•  Previous
  • 4(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belfry vs. Central (3A State Championship) 11/30
Coachdad Wrote:Were fully loaded regardless of who plays. Backup qb , no problem, backup tailback, no problem, our best 2 linemen missed the game @ Wayne co #54 & 55, no problem,
There is a reason central dresses 107 the back-ups are good and waiting there chance.

and dont think for a second that we aint loaded either.....we aint Wayne,Bell nor Monroe.....you know as well as I do if you get down on us we are gonna beat ya down and smack ya in the mouth....so I hope you are at full strength...Cause this is gonna be the best game in the finals once again....
A 1500 yard rusher got beat out week 14? Wow... Certainly makes it tough for Belfry to know who to game plan for!
Coachdad Wrote:Were fully loaded regardless of who plays. Backup qb , no problem, backup tailback, no problem, our best 2 linemen missed the game @ Wayne co #54 & 55, no problem,
There is a reason central dresses 107 the back-ups are good and waiting there chance.
107 kids so when Belfry wins it should be more like winning a 4A or 5A Championship. But it comes down to the best 2 in the 3A state. They will be bringing the PIRATE TRAIN, so get on board or get ran over.
If anybody isn't gonna be at full strength in this game I would say it would be Belfry since they're best playmaker will be out (Justin Johnson) but it didn't hurt us too bad against Bourbon so it shouldn't matter this game either. I just don't wanna hear any excuses from either side after this game as to why they lost. No if's this player wouldn't have been out or got hurt or wasn't 100% we would have won. I feel that whoever wins will be the best 3a team in the state no matter which team has players hurt or what.
BTW Coachdad,

That explanation about Cox isn't believable man. Just saying.
Hopefully there's some good hardware stores with a nice supply of nails...
So we can get Austin Hatfield his pre-game meal (:
#5 and #7 with #11 all ran very good. But watch and see if the #4 Taylor kid dont make a big difference this week. The Johnson kid is a very good and fast running back but Belfry has been holding out with #4 Taylor. If this kid gets to the edge it will be for 25yrds plus everytime. I promise he to hits like Hatfield and the rest of them. Belfrys game plan will be different this week, they have not shown there entire hand trust me.
The game will be won up front, just like every big football game is won.
Going to be good game. Central has to much speed, 28-13
Belfry has not played anyone this season that can compare to the D they will see this week. Good luck Pirates you will need it.
Amped 88 Wrote:Belfry has not played anyone this season that can compare to the D they will see this week. Good luck Pirates you will need it.

LUCK is what Central got last year Look out the Pirates will wear Centrals line down If you want to wish someone good luck save it for Dale Jr next year . He truly needs it..
yrfleb1# Wrote:LUCK is what Central got last year Look out the Pirates will wear Centrals line down If you want to wish someone good luck save it for Dale Jr next year . He truly needs it..

Belfry will be lucky to be in the game the second half. This one could end up like 2010 before all said and done.
T
Amped 88 Wrote:Belfry will be lucky to be in the game the second half. This one could end up like 2010 before all said and done.

Sounds like your Amped on drugs....Central hasn't played a team like Belfry this year either other than Bell..and bell ran all over them....so before you respond you Damn right belfry can play with the 6A team's central played....and you bet your ass belfry will be there in the second half...that's when we play our best ball....you guys will have to rely on the big play once again.....these mountain boys are bout to stick it to ya pal.....
Is it Friday yet? Central knows that we give them the best game ever! 3A championships are always the best! 2010 was a fluke...no excuses; however, they will definitely know who BELFRY is this yr! I am packed and ready!!! Best entertainment that has come from Louisville Central is their band! I will give it to them!!!! I enjoy watching them on the other side! They know how to have fun!!!...lol...Do they even watch the game?
It appears Bell's best victory is now Deris Cox potentially being injured for Central.

The Bobcats now have an excuse they can justify their team being on par with Belfry if the Pirates prove a more formidable opponent again this season. Big Grin
Belfry 24 Louisville Central 22
Have watched Belfry this year you just dont seem to know what your talking bout
blazinky Wrote:Is it Friday yet? Central knows that we give them the best game ever! 3A championships are always the best! 2010 was a fluke...no excuses; however, they will definitely know who BELFRY is this yr! I am packed and ready!!! Best entertainment that has come from Louisville Central is their band! I will give it to them!!!! I enjoy watching them on the other side! They know how to have fun!!!...lol...Do they even watch the game?

Give credit where credit is due. 2010 was no fluke. Central had the better team and they took the young Pirate team to the woodshed. Belfry really was not a championship caliber team. But they caught a hot streak, and benefitted from several good breaks during the playoffs, and reached the finals that year. When they got there, Central was just a superior team and Belfry got blown out.
boys dont forget bout 54 he is
a beast and the leader of the o-line most yardage has came off his side
we will next year
thanks JC way to go this season one of the tuffest games we had this year
Belfry is playing unstoppable right now watch out Central.TongueirateSho
Buc-a-roo Wrote:Give credit where credit is due. 2010 was no fluke. Central had the better team and they took the young Pirate team to the woodshed. Belfry really was not a championship caliber team. But they caught a hot streak, and benefitted from several good breaks during the playoffs, and reached the finals that year. When they got there, Central was just a superior team and Belfry got blown out.
Of all that was stated in that passage...You harp on terminology? No one is taking anything away from Central! They haven't been state champs because they are nondeserving! They have players that have been recruited to various colleges throughout the state and elsewhere! Central is definitely a class act! We wanted to play them again! The 2010 game reminded me if the Franklin-Simpson game when Belfry first entered the state championships...Calm down Buc a roo...No one is trash talking Louisville Central! We Pirates have much respect for this team! We are just ready to beat them...lol...I do realize that you are a Pirate also, but quit nit-picking!!!
First of all to anybody who doesn't think belfry has he beat defense in Kentucky you need to watch some film or do some research no one in 3 a can run in us. And don't let me get started on offense we have 2 power backs that will truck you and can pop loose at any time. We have all senior O line except one that a sophomore a junior qb that can run and pass and those 3 backs are great. And how dare you compare belfry football to any team central has played in the playoffs we'd beat those teams by 30. #bandofbrothers.#thetruechampishere.
blazinky Wrote:Of all that was stated in that passage...You harp on terminology? No one is taking anything away from Central! They haven't been state champs because they are nondeserving! They have players that have been recruited to various colleges throughout the state and elsewhere! Central is definitely a class act! We wanted to play them again! The 2010 game reminded me if the Franklin-Simpson game when Belfry first entered the state championships...Calm down Buc a roo...No one is trash talking Louisville Central! We Pirates have much respect for this team! We are just ready to beat them...lol...I do realize that you are a Pirate also, but quit nit-picking!!!
Not nit picking, just offering my opinion. Sounds like we agree, you just used a word I thought didn't fit the situation. We're on the same side but there is nothing wrong with us having different opinions. Maybe I didn't come off the right way in the wording, because written words are inadequate in conveying emotion, but I was not upset or trying to be argumentative.

You say calm down, I say don't be so thin skinned. TongueirateSho

I agree with everything else you say. We WANT Central and I am glad they won their game with Monroe Co. Bring on the Yellowjackets.

I thought the 2010 game was reminiscent of the 79 game with Franklin Simpson too in that the game got away from us and snowballed. That 79 game we ended up with our entire backfield out of the game and Joker and Baird and Co just ran away with it. Tough tough loss that will stick with me for a very long time.
Both Belfry teams were very much alike...Played with much heart!!! The seniors on both teams were the leaders. The entire yr both sets of players heard that they were not as talented as groups in the past, and that they were lucky to have gotten where they were! To be honest...I do agree that Louisville Central was the more explosive team that year, and the score really did not reflect the game...Louisville Central did run away with it toward the end, but football is a team sport and to have gotten that far I feel as if they earned my respect regardless!! Proving that they may not have been the most talented of teams, but heart, dedication, and work ethic means a great deal! I have seen tons of talent wasted on that field..Sad
Pirate1991#8 Wrote:T

Sounds like your Amped on drugs....Central hasn't played a team like Belfry this year either other than Bell..and bell ran all over them....so before you respond you Damn right belfry can play with the 6A team's central played....and you bet your ass belfry will be there in the second half...that's when we play our best ball....you guys will have to rely on the big play once again.....these mountain boys are bout to stick it to ya pal.....

Sorry not a Central fan. I am a Bell Co fan.
Shows where your loyalties lie! Guarantee that Belfry would be supporting Bell to bring it home to the Mountains! As a matter of fact, I have loaded up a bunch of Boys and traveled to state tournaments in support of Bell!TongueirateShoTongueirateSho
Amped 88 Wrote:Sorry not a Central fan. I am a Bell Co fan.
Amped 88 Wrote:Belfry will be lucky to be in the game the second half. This one could end up like 2010 before all said and done.

So, You are saying Bell is that much better than Belfry?Confusedhh:
blazinky Wrote:Shows where your loyalties lie! Guarantee that Belfry would be supporting Bell to bring it home to the Mountains! As a matter of fact, I have loaded up a bunch of Boys and traveled to state tournaments in support of Bell!TongueirateShoTongueirateSho

Didn't never say that I wasn't supporting Belfry just stating what I think will happen Sorry if it offends you.
  •  Previous
  • 4(current)
  • Next