Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Caldwell County vs. Newport Central Catholic (2A State Championship) 12/1
Newcath wins and brings the hardware back to The Hill AKA God's Mountain, where it belongs!!!!
I'll take NCC in this one!
DreamKiller Wrote:My proud Caldwell County Tigers will put at least 40 points on the scoreboard, and the defense will hold NCC to 27, win one for all of the public schools, and bring the 2A State Championship back with them to God's Country(western Kentucky)!
This is the same thing NCC heard in 2010 about the OC offense! I just wonder if you have watched both teams play or not? I've only watched a few minutes of Caldwell Co so far and let's just say, I'm going to finish watching but if I don't see something more the rest of the way it shouldn't be very close.
NKYfootballfan91 Wrote:I talked to a beechwood coach and he said mayfield and NCC were very similar but the Breds O and D lines were bigger and better. Realize, Caldwell has 5 seniors on a very very young team. They will be good the next few years but there is no substitute for size and experience. All of these seniors for NCC played in the 2010 2A championship game. The only good (and if I could type in a sarcastic font, I would) defense that caldwell saw was Murray and they were held to 10 points last meeting. Somersets D was very good and NCC went up and down the field. Take out three turnovers and its a blowout.

They saw Mayfields D and they are very good. To be honest if you talked to Coach Rash you seemed to have left out any comparison of any other positions? I really dont buy the comparison our lines more than held their own against lines that were big and physical all year. Graves for example had a line alot of college teams would envy in fact we really controlled the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball. Now I am not saying yall wont beat Caldwell i am pulling for them. I am just saying that Mayfield was the best defense they faced and honestly i do believe your line is bigger but i am skeptical about better
rednblackattack Wrote:They saw Mayfields D and they are very good. To be honest if you talked to Coach Rash you seemed to have left out any comparison of any other positions? I really dont buy the comparison our lines more than held their own against lines that were big and physical all year. Graves for example had a line alot of college teams would envy in fact we really controlled the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball. Now I am not saying yall wont beat Caldwell i am pulling for them. I am just saying that Mayfield was the best defense they faced and honestly i do believe your line is bigger but i am skeptical about better

Mayfield was not the best defense Beechwood faced, that title belongs to CovCath
NKYfootballfan91 Wrote:I talked to a beechwood coach and he said mayfield and NCC were very similar but the Breds O and D lines were bigger and better. Realize, Caldwell has 5 seniors on a very very young team. They will be good the next few years but there is no substitute for size and experience. All of these seniors for NCC played in the 2010 2A championship game. The only good (and if I could type in a sarcastic font, I would) defense that caldwell saw was Murray and they were held to 10 points last meeting. Somersets D was very good and NCC went up and down the field. Take out three turnovers and its a blowout.

toussaints Wrote:Mayfield was not the best defense Beechwood faced, that title belongs to CovCath

I do believe i was reponding to him saying that Murray was the best D that Caldwell saw. Which was the point i was arguing
^ my bad, I saw Beechwood and Mayfield
No worries i do the same all the time
toussaints Wrote:Mayfield was not the best defense Beechwood faced, that title belongs to CovCath

I would have agreed and you maybe right but the 2nd half saw Beechwood only have 3 yards of offense

Ok i have seen the official stats now. So i am going to be contrary and ask Wasnt that CovCat game early when BW was really banged up? I just saw Mayfield only aloud BW 130 yard of O only 8 first downs and in the second half it was only 3 yards of O and no first downs. I know CovCath was good but what were the yardage stats in that game and was BW banged up? Same thing for NewCath what kinda yardage did they allow BW. BW coach said before the game that they were as healthy as they were all year. Not saying Mayfields D was the best they played but it had to be close.
rednblackattack Wrote:Ok i have seen the official stats now. So i am going to be contrary and ask Wasnt that CovCat game early when BW was really banged up? I just saw Mayfield only aloud BW 130 yard of O only 8 first downs and in the second half it was only 3 yards of O and no first downs. I know CovCath was good but what were the yardage stats in that game and was BW banged up? Same thing for NewCath what kinda yardage did they allow BW. BW coach said before the game that they were as healthy as they were all year. Not saying Mayfields D was the best they played but it had to be close.

At this point it doesn't matter who Beechwood thought was better position by position. Mayfield and NewCath should be squaring off next week, but for this crap 6 class system, they are not. So, Caldwell Co., are they a spread attack? I saw that their numbers looked very balanced and the RB had a HUGE week against a normally solid de Sales defense.
Well a NewCath fan wanted to know as a comparison to see common opponents. I would love to see Mayfield playing in 2a and i think we have a good shot of being back there when they realign again.
That's funny because when they realign again Mayfield and Beechwood maybe in 2A while NCC may go back down to 1A all 3 teams are on the boarder of each class I know NCC enrollment isn't what it was the last enrollment so it will be interesting.
Calpreps projects this game at NCC 34 and Caldwell Co 28. That is really closer than most. That is a difference that leaves some hope for Caldwell to close the gap.
DreamKiller Wrote:My proud Caldwell County Tigers will put at least 40 points on the scoreboard, and the defense will hold NCC to 27, win one for all of the public schools, and bring the 2A State Championship back with them to God's Country(western Kentucky)!

For the last time....do u realize caldwells D has given up more rushing yards than their O has rushed for? That has never translated to good football. Also, u can take this to the bank, Hayes had 130 yards on the 1st or 2nd best D in 2A (somerset), NCCs being the other. Murray's D is a joke compared to these two teams D. NCCs D is capable of stopping caldwells Offense 9 out of 10 times and NCCs O will score on every possession, this game will not be close.
This is probably coming from someone that wouldn't know good football if it smacked him in the face. Riddle me this batman, if the best football in the state isn't in NKY (with the exception of trinity), how come 3 of the of the 12 teams in the championship games r within 15 miles of each other. 1 will 100% win, the 2nd is 98% to win and cooper is 75%.
Is this the same entity that had Owensboro catholic and CAL rated as top 5 teams lol. Where they at.......
As a Caldwell County fan, all I can say is our Tigers take advantage of any mistakes that the other teams have made all season. Mayfield did not make any, at all, they beat us bad, but from what I have seen, NCC is no where near the power of the Cardinals. We have a young team, and would really like to be here for the forseeable future. Go Tigers! :1:
Dream, I saw several of your fans on the way to Louisville Fri at the halfway stop. I was glad to be able to wish them luck. They of course returned the favor. I hope we both have as much success this Fri. You know we will be rooting for you guys again.
Sorry, Fri and Sat
I will go with Caldwell County in this one. They seem to be getting better and better each week. It's been almost 50 years since their last championship. Gotta love the underdog.
adopted purple Wrote:I will go with Caldwell County in this one. They seem to be getting better and better each week. It's been almost 50 years since their last championship. Gotta love the underdog.

They won it in 1998 over Danville.

Dreamkiller, I agree with you, NCC is not as strong as my Cards and I think you guys are going to win it
NCC beats mayfield by three TDs this year, u ppl need to get a clue.
Earlier I posted NCC wins by 4 TDS the more I watch tape I will give credit where credit is due this could be alot closer game Caldwell has improved alot and their QB is pretty good tall athletic and strong arm this team is the type of team that Ncc could have some problems with. Caldwell reminds me of Holy Cross last year! Have the same type players and came together late when it was important. Im a Northern Kentucky Football fan so I still have to go with NCC by 7
walking tall Wrote:Earlier I posted NCC wins by 4 TDS the more I watch tape I will give credit where credit is due this could be alot closer game Caldwell has improved alot and their QB is pretty good tall athletic and strong arm this team is the type of team that Ncc could have some problems with. Caldwell reminds me of Holy Cross last year! Have the same type players and came together late when it was important. Im a Northern Kentucky Football fan so I still have to go with NCC by 7
Walking tall, I think it's great that you picked NCC but Caldwell is like Holy cross was last year? HC had 100 lbs per player on Caldwell up front, at least that's what it looks like on film. HC was big strong and fast and experienced and this QB, which I think is a Good QB, is not Fuller!
NKYfootballfan91 Wrote:NCC beats mayfield by three TDs this year, u ppl need to get a clue.

Based on what? This from the guy who obviously has a bias towards his geography. You tell my why based on a real argument. I am not saying you couldnt beat us you might could but Warren Central couldnt beat us by 3 tds in a game that saw our best player out with cramps almost the entire second half. So now you are better than what most people consider the second best team in 5a. So since lowly Mayfield only beat Caldwell by 40 that means anyting less than a 61 point victory will be a failure. After that comment anything you say about somebody not knowing Football is Hypocrisy
NKYfootballfan91 Wrote:For the last time....do u realize caldwells D has given up more rushing yards than their O has rushed for? That has never translated to good football. Also, u can take this to the bank, Hayes had 130 yards on the 1st or 2nd best D in 2A (somerset), NCCs being the other. Murray's D is a joke compared to these two teams D. NCCs D is capable of stopping caldwells Offense 9 out of 10 times and NCCs O will score on every possession, this game will not be close.
This is probably coming from someone that wouldn't know good football if it smacked him in the face. Riddle me this batman, if the best football in the state isn't in NKY (with the exception of trinity), how come 3 of the of the 12 teams in the championship games r within 15 miles of each other. 1 will 100% win, the 2nd is 98% to win and cooper is 75%.

Riddle me this batmite what team is 8 n 1 against Northern Ky football? Including a 2 to 1 record against NCC.
Even if Caldwell County doesn't fulfill its destiny Saturday morning, we will be just fine, as we lose 7 talented players, but only 1 skill position starter and that is a WR! We will be bringing back 19 starters, and 15 of those are sophomores or freshmen! Sindelar and Boyd are sophomores and Cain is a freshmen, and our middle school teams went undefeated! Look for Caldwell's Double Tiger set to be a regular sight in BG on the 1st weekend in December for the forseeable future.
Im not saying they are as good as Holy Cross was last year they are younger but run same offence younger but same type players yes they are also lighter. Fast RB, Nice QB, good WR if the QB playes half as good as fuller played in the playoffs and championship they have a fighting chance.
Now wait just a minute there Dreamkiller. I am very much in yalls corner and I think yall have a great chance. I also think yall will be awesome next year as well. What I have to rebut you on here is the middle school teams. I think a team wearing red and black took them out behind the woodshed this year. I believe I saw that, yeah, yeah, I am certain of that one as that was one of my boys last games of the year. Don't buy in to what these guys are saying on there though. NKY football is where they invented football you know. Seems like we have had a pretty good record versus NKY football. There is one team over there we hold a 6-0 record against. There is another one that wears blue and gold that I think our record is 2-1 against. I think that would, yeah, yeah that would make a winning record wouldn't it.
Like I said, NCC is greatful we are in 1A and they know it. Heck we have a taken them to the woodshed everytime we have played them but 1 and they loose to Beechwood most years. This year we would beat NCC by 3 tds. Sorry we have some uninformed NCC folks on here