Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Southeast Combine @ Lynn Camp
I was told that Daniel Pugh ran the fastest time at the combine with a 4.6, 40 time.( I know he ran a 4.6 just not sure if it was the fastest or not) This is pretty good considering the weather.

Anyone else have any results of other players?
If it had been a little warmer, I'm sure he may have ran a high 4.4 or low 4.5. One of my buddies said Georgia Southern invited him down for a visit, they run the option and are traditionally a D-1AA power. That would definately fit his style of play. I think he would do a fine job at whatever position they play him in college, personally I'd like to see him at FS.
I would think the time would be right, I watched the 40s and the weather was tough to do it in. It got colder and little shower came at time they ran them. It was a great turnout, as a large number of schools from all over Eastern Kentucky was there. As well as up to 10 colleges.
PHSCARD Wrote:If it had been a little warmer, I'm sure he may have ran a high 4.4 or low 4.5. One of my buddies said Georgia Southern invited him down for a visit, they run the option and are traditionally a D-1AA power. That would definately fit his style of play. I think he would do a fine job at whatever position they play him in college, personally I'd like to see him at FS.

Isn't Georgia Southern an All African-American school?
Mr. Right Wrote:Isn't Georgia Southern an All African-American school?

No. Yahoo the school and look around their website.
I just got done talking to someone close to Daniel's family and he said that EKU, WKU were very interested in him, as well as Univ. of the Cumberlands and Campbellsville, but have to wait until the school year is out before they start their hard recruiting of Pugh. EKU and WKU are wanting him as a safety, which I think plays best in Daniels part, but whatever he decides he wants to play in college I'm sure he can make the transition rather easily because he's such a good athlete.
PHSCARD Wrote:If it had been a little warmer, I'm sure he may have ran a high 4.4 or low 4.5. One of my buddies said Georgia Southern invited him down for a visit, they run the option and are traditionally a D-1AA power. That would definately fit his style of play. I think he would do a fine job at whatever position they play him in college, personally I'd like to see him at FS.

Georgia Southern did invite him down, but that was the old coaching staff. I reckon they got a whole new staff, so IDK if they will still run the option or not, you would think so with the personel they already have there playing.
Pugh had the fastest time with a 4.6 and the second fastest was also from p-ville with a 4.69, i saw the results today.
ooh-rah Wrote:Pugh had the fastest time with a 4.6 and the second fastest was also from p-ville with a 4.69, i saw the results today.

Who was the other kid? Was it Lipps?
I talked to Jon Salyer and he had talked to Garry McKenzie, he said Garry told him Lipps had some offers/interest to be a PK at some small schools in Florida. Not too bad for a kid that has only played 1 year of organized football.
PHSCARD Wrote:I talked to Jon Salyer and he had talked to Garry McKenzie, he said Garry told him Lipps had some offers/interest to be a PK at some small schools in Florida. Not too bad for a kid that has only played 1 year of organized football.

I would have loved for him to have been able to play 4 years of football. Great athlete, who could have been a pretty good WR with 4 years of practice.