Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Barry Bonds
Are you rooting for him to pass Babe Ruth for Home Runs or are you against it ?

I'm rooting for him to hit 715 !
I don't care about Bonds or any other athlete that is juiced up on enhancing drugs. In my opinion his or their records should not count.
I would like to see him pass Babe Ruth
He will get it sooner or later.
I would like to see him do it that would be pretty cool
I think he's cheating Ruth, Aaron, and everyone he's already passed
QB Challenge Champion, Just Pitching Champion, Midi Golf Champion- My Greatest Accomplishments in Life
He is a cheater...!
How can you root for a cheater? I hope he never hits another homerun in his career.
i agree with u black cat
He still swung the bat to hit the HR's !!!
Beyond me how anybody could be a fan of Barry Bonds, and want to see him succeed in any way or form. He admitted to "unknowingly" taking the Cream & Clear, which is about the biggest joke ever. Yes he swung the bat to hit the homeruns, and he would have been a 1st Ballot Hall of Famer if he quit 8 years ago. But instead he showed up to Spring Training 6 years ago more ripped and huge than ever, which doesn't happen overnight when you're closing in on 40 years old...It's common sense that he cheated, and that he wouldn't have nearly as many homeruns if he didn't take Steriods...40 year olds don't hit the ball like that, and he is no exception...The Steroids did that to him, plain and simple.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
alfus21 Wrote:Beyond me how anybody could be a fan of Barry Bonds, and want to see him succeed in any way or form. He admitted to "unknowingly" taking the Cream & Clear, which is about the biggest joke ever. Yes he swung the bat to hit the homeruns, and he would have been a 1st Ballot Hall of Famer if he quit 8 years ago. But instead he showed up to Spring Training 6 years ago more ripped and huge than ever, which doesn't happen overnight when you're closing in on 40 years old...It's common sense that he cheated, and that he wouldn't have nearly as many homeruns if he didn't take Steriods...40 year olds don't hit the ball like that, and he is no exception...The Steroids did that to him, plain and simple.

Even if he did only use legal stuff (I know he knowingly did/does illegal stuff, I'm saying hypothetically), did Ruth or Aaron have any stuff as powerful as the legal stuff Bonds uses??? Did they even have anything back then???
QB Challenge Champion, Just Pitching Champion, Midi Golf Champion- My Greatest Accomplishments in Life
BFritz Wrote:Even if he did only use legal stuff (I know he knowingly did/does illegal stuff, I'm saying hypothetically), did Ruth or Aaron have any stuff as powerful as the legal stuff Bonds uses??? Did they even have anything back then???

The Cream & The Clear isn't legal. I never said it was ok, and no they didn't have anything at all such as that...Maybe there were things around in Aarons day, but by his physique it doesn't seem like he used them. And I seriously doubt any performance enhancing drugs were around in the 20's and 30's...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
If anything the beer and hotdogs that the Babe was using hampered him.
Bonds is the poster boy for everything that is wrong in sport today. When it comes to baseball I am a old school fan, in field of dream James Earl Jones talked of the game as being the "constant" in the lives of children.

The field is not even when people who were not power hitters become monsters hitting opposite field homers 500 feet. I hate to think how many young players looked and saw what Bonds was doing and said Hey I have to do it to catch up, that is the saddest part of the whole issue.
I hate Barry Bonds about as much as I can hate anyone in this world. I hope he is charged with perjury (Spelling?) and indited (Spelling again). If Bonds was to never draw another breathe, not that I want that, but I'm not sure I would even notice. I think all the negative publicity he is getting he has earned and then some. If he does break the record I hope it is latter removed from the record book and he be stricken from the minds and hearts of all MLB fans. I think it is great justice that he has never won a World Series.
he isnt worthy of even being talked about in the same breath as babe ruth barry bonds is a joke he should just quit all together i seriously hope if the guy does tie the record he freakin breaks his arm i know its not the nicest thing to say in the world but its just how i feel
go Barry