
Seven All-NBA Teams
One of only four players in NBA history to lead the league in scoring at least four times
Entered 2009-10 with a career scoring average of 27.1 points, which ranked fifth all-time and was second-best among active players...
Has 134 career double-doubles and one triple-double (30 points, 11 assists and 10 rebounds
Only player in NBA history to lead the league in steals in for three straight seasons
Only player in NBA history to twice lead the league in minutes per game for three straight seasons (seven seasons overall)… Captured a bronze medal as a co-captain for Team USA at the 2004 Olympics in Athens, Greece and led the team in scoring with 13.8 points per game.
Probably Allen Iverson...and I would say yes, he deserves a spot.
^I agree. If it is Iverson, he single-handedly took the Sixers to the Finals that year.
If Iverson could have learned with age that he had to be more productive in the assist column as he aged, he would still be in the NBA.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:If Iverson could have learned with age that he had to be more productive in the assist column as he aged, he would still be in the NBA.

There are so many people from that generation that simply didn't stand the test of time. They only got by with their physical skills and failed to develop their basketball skills to a level that they could continue on with.

The only player left from that generation that contributes consistently is Kobe Bryant.
16 PPG 4 RPG 7 APG 2 SPG
9x All Star. Defensive Player of the Year. 1x NBA Champion.

(I rounded so that it would not be as easy to Google it, lol)
LWC Wrote:16 PPG 4 RPG 7 APG 2 SPG
9x All Star. Defensive Player of the Year. 1x NBA Champion.

(I rounded so that it would not be as easy to Google it, lol)

lol, i hate cheaters.
Theres a couple tha tmake it obvious :biggrin:

This is a tough one.
Only one NBA championship means he wasnt on very good teams, but a defensive player of the year award makes it easier. Plus being a 9 time all star means hes popular.

Ill go with Garnett. I only remember him winning one title with the Celtics in 08, and i know he had a defensive POY award, but i have no clue about actual stats, and no i didnt look them up, takes the fun out of it.
Gary Payton.