•  Previous
  • 3(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belfry vs. Central (3A State Championship) 11/30
I like Belfry in this game. I think Belfry is just playing flat out better football then Central right now.:Thumbs:
as one of the biggest Belfry fans there is ,now in Arkansas,i will be there again this yr,like the last 2 LORD WILLING,but dont get to puffed up,remember,they have won the last 4-5yrs, and the last couple games,there starting qb has not played but 4 downs,not sure if he plays this one or not,but he makes a difference,if Belfry wins,it wont be in a blowout,Central defense is that good.....GO Pirates
Belfry-16
Central-14
Central always plays a tough schedule and is ready for the playoffs, but I will be rooting for the Pirates.
Are the games covered live on Ihigh?
Twitter: @tc_analytics

Does any one have any rosters of the teams. Or starting lineups?
adopted purple Wrote:Central always plays a tough schedule and is ready for the playoffs, but I will be rooting for the Pirates.

Looking forward to another trip to Bowling Green..love that area.:Thumbs:
Belfry 15
Central 14
\
HappyGilmore Wrote:Belfry 7 - Central 0

Are we the home team this year? I hope we are so we can wear all red.

Yes, should be the home team
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I can only hope our boys want it BAD... I am so excited.
TheBrahmaBull Wrote:Are the games covered live on Ihigh?

I think they will be, they have covered them the last 4 to 6 years that i know of. i sure hope they do case i wanna watch all of them this year...

Oh yea i am rooting for the big red machine!
fence jumper Wrote:Belfry is just like most of these mountain teams around here,better put in the forward pass.harlan didnt seen what happen to them.

Bell and Harlan County would give their right arm to have a capable passing QB like Sani Warren and a TE like Messer. Belfry's passing ability far supercedes what Bell and HCHS offers, Belfry has only been asked to use it twice this season though because their ground game has been so prolific.
I think it's Belfry's year.
Back up qb brings a different style, he is the drop back throwing qb. Gibbs is smaller and much quicker. He is the option qb who also started at cb and wr last year. Both very good players just different styles.
Belfry takes it this year!
William Muney Wrote:Back up qb brings a different style, he is the drop back throwing qb. Gibbs is smaller and much quicker. He is the option qb who also started at cb and wr last year. Both very good players just different styles.

They are different style qb's. They are both pretty good.

Central wins this one. There defense is what Belfry has no match for. Belfry has success early then Central shuts them down.

Central 28
Belfry 14
This Belfry team gets stronger as the goes on. If they are able to jump on Central early it could be a hole that Central finds its self hard to get out of this time.
lunaticfringe Wrote:This Belfry team gets stronger as the goes on. If they are able to jump on Central early it could be a hole that Central finds its self hard to get out of this time.

Don't think they can score enough to get ahead of Central with their style of O. Central's D is just too tough for Belfry. And by the way Central will be on turf a little faster for them.
Read the article in the Louisville Courier Journal and it sounds like Derus Cox went out VERY early with injury and did not return against Monroe County.

Anyone know his status for this coming week? Central was down when he went out so one would have to assume that if he could have gone, he would have continued playing.
PaytoPlay Wrote:Read the article in the Louisville Courier Journal and it sounds like Derus Cox went out VERY early with injury and did not return against Monroe County.

Anyone know his status for this coming week? Central was down when he went out so one would have to assume that if he could have gone, he would have continued playing.

Very interesting. But don't fool yourself they have more.
Just going by what you predicted Amped, "Belfry will have success early". If they are able to have success early it could be a tough hole for Central to dig themselves out of. Belfry's defense will be the best D Central has seen in 3A. For the record Belfry plays all home games on turf, and several away games. Field turf is a far cry from turf of old. Its about playing disciplined, and this Belfry team has been playing some swarming disciplined football. No dought this is going to be a good game. Could go either way!
Amped 88 Wrote:They are different style qb's. They are both pretty good.

Central wins this one. There defense is what Belfry has no match for. Belfry has success early then Central shuts them down.

Central 28
Belfry 14

This has been so true during the playoffs, but like Lunatic said...This Belfry Band of Brothers just dont quit...They continue to pound and press on the entire 4 quarters....I do believe that the team that gets the first numbers on the board will be the the team that pulls it out....It will be a battle to say the least! Like I stated before..There is an UGLY history and there is UNFINISHED business on these young mens' minds...They are on a mission and I have never seen them so happy as when they found out that Central pulled it out last week and won! They wanted to meet them again! They let it slip through their hands last yr and I just don't see it happening again! Once the playoffs began, this was their destiny! The ANGRY RED D is one of the BEST Defenses in the state of KY right now! If Central puts that ball in the air, they chance losing it because we have had more interceptions and turn overs do to this DEFENSES' uncanny ability to be where they need to be! They make things happen! I ADORE these young men and love watching them play! They don't let speculation and doubt cloud their thinking! They get the job done! As for the O-line...(one of the least appreciated groups out there) They will fix their splits and Mr. Warren will be protected! Is it Friday? Let the games begin!
Amped,

I hope they come fully loaded frankly. Don't get me wrong, I'll take a Belfry win any way I can get it, but I'd rather there be no doubt.
PaytoPlay Wrote:Read the article in the Louisville Courier Journal and it sounds like Derus Cox went out VERY early with injury and did not return against Monroe County.

Cox did not start the game he got beat out in practice that week, THAT'S why he didn't play but 4 downs , there's nothing wrong with him but a little stiff competition.
PaytoPlay Wrote:Amped,

I hope they come fully loaded frankly. Don't get me wrong, I'll take a Belfry win any way I can get it, but I'd rather there be no doubt.
Were fully loaded regardless of who plays. Backup qb , no problem, backup tailback, no problem, our best 2 linemen missed the game @ Wayne co #54 & 55, no problem,
There is a reason central dresses 107 the back-ups are good and waiting there chance.
^ Good. I expect a war Friday.
Good luck Belfry!
Bring it home Pirates.
PaytoPlay Wrote:Amped,

See Ace Wales last year
^ As Central's ability to send the next guy in and still prevail? No doubt about that.
  •  Previous
  • 3(current)
  • Next