•  Previous
  • 4(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kentucky Coaching Rumors
FBALL Wrote:Yep. Jurich mistake was not hiring Brooks he built Oregon into what it is today and laid a foundation for Kentucky to build on. Unfortunately that foundation crumbled on a couple of missed recruiting classes. And he did both with class.

That was a helluva a foundation 1 year to start crumbling and 3years to be completely gone. Hell it took Tubby 7or8 years to start knocking chips out and Billy Clyde 2 year to completely finsh it off. And we still went to the equivalent of the Music City Bowl.THE N I T.
Are you relly going to go with comparing the basketball program to the football program?
Oh yeah. No Scumbag!

Peterson!
Couple things here

Butch Jones and Kirby Smart have officially withdrawn their names from Kentucky coaching search

Larry Vaught says Sonny Dykes fits Kentucky Football

David Cutcliffe has signed an extension at Duke through 2019
FBALL Wrote:Are you relly going to go with comparing the basketball program to the football program?

That you thought we had a foundation was the point I was trying to make.
Cowher, Cowher, Gruden, Gruden...
insideinfo Wrote:That you thought we had a foundation was the point I was trying to make.

I don't think. I know.

Brooks had everything going the right direction.
Erin Andrews mentioned something about Gruden going to Tennessee
Spirit100 Wrote:Cowher, Cowher, Gruden, Gruden...

I hear the Vols apparently have locked up Gruden. Threw more money and more control at him then he could turn down.
FBALL Wrote:I don't think. I know.

Brooks had everything going the right direction.

You got any of that stuff your on to loan.
Yeah I got a couple of more bud lights in the fridge.
Now I that the dominos are going, the only one left is dykes. If he doesn't want it then you have to go with Petrino.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
Peterson!!
Brooks4Prez Wrote:He got us ranked in the top ten in the nation, beat the #1 team in the country at home, won games at Georgia, at Arkansas, at Georgia, at home against a top ten UofL team, Florida State and Clemson and did it all with class and dignity. Rich Brooks had a great run at Kentucky.

Confusednicker:

Exactly how many SEC titles did he have?
What was his win/loss record in the SEC?
Strikeout King Wrote:Couple things here

Butch Jones and Kirby Smart have officially withdrawn their names from Kentucky coaching search

Larry Vaught says Sonny Dykes fits Kentucky Football

David Cutcliffe has signed an extension at Duke through 2019

:hilarious:

Uh Oh, its dwindling down.

I heard Petrino got an interview on Sunday Confusedhh:
They are running out of people who want this job.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
RunItUpTheGut Wrote::hilarious:

Did sources tell you that?

Exactly how many SEC titles has Petrino won?Confusedhh:
RunItUpTheGut Wrote::hilarious:

Interviewed in the Pure Gold parking lot still wearing his hunter orange jumpsuit.

Still there by the way, he cannot find someone to jump the motor scooter. Mitch & Co. have a chance to convince him to stay....stack full of ones goes a long way in this tough economy...no that I would know anything about that!

:blonded: Although he would take the job for this!
FBALL Wrote:Did sources tell you that?

Exactly how many SEC titles has Petrino won?Confusedhh:

Nope, that is fact.

And he only coached in the SEC for a couple of years....

He only lost 9 games while at Lville.
He went 34-17 at Arkansas against Bama and LSU every year.

Name any other coach thats been mentioned for this job, that can say that.

Hint: Its going to be very hard.
He lost to Bama and LSU every year.

Brooks with Joker as OC beat LSU.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Nope, that is fact.

And he only coached in the SEC for a couple of years....

He only lost 9 games while at Lville.
He went 34-17 at Arkansas against Bama and LSU every year.

Name any other coach thats been mentioned for this job, that can say that.

Hint: Its going to be very hard.

That is a easy one, Phil Fulmer was 98-34 in the SEC and 152-52 over all at UT. He won a National title and 2 outright SEC titles and he won the SEC east 6 times. UT fans cried and cried wanting him out the door, his worses year in the SEC was 3-5 and that's 3 more SEC wins than they have this year. Heck he won the SEC East the year before UT fired him and LSU was lucky to beat them is the SEC title game that year, the final score was 21 to 14. Heck his record vs Alabama was 11-4. He used to beat the Crap out of UK. I don't understand why UK fans are not screaming for this guy to be hired as coach. It would take a week to type the list of player he sent to the NFL , the list would start with Payton Manning who IMO is one of the top 5 NFL QB'S of all-time, he also has a memeber of the NFL's 2000 yard club in Jamal Lewis, you can throw in 2010 NFL rushing title winner Arian Foster. Seems to me this guy knows talent. Only thing I can figure is the UK fans just hate UT so much that they don't want him. I see it in a different way, I think this guy is hungry and has something to prove and he darn sure can recruit. IMO UT fans jumped the gun look were they are now!
Can Bobby Petrino win at Kentucky? Yes

Can he win right away? No, it'll take him a few years and I don't UK will be patient enough
Not sure how much you can put into these but this is what's on twitter. These are from today.

Quote:Matt Jones ‏@KySportsRadio The more people I speak with, the more I believe that Butch Jones is the leader/favorite candidate as of today in the UK FB coaching search

Quote:Matt Jones ‏@KySportsRadio @RichMadky he hasn't withdrawn...Tuberville is a candidate

The way Ron Caragher (San Diego Coach) is talking makes me believe that he's very interested in the Kentucky job.

Quote:San Diego’s Ron Caragher, one of the “second tier” UK coaching candidates, thinks Kentucky can compete in the SEC. The former UK assistant coach under Rich Brooks recently spoke to Larry Vaught about what it would take for Kentucky’s next coach to be successful and he believes the opportunity to win is there.
From Vaught’s Views:
[INDENT]
Quote:“I think (Kentucky) should compete for a SEC championship on an annual basis. It will be a challenge because of good teams in the SEC. But you want to embrace that and attract young men who want to be challenged daily,” Caragher said. “I think those facilties are all nice, but that is never a reason not to succeed. They are all nice. Not an excuse. Facilties can become an arms race in the SEC. But look at the things at Kentucky. Great indoor facility. Three practice fields, two grass and one turf as good as you will find in the country. We practiced at the Carolina Panthers facility and Kentucky’s practice facility is just as nice. Commonwealth Stadium is nice. I know some stadiums are bigger, but you’ve got the main things you need to win. It’s about having a culture of excellence for the new coach to embrace.”
[/INDENT] Caragher thinks UK can find recruiting success in Ohio, West Virginia, and Pennsylvania by pitching the challenges of the SEC and Lexington’s close-to-home location. He also thinks an entertaining offense is the key to turning things around. “That means an offense that can throw the ball around and make big plays and creat oohs and aahs in the crowd,” Caragher said. “ I am not a fan of just running.”

Theirs more to the story

http://vaughtsviews.com/former-uk-assist...um=twitter
Seen this on Catspause

Quote:My daughter works for the UK compliance office and she just left my house for thanks giving. BP is not and has not been contacted by UK not ever. He will not be at UK unless his new team in the next few yrs plays UK at UK.
He is to much of a risk even for UK. Mitch is not going to put his rep on the line for that idiot.
Move on people... And my source is for real.
I just can't wait to see how this all comes out.. really don't know who I want as of right now.

I'm just waiting.. hoping we make a decision soon.
[Image:

]
honestjchsfan Wrote:That is a easy one, Phil Fulmer was 98-34 in the SEC and 152-52 over all at UT. He won a National title and 2 outright SEC titles and he won the SEC east 6 times. UT fans cried and cried wanting him out the door, his worses year in the SEC was 3-5 and that's 3 more SEC wins than they have this year. Heck he won the SEC East the year before UT fired him and LSU was lucky to beat them is the SEC title game that year, the final score was 21 to 14. Heck his record vs Alabama was 11-4. He used to beat the Crap out of UK. I don't understand why UK fans are not screaming for this guy to be hired as coach. It would take a week to type the list of player he sent to the NFL , the list would start with Payton Manning who IMO is one of the top 5 NFL QB'S of all-time, he also has a memeber of the NFL's 2000 yard club in Jamal Lewis, you can throw in 2010 NFL rushing title winner Arian Foster. Seems to me this guy knows talent. Only thing I can figure is the UK fans just hate UT so much that they don't want him. I see it in a different way, I think this guy is hungry and has something to prove and he darn sure can recruit. IMO UT fans jumped the gun look were they are now!

I would rather have Joker return that to stick Phillip Fulmers orange ass on our side lines.
Strikeout King Wrote:Seen this on Catspause

First KSR, and now Catspuase Confusednicker:

Really reliable stuff.
May be right though, they may not take Petrino, but you can bet your ass theyve interviewed him.
Maybe his daughter needs to get back to work instead of trying to snoop in on people. Like she would know if Barney met with him. Please....
They know more about this than what we do and I seriously doubt anyone has been interviewed yet.

People on KSR may act retarded in posting stuff the way they do but not once have I ever seen them say something that wasn't true.

IF she works at UK she's knows something, anyone that works at UK is gonna know something. Gut he's just not coming. Not sure why you keep living in a fantasy land
Mitch really wants Butch Jones from Cincinnati and the way the Big Least is crumbling I wouldn't be surprised if he moves to a different school. I do believe the new coach will come from a current school, If not then they would have had one last week. Cincinnati has either 1 or 2 games left and we will see what happens.

Also from what I hear Petrino is out, coming from several different people that are no affiliated with neither catspause or KSR but are in the know.
Strikeout King Wrote:Mitch really wants Butch Jones from Cincinnati and the way the Big Least is crumbling I wouldn't be surprised if he moves to a different school. I do believe the new coach will come from a current school, If not then they would have had one last week. Cincinnati has either 1 or 2 games left and we will see what happens.

Also from what I hear Petrino is out, coming from several different people that are no affiliated with neither catspause or KSR but are in the know.

I don't really have any favorites for the job,but if Mitch hires Butch Jones he might as well have kept Joker.if UK wants to compete for the sec title, Butch Jones is not the answer.Imo Jones is averege at best.
  •  Previous
  • 4(current)
  • Next