•  Previous
  • 4(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Williamsburg @ Hazard 11/16
Allen Central in 09 does not compare to Williamsburg in anyway. Other than Harlan and Pikeville you could not have handpicked an easier schedule than Allen Central had that year. Harlan was a 1 point win and they got hammered by Pikeville. Oneida, Oliver Springs, Harlan, and Pineville would have put up running clocks in 7 of 8 games against that schedule. Campbellsville would have won 8 games. Berea and Lynn Camp would have winning records. That schedule would have only taken a mediocre team to win 7 or 8 games. They played the weakest programs in the state. Williamsburg's schedule is weak but it is three fold better than that schedule. This Williamsburg may not win Friday but they are good and will be competitive.
Hazard 43 Williamsburg 26. If austin johnson was able to play Hazard would put up big numbers, I going to say Fairview is the team to beat I said all year they were the sleeper in the east and next week at Hazard it will be a great game.If Hazard and Fairview survives. Its the best Offense Williamsburg has faced all year and the second best defense.
E's Army Wrote:Somerset did not manhandle Whitley's O line. I have seen them. Williamsburg is very comparable to Whitley upfront. Buffalo who have you seen that manhandled Williamsburg's O line? Nobody. Your statement that Somerset would manhandle Williamsburg upfront is pure conjecture. Tell me what you base that on.

Whitley's offense did nothing against Somerset. Their points came off of a pick six and on a drive that was kept alive by a silly personal foul on third and long. Other than that they did nothing.
Until any one can prove us wrong I said at the beginning of the year you could take 11 off the street and win the class A east side thats why Mark Dixon will not leave Hazard hes about a shu in the semifinals of class A each year until the KHSAA changes classes or does away with a couple of classes. Hazard is the team to beat in the east, and mayfield and Beechwood in the west Frankfort has a chance but until they beat Beechwood or mayfield their in the same boat as the rest of class A. Until someone can prove us wrong the Bulldogs are the class act of the east side of class A football now lets see if any one Williamsburg,Fairview, Pikeville can prove us wrong. I be shocked if they do.
:howdy: BALLBOY be at the game friday night an WILLIAMSBURG will prove it to you. :blondnurs
E's Army Wrote:Somerset did not manhandle Whitley's O line. I have seen them. Williamsburg is very comparable to Whitley upfront. Buffalo who have you seen that manhandled Williamsburg's O line? Nobody. Your statement that Somerset would manhandle Williamsburg upfront is pure conjecture. Tell me what you base that on.

Ive had 3 posts on this thread and none of them said anything about Somerset manhandling williamsburgs line (which they would), i simply respond to everyone elses comments when they bring in Somerset to the thread with highly sarcastic replies. I dont like changing the thread into Somerset vs. Williamsburg because that isnt what it is. (I'd take Somerset). with that said
Williamsburg 14
Hazard 35
Jumper Dad and peterson turned this into a Williamsburg/Somerset thread. They interjected Somerset into this thread. Somerset has their own game to worry about. they need to be concerned with Danville.
Hazard by 14
Avery Bullock Wrote:To all those who repeat the same old refrain... "Williamsburg hasn't played anybody this year," please look at Hazard's schedule. The ONLY team Hazard played this year that the Jackets could not have handled would be Breathitt. The Jackets would not have lost to Somerset nor LCA.

I would be interested to know just how many Mayfield fans are on this thread (MayfieldCardinal and mysonis55 are two) bashing Williamsburg. They are scared to death that the Jackets are gonna meet them in BG. What other reason could they have to give two sh*ts who comes out of the east?

If Mayfield is that big and bad, it shouldn't matter who gets to BG from the east, they should be more worried about getting there themselves.

Keep the trash talk coming. None of W'burg's players or coaches read this crap anyway.:why:

This statement by Avery is what started it, dont get angry with us when we were only defending Somerset.
Avery has not seen the Bunnies. They are very good and will be a tough out for anybody. I hope they bring home the big trophy this season. Now that your defense has caught up with your defense you might need to look for a place in your trophy case.
Offense caught up with defense is what I meant to say.
E's Army Wrote:Jumper Dad and peterson turned this into a Williamsburg/Somerset thread. They interjected Somerset into this thread. Somerset has their own game to worry about. they need to be concerned with Danville.
Avery brought up Somerset!!! Not Norm, Bildos or me...then other non-Somerset posters stated that his opinion that they would beat Somerset was comical. The only thing that I have said is that Mayfield would run the clock on them...I never mentioned Somerset in this thread playing Williamsburg. All Norm did was respond to a Willaimsburg posters opinion that they would have beaten Somerset and LCA two teams that Hazard has lost to.

If you don't want Somerset mentioned you need to talk to Avery
E's Army Wrote:Avery has not seen the Bunnies. They are very good and will be a tough out for anybody. I hope they bring home the big trophy this season. Now that your defense has caught up with your defense you might need to look for a place in your trophy case.

OOPS... Sorry E, but I have seen Somerset. When W'burg was idle on Sept. 28th I went to Somerset with a couple of buddies who have kids at Whitley.

Colonels outplayed Somerset in every aspect of the game. I know the Bunnie fans will say, "But Somerset is 2A and Whitley is 5A." Truth be told, Whitley's season wasn't all that great. A couple of quality wins but when the chips were down, the Colonels folded.

How many of these Somerset, Hazard, or Mayfield fans have seen the Jackets in person?
HAHAHAHAHAH! This thread has lit up since I left for work this morning. I love it!!!Confusednicker:
Norm Peterson Wrote:Whitley's offense did nothing against Somerset. Their points came off of a pick six and on a drive that was kept alive by a silly personal foul on third and long. Other than that they did nothing.

Did nothing? Whitley won the game so I think they did everything. Everything that matters anyway.:lmao:
Williamsburg does not compare to Whitley even though you want to think so.Briar Jumpers would be planting Jackets quarterback all night
Do-double-gg Wrote:HAHAHAHAHAH! This thread has lit up since I left for work this morning. I love it!!!Confusednicker:

I agree!! It's funny that so many people bash the Jackets even though they haven't seen them play. Why would they comment negatively about something they know so little about? I guess it's true what they say... "fear of the unknown" IS a common human trait.

Most of the Jacket bashers are probably too scared to look under their own beds too.

"The Jackets played too weak of a schedule"... "Williamsburg is too young and inexperienced"... "Next year is THEIR year"...

Who are YOU to decide any of this? Our boys will determine their own fate on the gridiron, thank you very much. They will make good account of themselves whenever and whomever they play... all with complete disregard for claims based in ignorance and stated out of fear.

UK won a National Championship last year with a bunch of freshmen playing a schedule that ranked anywhere from 14th to 20th in the strength of schedule, depending on which pundit you believe. How on earth did the 'Cats win it all? With talent and desire, perhaps?

The Jackets don't have to beat the best D-I teams in the country, just Class 1A in Kentucky.
Guys don't take me to serious. My team is out for the season and I am a little board. Plus I love the threads that get heated up and I will do anything to keep it going. I love this stuff and I love BGR. I just want a mountain team to win it all.
ballboy Wrote:Hazard 43 Williamsburg 26. If austin johnson was able to play Hazard would put up big numbers, I going to say Fairview is the team to beat I said all year they were the sleeper in the east and next week at Hazard it will be a great game.If Hazard and Fairview survives. Its the best Offense Williamsburg has faced all year and the second best defense.

IF hazard wins the game against Williamsburg then they will travel to either Pikeville or Fairview. Hazard hosted the 4th round last year and beat Pikeville.
Do you really think that we havent seen wburg play just cause they are from the east. Guys, there has been a video camera at each of your games and video was easy to get.
mysonis55 Wrote:Do you really think that we havent seen wburg play just cause they are from the east. Guys, there has been a video camera at each of your games and video was easy to get.

Why would you want video of Williamsburg?????....they wont even be there to play your Mayfield Cardinals.:pondering:
I check all of them out. I really liked the Raceland at Pikeville game, except the announcer kind of gets to you at times. If you are going to tell what you think about teams its best to know all that you can.
footballfever Wrote:Why would you want video of Williamsburg?????....they wont even be there to play your Mayfield Cardinals.:pondering:

I'm sure you meant to say that Williamsburg won't be playing Mayfield in Bowling Green because the Jackets will be playing Frankfort. I'll forgive the error this time but in the future, proofread your posts before hitting "Submit Reply."

Watch all the video you want of the Jackets. Every team W'burg faces in the next three games will see a team they haven't seen before on film. When you have a hand full of Aces in front of you, you don't have to show them all at once.

On Friday night, Harlan saw a Jacket team that nobody had seen all year. Herron has sets and plays that he hasn't called in games yet. It's all in an effort to have opponents wondering, once the smoke clears.... "What just happened to us?"
Finally! We are going to see what Williamsburg is made of. I expect a healthy dosage of crow served to 64. But I ate my fill of it with Pikeville beating Raceland. I cant think of a better turnaround in recent years than what the Panthers have managed to do...but i digress.

Williamsburg is going to face an always stout Hazard defense and I believe their numbers will be way down against the Bulldog secondary. Hazards still got more than enough in the tank, even with the injuries, to make a run, I think it starts this Friday.

Hazard 42
Williamsburg 28
Willsburg will get trounced friday night. They've played nobody like Hazard and it's at Hazard. It may have been a competitive game if it were in Williamsburg where the dogs would have had to have played the refs, but at Hazard with an honest officiating crew it'll be a blow out.
:thatsfunn

Hazard 54
Willsburg 21
Avery Bullock Wrote:I'm sure you meant to say that Williamsburg won't be playing Mayfield in Bowling Green because the Jackets will be playing Frankfort. I'll forgive the error this time but in the future, proofread your posts before hitting "Submit Reply."

Watch all the video you want of the Jackets. Every team W'burg faces in the next three games will see a team they haven't seen before on film. When you have a hand full of Aces in front of you, you don't have to show them all at once.

On Friday night, Harlan saw a Jacket team that nobody had seen all year. Herron has sets and plays that he hasn't called in games yet. It's all in an effort to have opponents wondering, once the smoke clears.... "What just happened to us?"
What you guys are just learning to put new plays in? I thought every team threw in new stuff every week. To go against the week part of the D they are playing that week .
TongueoliceLig WARNING TongueoliceLig THE AIRATTACK IS COMING TO HAZARD.
Williamsburg by 6
Sounds like the same old crap I have heard from many losing teams in the past. You don't go into a game and completely change what you did to get there, just to surprise a team. That is when you get your but handed to you. That makes me feel like this one won't even be close. I hate that for Smashmouth, because he has been wanting yall to win all year. 64 will have a heaping helping of crow on Thanksgiving.
BigBad Wrote:Willsburg will get trounced friday night. They've played nobody like Hazard and it's at Hazard. It may have been a competitive game if it were in Williamsburg where the dogs would have had to have played the refs, but at Hazard with an honest officiating crew it'll be a blow out.
:thatsfunn

Hazard 54
Willsburg 21

You should do a little research and base your post in facts instead of spouting off about something about which you obviously know very little.

Williamsburg played Oneida, Tn., at Oneida. The Indians went to the Tennessee Class 2A quarterfinals last year and returned 16 seniors and 16 starters from that team this year. Oneida would have beaten Hazard by a couple of TDs instead of the 3 points by which they beat W'burg.

Hazard has played teams as good as Williamsburg (or better in the case of Breathitt), but they lost those games. The Bulldogs haven't beaten anyone that Williamsburg didn't or couldn't beat this year.

Dishonest refs in Williamsburg? The Jackets have hosted 7 games this year and in 5 of them, the Jackets had more penalties called against them than their opponent. If my "homecooking" was that bad, I would eat at Denny's every night.

You should read more and post less.:Thumbs:
  •  Previous
  • 4(current)
  • Next