Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sean Woods suspended one game
He deserves more than a one game suspension
I don't think he deserved any sort of suspension. Just a warning in physically pushing a player. There is much better methods to gettin through to a player than that.
He didn't deserve anything. Much ado about nothing. Everyone has just gotten too soft. Next thing you know, we will want to start suspending coaches who yell out on the court to their players on National Television and saying "You selfish Mother F*&($%^%"
So he has a right to shove his players and turn into Bob Knight and nothing be done about it?
Stardust Wrote:He didn't deserve anything. Much ado about nothing. Everyone has just gotten too soft. Next thing you know, we will want to start suspending coaches who yell out on the court to their players on National Television and saying "You selfish Mother F*&($%^%"

Physically pushing a player isn't even close to calling someone a name. This man is supposed to be a father figure to these guys. Maybe he should have taken him out back and paddled him after the game. But to push him on live television and yell in his face belittleing him is WAY overboard. They have places for people like Sean Woods. Anger management classes or a sports announcer for espn.
4_real Wrote:Physically pushing a player isn't even close to calling someone a name. This man is supposed to be a father figure to these guys. Maybe he should have taken him out back and paddled him after the game. But to push him on live television and yell in his face belittleing him is WAY overboard. They have places for people like Sean Woods. Anger management classes or a sports announcer for espn.

if they cant handled getting YELLED at they dont need to play,but it dont need to b curse words,i was going to say they probally get yelled at louder at home, but that dont happen any more either...
Has the second coach been suspended? The player was MOVED physically from the 2nd coaches hand shoving at his hip, not the hand that Woods placed on his shoulder! And I agree, let's FOREVER Fire coaches who scream in their players faces. I don't like it, but as soon as we do, we lose two prominent head coaches in the state of Kentucky tonight!
coach cal didn't push jones in the back and call him a selfish mfer, he just called him a selfish mfer..sean woods pushed this guy out of anger and when he gave him some lip back he felt the need to make him look like a baby
cuppett777 Wrote:if they cant handled getting YELLED at they dont need to play,but it dont need to b curse words,i was going to say they probally get yelled at louder at home, but that dont happen any more either...

let go of the old and grab on to the new..
Funny dusty, you was hammering cal hard over cussing.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Funny dusty, you was hammering cal hard over cussing.

And I'm not backing off of that. You obviously did not see my hyperbole... Wink
cuppett777 Wrote:if they cant handled getting YELLED at they dont need to play,but it dont need to b curse words,i was going to say they probally get yelled at louder at home, but that dont happen any more either...
Looks like the kid handled it pretty well. You think the kid handed out the suspension? Being a coach does not give him the right to lay one finger on a player. Yell all you want, but don't touch them. No one has a right to push or shove anybody, under any circumstance.
WHAT!?!?!?!?! You missed a free-throw, *slap* How DARE you not run at what I consider full speed *punch* You don't like it? Tell me that you want hit again! Say, 'Coach, hit me again', SAY IT! *punch*

I guess the above would be okay as well Wink
I think he got a slap on the wrist..
Really can't believe they let that fly the way they are..
It hurt my feelings seeing him treat that kid the way he did..
LWC Wrote:WHAT!?!?!?!?! You missed a free-throw, *slap* How DARE you not run at what I consider full speed *punch* You don't like it? Tell me that you want hit again! Say, 'Coach, hit me again', SAY IT! *punch*

I guess the above would be okay as well Wink

If he punched or slapped the kid we wouldn't be arguing about this right now...
I've seen kids get hugged or slapped on the butt harder than the kid got shoved.
zaga_fan Wrote:If he punched or slapped the kid we wouldn't be arguing about this right now...
I've seen kids get hugged or slapped on the butt harder than the kid got shoved.

:thatsfunn
If you people really thank that was a shove I hope you never get in a street fight.

Another example of ESPN creating their own story.
zaga_fan Wrote:If he punched or slapped the kid we wouldn't be arguing about this right now...

He's a sure fire NBA superstar, because that was a tremendous flop.....
if Woods had 500 wins and success in the NCAA tournament, not only would he have not been suspended, this would not be an issue at all.

again, i give you Nick Saban and AJ McCarron
[YOUTUBE="Saban gives McCarron a spankin'"]iRjDVsw-eQU[/YOUTUBE]
It was nothing.
One game was to much.

Time and time again, i received a harsher punishment in pee wee football.
You all would have hated my life growing up. smh.

"Shoved". My grandmother pats me on the back harder than that when she says hello.
Notice the sarcasm in my post.
My coach would've never made a full season the way he'd yell at us and smack our tails and leave handprints. But never did I think he was out of line. That's coaching, but in Sean Woods case he missed the kids tail by 4-6 inches. I really don't see that big of a deal though.
No deal here at all. Sad and undeserved for Woods. His back-talking, punk, cry-baby player might have deserved the one game suspension.

As Dusty said, everyone's become too soft.
Strikeout King Wrote:So he has a right to shove his players and turn into Bob Knight and nothing be done about it?

Knight got away with it for a long, long time. Not saying it's right, but true. Biggest bully in the history of college basketball. As far as I'm concerned the biggest piece of shit as well. Worst commentator on ESPN and what really sucks is how everyone else on there kisses his butt. Digger would marry him in a New York minute.:Angry07:
It's coaching. ESPN blew this way out of proportion. The player has an attitude. If you watch the clip it looks like he had his fists balled up ready tp hit woods...
should not touch a player at all. Say your peace and move on to the next play.
Morehead was in the game because o[SIZE=4]f [SIZE=4]Woods' intensity[SIZE=4], [SIZE=4]suck it up..[SIZE=4]too much litigation, that's what's wrong with this country now! He did nothing wrong.
[/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE]
After reading some of your comments, maybe you should watch the young mans reaction..
He didn't know what to do really..
A slap on the ass is one thing saying good job is one thing..
Getting pushed around is another..