•  Previous
  • 10(current)
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belfry vs. Central (3A State Championship) 11/30
Belfry!
I went to Belfry. I did not play football; it doesn't matter. As long as I can remember, Pirate football has been in my blood. I've had friends and family members play, cheer, coach and support Belfry. From the first game I remember seeing them play at the old Johns Creek High, then stepping up in the '70s to play the Bluebirds and Juggernauts of the day, to making it to the final game for the 9th time now - it's a part of me. Yeah, it's partly the "small town" thing. It's what we have, it's what we know, it's what we cherish. It's what we take pride in. I'm nearly 50, and I have butterflies like you wouldn't believe. I do every time. So what? If this team, this program, this community did not represent great values and morals, I would not support them. But they do. And I take pride in that. I'll be at the game today, rooting and hoping for a victory. But no matter the outcome, I will continue to love and support this team/fan base/community. It's a part of me.
Belfry 24 Central 13 Good luck Pirates
Food for thought a few hours before kickoff.

Record:
Code:
Central 12 - 2
Belfry  12 - 2

SoS Total (Playoffs)
Central 101 - 68 (35 -15) :8 teams finished Season with a winning record
Belfry  89 - 78 (32 - 18) :7 teams finished Season with a winning record

Central clearly played stiffer competition as always probably the toughest schedule in 3A. Things are almost equal when it comes to the playoffs with Central having the edge.

Points Scored / Allowed
Code:
Belfry  576 / 180  (396 Total Margin of Victory)
Central 414 / 179  (235 Total Margin of Victory)

Playoffs:
Belfry 178 / 49  (129 Margin of Victory)
Central 131 / 61 (69 Margin of Victory)

The Pirates have been amazing in the Playoffs while Central has struggled. Many would say that Central has had the tougher games but I think the playoff SOS is pretty equal.

Rushing Date
Code:
Yards (Gained / Allowed )
Belfry   4671 / 2046 / 10.3 YPC on 452 Attempts
Central  3455 / 1835 / 6.2 YPC on 550 Attempts

The Pirates have ran all over everyone this year (as always) and have a stable of backs that can hurt you. Central has gained yards on the ground by pure attempts. Cox may be the man with the yards but as always it's going to come down to what the QB can do on the ground.

Passing Data:
Code:
Yards (Gained / Allowed)
Central  1325 / 831 / 7 Ints
Belfry   1025 / 938 / 2 Ints

Team QB Efficiency (NFL Style QB Rating)
Belfry  118.41 (50% Completion)
Central 83.39  (51.% Completion)

I think the Pirates passing attack is far superior to what Central brings. The jackets are more of a home run team with only 3 receivers sharing the load. Belfry has spread this out to 5 - 6 different players making everyone a threat in the passing game.

Defensive
Code:
Interceptions
Belfry 19 w/ 1 Pick 6
Central 10 w/ 2 Pick 6's

Fumble Recoveries ( not always defensive)
Belfry 14 w/ 1 TD
Central N/A

Tackles
Belfry  7 Players with 50+ / 2 Players with 100 +
Central 4 Players with 50+ / 1 Player with 100 +

Without Centrals fumble data it's hard to judge but Belfry clearly beats the Jackets on the Int front, the Belfry D are ball hawks and with the shaky Central passing game I hope to see a pick or two.

On paper Belfry is the better team but the games aren't played on paper. I still think the Pirates win this one

Belfry 26
Central 21
Competition not even close
I hope belfry wins...but speed kills....central 20 belfry 14
Coachdad Wrote:Competition not even close

Congrats on the Big East Title. I'm sure your son is elated.
I'm coming to you live from Bowling Green, Ky! Beautiful weather, sunny and warm!!! Saw lots of Belfry Red on the trip. Hope we come out of BG with a big W!! Go Pirates!!!
Go Belfry!
AtlPirateFan Wrote:Congrats on the Big East Title. I'm sure your son is elated.
So am I
Coachdad Wrote:So am I

Oh I'm sure. You must be one proud papa. Your son is a class act and possibly the best tackle in the country even as a SO.
Go pirates bring it home. From Ashland
Coachdad Wrote:So am I

I second the notion.... I am a Kentucky fan through and through, but I respect where Strong has the uL program and the job Jurich is doing as an AD> I am sure you are umped about the ACC move as well. If UL plays at Georgia Tech before your son graduates we'll have to grab a Varsity Dog before the game.

Good luck to your Jackets today...just not enough luck that a perfectly thrown football is caught in the very corner of the endzone like last year Wink
Sorry can't say congrats on the big east title I bleed blue and we all know how deep that rivalry runs. Good luck to the jackets though? Will you be attending the BCS game coachdad?
45 Minutes to kickoff. Man it's creeping by.
I like Belfry and hope they win but Belfry had a pretty easy schedule during the playoffs and never had to play away from home and Central played away at Bell,Co. Speed kills and I know Central not playing well but I said Belfry 22-20. But dont be suprised if Central dont win this one going away by TDs or more I hope not.
Im going to stir the pot a little for all of my fellow Pirate supporters. Each year Belfry/Central have played Ive been optismistic and all always picked the Pirates. Who doesnt pick their home town team? Well Im a very superstitous person and Im going to try and change the football gods thoughts on this. As in the past I picked my Pirates and was dealt a devastating blow but this year Im going to make a prediction of........................

Central 27
Belfry 14

Maybe I can fool the football gods for about 2:30 to 3:00 hours and allow Belfry to break the curse.
tomcatfan722000 Wrote:Sorry can't say congrats on the big east title I bleed blue and we all know how deep that rivalry runs. Good luck to the jackets though? Will you be attending the BCS game coachdad?

yes
tomcatfan722000 Wrote:Sorry can't say congrats on the big east title I bleed blue and we all know how deep that rivalry runs. Good luck to the jackets though? Will you be attending the BCS game coachdad?

Coachdad Wrote:yes

plus you dont need to apologize for not congratulating the cards , but if it were me i would congratulate some one even a perfect stranger if they were in a similar position ,not everybody is classy enough to do that , i want uk to do well every game except one . its not that serious to me, life is bigger than having some unwarranted hatred for other humans.
Well I'll tell ya I'm very superstitious I never say "my" team is gonna win , I simply state the facts & let the chips fall where they may, usually when you do all that big talk , you lose
Congrats to Belfry on a hard fought game, with our defense I didn't think Belfry would score , but like I said had I said that belfry might have scored in bunches.
Congrats to my CENTRAL YELLOWJACKETS !
49-1 in class 3A since 07 57-2 since 06 !
Coachdad Wrote:Well I'll tell ya I'm very superstitious I never say "my" team is gonna win , I simply state the facts & let the chips fall where they may, usually when you do all that big talk , you lose
Congrats to Belfry on a hard fought game, with our defense I didn't think Belfry would score , but like I said had I said that belfry might have scored in bunches.
Congrats to my CENTRAL YELLOWJACKETS !
49-1 in class 3A since 07 57-2 since 06 !
BIG Talk?...LOL

Pot calling the Kettle! Those two teams that took that field yesterday were 2 of the best teams in the state of Kentucky! To say that one was any better than the other is a farce! Although the Pirates came up short handed on the score board, it was an all out war on the field. I am not sure how anyone can make a statement that either defense was any better than the other...Both teams had difficulty moving the ball against them.....Congratulations Central! Still very proud to be a PIRATE!
in my honest opinion belfry was the better team, the Defense did an OUTSTANDING job, just couldent come out with the big W.
bigredmachine4620 Wrote:in my honest opinion belfry was the better team, the Defense did an OUTSTANDING job, just couldent come out with the big W.

The better team gets the W...plain and simple.

And I'm a Belfry fan.
  •  Previous
  • 10(current)