Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Caldwell County vs. Newport Central Catholic (2A State Championship) 12/1
mysonis55 Wrote:Now wait just a minute there Dreamkiller. I am very much in yalls corner and I think yall have a great chance. I also think yall will be awesome next year as well. What I have to rebut you on here is the middle school teams. I think a team wearing red and black took them out behind the woodshed this year. I believe I saw that, yeah, yeah, I am certain of that one as that was one of my boys last games of the year. Don't buy in to what these guys are saying on there though. NKY football is where they invented football you know. Seems like we have had a pretty good record versus NKY football. There is one team over there we hold a 6-0 record against. There is another one that wears blue and gold that I think our record is 2-1 against. I think that would, yeah, yeah that would make a winning record wouldn't it.

You are correct, good sir. very sorry about that one. :trolldad2:
I'm going to be broadcasting this game. Could a knowledgeable fan of each team post an honest report on the team he/she follows, i.e. talk about the offensive and defensive sets his/her team runs; key players and key subs on each side of the ball; any particular and interesting info I won't be able to find in the KHSAA stats but would be of interest to the folks listening to the broadcast. If you have a link to a game film on the net, please post it. Many thanks as I want to do the best job possible out of respect to the kids playing and the listeners. Thx.
Caldwell by 18
charlie22 Wrote:I'm going to be broadcasting this game. Could a knowledgeable fan of each team post an honest report on the team he/she follows, i.e. talk about the offensive and defensive sets his/her team runs; key players and key subs on each side of the ball; any particular and interesting info I won't be able to find in the KHSAA stats but would be of interest to the folks listening to the broadcast. If you have a link to a game film on the net, please post it. Many thanks as I want to do the best job possible out of respect to the kids playing and the listeners. Thx.

IHigh has the NewCath Beechwood and NewCath Walton Verona among others. Cain's dad was QB for the '84 state champs. Brady Thacker is a good story. He is THE heart and soul of the team. He tore his knee up last year and the team was never the same. Not very often that an offensive lineman and linebacker has that much influence on a team.
MayfieldCardinal Wrote:Like I said, NCC is greatful we are in 1A and they know it. Heck we have a taken them to the woodshed everytime we have played them but 1 and they loose to Beechwood most years. This year we would beat NCC by 3 tds. Sorry we have some uninformed NCC folks on here

You are a moron. What is your exact definition of the phrase, "taken to the woodshed?" Have you looked at any of the past scores? A 10 pt win by you and then a 1pt. win. Followed by a 35pt win by us in '05, the same year that we lost to Beechwood.

I don't know who would win this year, but it would be a very good game. NewCath can throw the ball every down, so you don't have the same ability to pin your ears back as you did against Beechwood. How does anyone look at the scores that NewCath and Mayfield posted on Beechwood and think that either team is head and shoulders above the other?
My opinion is that Caldwell Co. Wins.
MayfieldCardinal Wrote:Like I said, NCC is greatful we are in 1A and they know it. Heck we have a taken them to the woodshed everytime we have played them but 1 and they loose to Beechwood most years. This year we would beat NCC by 3 tds. Sorry we have some uninformed NCC folks on here
We can talk about what would happen if the two teams played all day but fact is no one can truly say cuz they don't play. I just know the last time they faced off was in the state championship and it was embarrassing! Mayfield's QB then couldn't QB for NCC's middle school team. I'm sure going into that game your fan base thought you had a shot. Watched the game film of Caldwell/mayfield and mayfield looked very good, I don't care who would win a Mayfield/NCC cuz they don't play this week. I love the fact that Caldwell is so confident, it makes it fun.
I wouldn't say we would beat NCC hands down based on one game. I think we probably could, but we will never know. I will be rooting for Caldwell Co in this one and I think they have a chance at it. If NCC wins, they will have earned it and I and I am sure Caldwell fans will congratulate them. Good Luck to both teams and may God keep you injury free.
NKYfootballfan91 Wrote:NCC beats mayfield by three TDs this year, u ppl need to get a clue.

:thatsfunn

Phhhaaaaaa hahahaha.. I needed a good laugh
Caldwell Co. Im pullin for ya.. this team has peaked at the right time.. just to think yall should be there tha next two years as well .. but I may have to change cheering section in 2014... lol for we may change class.. good luck tigers. 27-24
We won't change classification until 2015, if we do. There has been some recent things occur that could prevent that. That's a different topic though.

I think these 2 teams are pretty similar. I would give the qb edge to Caldwell. I would give the line play edge to NCC. I would give the speed edge to Caldwell. I would say NCC has the edge in experience. This should be a good game. This however will be the only chance NCC will have at beating Caldwell for the next 2 years.
Blue fan Wrote:Caldwell by 18
You have never seen a football game have you? Lol
30 going on 40 Wrote:You are a moron. What is your exact definition of the phrase, "taken to the woodshed?" Have you looked at any of the past scores? A 10 pt win by you and then a 1pt. win. Followed by a 35pt win by us in '05, the same year that we lost to Beechwood.

I don't know who would win this year, but it would be a very good game. NewCath can throw the ball every down, so you don't have the same ability to pin your ears back as you did against Beechwood. How does anyone look at the scores that NewCath and Mayfield posted on Beechwood and think that either team is head and shoulders above the other?

This is one of the few years recently you even managed to beat a Beechwood team we own, heck for that matter we pretty much have owned both of you over the years as the 2 of you have combined for 1 win against us all time. Like I said, be greatful we are not in 2A. A local shirt store prints shirts that proclaim "Beechwood Football Property of the Mayfield Cardinals". If we getto go to AA they will be printing them with NCC in them instead of Beechwood.
MayfieldCardinal Wrote:This is one of the few years recently you even managed to beat a Beechwood team we own, heck for that matter we pretty much have owned both of you over the years as the 2 of you have combined for 1 win against us all time. Like I said, be greatful we are not in 2A. A local shirt store prints shirts that proclaim "Beechwood Football Property of the Mayfield Cardinals". If we getto go to AA they will be printing them with NCC in them instead of Beechwood.

Don't let logic get in the way of a good argument. You guys won two games against NewCath in the mid-80s by a combined 11 pts and you own the Breds? Makes no sense. The series is 1-2 w NewCath owning a 24 pt differential. Where is that owning anyone? I met some of the fine people of Mayfield in '05 after that game. They were very courteous after the defeat. I will pass you along as someone too young to remember. Either way, I look forward to a rematch. Also, you guys want none of what Beechwood has coming up the pipe.
MayfieldCardinal loves gigging you northern boys. No he definately isnt young. When he was he probably would have taken you out behind the woodshed for a come to Jesus meeting though. We are aware of what the wood has coming up though. We also have a great group all the way down to the 5th grade.
After seeing Caldwell Co play this past friday night beating DeSales, I can say that they run the spread very well. It took DeSales a half to really figure it out.My concern for Caldwell Co is the run defense. They had DeSales down 31-7 at one point. DeSales took the ball with 4 min to go only down 34-31, with a chance to win if they would have scored. We turned the ball over 3 times, with 2 of those in the red zone. It should have never been that close. If NCC can run the football, which i believe they will, as long as they don't get themselves in a hole like we did, I think they will win the game. But with any Championship game, turnovers can decide it. It killed us.
mysonis55 Wrote:I wouldn't say we would beat NCC hands down based on one game. I think we probably could, but we will never know. I will be rooting for Caldwell Co in this one and I think they have a chance at it. If NCC wins, they will have earned it and I and I am sure Caldwell fans will congratulate them. Good Luck to both teams and may God keep you injury free.
Let me ask this. You think Caldwell can beat mayfield?
MayfieldCardinal Wrote:This is one of the few years recently you even managed to beat a Beechwood team we own, heck for that matter we pretty much have owned both of you over the years as the 2 of you have combined for 1 win against us all time. Like I said, be greatful we are not in 2A. A local shirt store prints shirts that proclaim "Beechwood Football Property of the Mayfield Cardinals". If we getto go to AA they will be printing them with NCC in them instead of Beechwood.

Be careful what you wish for......
ColtPride Wrote:After seeing Caldwell Co play this past friday night beating DeSales, I can say that they run the spread very well. It took DeSales a half to really figure it out.My concern for Caldwell Co is the run defense. They had DeSales down 31-7 at one point. DeSales took the ball with 4 min to go only down 34-31, with a chance to win if they would have scored. We turned the ball over 3 times, with 2 of those in the red zone. It should have never been that close. If NCC can run the football, which i believe they will, as long as they don't get themselves in a hole like we did, I think they will win the game. But with any Championship game, turnovers can decide it. It killed us.

That has definitely been an issue for the Breds this year. It cost them a chance at tying the SK game w/ a minute to go. It basically gifted Beechwood their first touchdown and gave WV's starters their only score against the first team. They also have had red zone turnovers in at least 5 games, including 2 last week. If they play a clean game, the sky is the limit.

In the 7 finals games that I have watched, NewCath played clean in only 2 of them. They fumbled at the 8 going in to tie Danville which was returned for a TD. The next year they missed the game tying Xtra pt and then threw an interception with a minute to go when they were at the 25 going in. In '07, they committed about 15 false starts and the next year missed about 5 tackles on Andrews on the last play. Law of averages says that this one will be clean.
30 going on 40 Wrote:That has definitely been an issue for the Breds this year. It cost them a chance at tying the SK game w/ a minute to go. It basically gifted Beechwood their first touchdown and gave WV's starters their only score against the first team. They also have had red zone turnovers in at least 5 games, including 2 last week. If they play a clean game, the sky is the limit.

In the 7 finals games that I have watched, NewCath played clean in only 2 of them. They fumbled at the 8 going in to tie Danville which was returned for a TD. The next year they missed the game tying Xtra pt and then threw an interception with a minute to go when they were at the 25 going in. In '07, they committed about 15 false starts and the next year missed about 5 tackles on Andrews on the last play. Law of averages says that this one will be clean.

and I hope the trend keeps going! lol While I will be rooting for my Tigers to the end, either way I hope that we have a good, safe, injury-free game.
Courier-Journal Preview: http://www.usatodayhss.com/louisville/ar...2311260093
Weather for Saturday
low: 52 high: 66
partly cloudy with a 20% chance of rain
NCC better pray that it don't rain. The last time Caldwell beat us, it was in the rain. Ugly game, terrible weather. That could very well be a difference maker. I think they have a shot anyway but if it starts raining, that could be a sign.
30 going on 40 Wrote:IHigh has the NewCath Beechwood and NewCath Walton Verona among others. Cain's dad was QB for the '84 state champs. Brady Thacker is a good story. He is THE heart and soul of the team. He tore his knee up last year and the team was never the same. Not very often that an offensive lineman and linebacker has that much influence on a team.

Correction, Jim was a RB.
Yes, I believe if they had played their best game and we made some mistakes, they could have been right there. They has some issues with their line and center in particular in that game. I was sweating it coming into that game. They made several mistakes. Of course alot of teams make mistakes when the qb has #9 chasing him around. I think they get one shot of that and it kind of lingers in their minds the rest of the game.
ontopofthewest Wrote::thatsfunn

Phhhaaaaaa hahahaha.. I needed a good laugh

I watched some film on mayfield in the last few days. NCC beats mayfield 34-14. Same as they beat beechwood. Sorry to bust ur alls bubbles.
mysonis55 Wrote:NCC better pray that it don't rain. The last time Caldwell beat us, it was in the rain. Ugly game, terrible weather. That could very well be a difference maker. I think they have a shot anyway but if it starts raining, that could be a sign.
Once again, makes me wonder how educated some of you high school football fans are. Y would the rain affect NCC? I pray it rains lol. First off, the game will be played on field turf, secondly, NCC will run the ball at will. Was a down pour when they played beechwood (34-13). beechwood would beat this caldwell team by 4 tds. If the game goes like I think it will, the rain will hurt Caldwell more, they are gonna have to throw the ball.
You don't understand, there is something magical about Caldwell and the rain. Can't explain it, just happens that way. We played them in 2009 and we were undefeated, played them in the worst pouring rain mudbath you could ever imagine. They weren't having a very good season. They beat us by a td. The qb's would try to throw the ball and it literally looked like they were shot putting it. Now lighten up a little. Besides that I would say I don't think we would blow NCC out, but yes we would most definately beat them. Now go back to crying. This NKY Football doesnt mean a whole lot to a team that is 8-1 facing NKY football.
Our Tigers do love the rain! We are mudders! lol
If it rains this weekend, there won't be any mud on the field. It's fieldturf aka fake grass