•  Previous
  • 2(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belfry vs. Central (3A State Championship) 11/30
^ Wideleft? You feeling ok buddy? Thanks for the compliment to Belfry and can't argue one bit with the prediction.

I think once again, the 3A title game will be the best of the weekend.
I said last night that it's hard to beat Central. You can drive a stake in them and you look over and they are still kicking enough to make a big play or two against you. I think Central's MO is definitely defense. I do like Belfry's chances against the Jackets based on Belfry's O line and overall D. Belfry MUST hang on to the football. They have been very fortunate to get many of their fumbles back.
Bring it back home BELFRY Prestonsburg is pulling for you
Belfry by 6
BoondockSaint Wrote:WideRight05 and coachdad, just so the record is set straight.

I don't like you, either of you.

I'm hoping like crazy for a Pirate win, but even if it doesn't happen I know our alums will outnumber "you".

Lovely. :please: I'm sure you just ruined their holiday season.
History says Central. I'm sticking with history. Good luck to both teams. Should be one of the more competitive finals games.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The Cannon Still Roars.....
I'd say the Pirates fans will greatly outnumber the central fans. After all, this is just a little ole "3A game that most central fans don't attend. Most of them have lives outside of high school football." All Belfry has to do is limit turnovers cause that's the only way central mainly produces.

Go Pirates

Belfry 20
Central 14
Belfry has knocked out two undefeated teams (Bourbon & Breathitt). Central has hobbled through the playoffs with an average margin of victory of 5 points and all come from behind wins, while Belfry has has an average margin of victory of 31 points. I think Belfry wins by 14+, this team is on a misson and I would'nt want to be in Central's shoes right now
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Belfry 28 central 21 go belfry 64SUR :1:
BelfryPride Wrote:Belfry has knocked out two undefeated teams (Bourbon & Breathitt). Central has hobbled through the playoffs with an average margin of victory of 5 points and all come from behind wins, while Belfry has has an average margin of victory of 31 points. I think Belfry wins by 14+, this team is on a misson and I would'nt want to be in Central's shoes right now

Well, Central has also played the MUCH MUCH tougher side of the bracket. Let's face it, the east is basically a cake walk every year for Belfry, and it's not because Belfry is just THAT good, it's that everyone else in the east is THAT bad. Not saying it's not impressive that Belfry is there each and every year, it shows their consistency. I just don't believe the east is that tough. I'm rooting for Belfry to bring a title to the mountains, but Central wont go down without a fight.
Does anyone have any clips of Central they can post?
Makes no sense to me why Bell Co is in the west. With both schools only a couple of hours from each other, Belfry vs. Bell Co would be a fun match up every year! Maybe they just start the season every year with each other. Just to settle the bragging rights for best 3A team in the mountains. Then again if Belfry can take care if business in Bowling Green then it will be settled any way
Will be in Bowling Green once again...Cheering on my Pirates! This is our year! Belfry in a nail biter...Belfry 21 Central 20
BellCoFaithful Wrote:Well, Central has also played the MUCH MUCH tougher side of the bracket. Let's face it, the east is basically a cake walk every year for Belfry, and it's not because Belfry is just THAT good, it's that everyone else in the east is THAT bad. Not saying it's not impressive that Belfry is there each and every year, it shows their consistency. I just don't believe the east is that tough. I'm rooting for Belfry to bring a title to the mountains, but Central wont go down without a fight.

As much as I hate to admit it, you're right.

And like lunaticfringe said, Bell Co. should be in the east with us.
Thanks Mayfield!
QUOTE=Can you dig it?;1549486]Lovely. :please: I'm sure you just ruined their holiday season.
History says Central. I'm sticking with history. Good luck to both teams. Should be one of the more competitive finals games.[/QUOTE]

History is just that! History...We are ready to make some NEW History Smile
Bourbon got some good penetration shooting the gap between center and guard. I haven't seen Central but I'm sure there athletic speed will be a problem if Belfry doesn't tighten up there splits. Once there defensive guard lined up in the gap he was getting to the QB before he could get the hand off.
Its Belfrys year and I'm so glad it will be against central. This O-line is on a mission and if centrals d-line is that fast our boy will adjust. We must hold on to the ball. Johnson may not play that game at state but trust me #4 is ready and just as fast if not faster. It will be a dog fight because THE BELFRY PIRATES dont quit either. Belfry 35 Central 16
I agree that Belfrys O-line is one of there big strengths. Just making a suggestion, that I'm sure will be picked up on during film Monday. I know the assignments of the O-line, and when running the vere it's hard to pull out of the full back when he is getting hit in the back field. It wasn't all night but happened several times when the splits were big enough to drive a truck through. Mostly on one side.
[quote=BellCoFaithful]Well, Central has also played the MUCH MUCH tougher side of the bracket. Let's face it, the east is basically a cake walk every year for Belfry, and it's not because Belfry is just THAT good, it's that everyone else in the east is THAT bad. Not saying it's not impressive that Belfry is there each and every year, it shows their consistency. I just don't believe the east is that tough. I'm rooting for Belfry to bring a title to the mountains, but Central wont go down without a fight.[/QUOT

well Belfry is THAT good.....the Way we are playing right now we are the Best in 3A...In my opinion nobody in the west is three touchdowns better than Breathitt or Bourbon
Central's reign comes to an end this Friday in Bowling Green!
lunaticfringe Wrote:I agree that Belfrys O-line is one of there big strengths. Just making a suggestion, that I'm sure will be picked up on during film Monday. I know the assignments of the O-line, and when running the vere it's hard to pull out of the full back when he is getting hit in the back field. It wasn't all night but happened several times when the splits were big enough to drive a truck through. Mostly on one side.
Totally agrees and has always been a sort of weakness, but Coach Haywood is on a mission and I can guarantee you that he is working on it right now....I am sooo excited!Confusedinglepar
The left side of the line had enormous splits at times during the game. At one point in the 3rd quarter, I thought we were in a new formation because Carr was so wide at Wing Back.

One thing is for sure. With the expection of a handful of plays, the Pirates have really executed beautifully on offense these past two weeks. Far better execution than earlier in the season. When they run triple option, it has been crisp and well blocked. Ditto for the quick pitch.
The splits will be smaller this week.
Belfry is just like most of these mountain teams around here,better put in the forward pass.harlan didnt seen what happen to them.
Belfry 7 - Central 0

Are we the home team this year? I hope we are so we can wear all red.
lunaticfringe Wrote:I agree that Belfrys O-line is one of there big strengths. Just making a suggestion, that I'm sure will be picked up on during film Monday. I know the assignments of the O-line, and when running the vere it's hard to pull out of the full back when he is getting hit in the back field. It wasn't all night but happened several times when the splits were big enough to drive a truck through. Mostly on one side.
I 2 agree with the split on the side your talking about. Take a good look at #75 May and #57 Jude these are big boys and fast. Dont get me wrong that other side is big fast and tough also plus #55 the center these are all great all around young men. When they pull #75 and #57 and Carr or one of these other guy get in behind them its hard to slow that down. I must give kodo's to them all. This team is clicking on all 11 celanders (close enough) LOL If we tighten up the O-line and hold onto the football Central will not know what hit them.
HappyGilmore Wrote:Belfry 7 - Central 0

Are we the home team this year? I hope we are so we can wear all red.
No, we are the visitors. One the the players said they had to wear there white jerseys
piratepride90 Wrote:No, we are the visitors. One the the players said they had to wear there white jerseys

Thanks
There will be plenty of RED!!!
I love this Belfry team its a brotherhood. One of best O-Lines in Ky and the D man!!!! Bring it home guys!!
  •  Previous
  • 2(current)
  • Next