•  Previous
  • 2(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Williamsburg @ Hazard 11/16
mysonis55 Wrote:First off 64, best post of the year. I like it. You only had a couple typing errors as well. Evelyn Wood is working wonders for you. I think you ruffled red&blk, but I like that one.

Avery, first off there is no W in Loosing. Secondly, I have heard you come up with this lame a** excuse for not playing anyone all year long. That is crazy. I guess you gotta have some way to defend that and I give it to you for trying to come up with a way. You get and E for effort on that one. It does kinda sound like you are admitting defeat before you even play though. Make no mistake this one will get ugly early.

First off 55, Evelyn Wood was a pioneer in the field of speed reading. She made no appreciable contribution to typing or composition. Swing and a miss... nice try.

Second, you are correct that there is no W in losing, but there IS only one "o." Loosing is the present participle of the verb "loose." Another WHIFF... strike two.

Third, the reason we didn't play teams that you would consider "anyone" is because we had two year contracts with most of them. Jellico has been a rivalry game with the Jackets for years and Jellico has won a bunch of the previous meetings. Williamsburg only beat Leslie County by 2 last year, this year was year 2 of the contract. The Jackets beat Allen Central by 8 last year, this year was year 2 of that contract. Campellsville, Berea, and Lynn Camp are in our district. It's not Herron's fault that all these teams were down this year. We play Pineville every year because it's one of the longest running rivalries in the state. They've played every year since Williamsburg started playing football in 1946. Oliver Springs and Oneida beat the Jackets last year but have refused to re-sign for next year. Harlan has always been a good matchup for the Jackets but they also have turned us down for next year. Strike three... YOU'RE OUT!!!

For a Mayfield fan to come on EVERY Williamsburg thread and bash the Jackets? Iz you skeered? You would rather have Hazard in BG to try to get revenge for last year.
Wburg may not win this one, but they will win every one in the foreseeable future.
Hazard better get this last win in.
Avery Bullock Wrote:Williamsburg's roster if full of freshman and sophomore starters. Only 4 or 5 seniors start and the QB is a junior. If Williamsburg loses to Hazard, well, so be it. The general consensus will be that the more experienced team won. No shame to the Jackets because they are so young anyways.

If Williamsburg wins, it will shame the Bulldogs. People will say, "How did Hazard let a bunch of babies beat them?" That thought has to be going through the minds of the Hazard players and coaches. It's a lot of pressure to put on a bunch of kids.

Williamsburg may not win the game, but they certainly can't lose either way.

All the extremely well-educated pundits on this thread seem to think that a harder schedule is always an indicator of which team is better prepared to play. There is a flip side to this that most of you are too ignorant to consider. Hazard has played tougher, harder-hitting opponents and are therefore more beaten up than the Jacket starters who have only had to take a beating for 2 or 3 quarters most of the season. At this point in the season after these high school BOYS have played 11 or 12 games, none of them are playing at 100% even if they aren't "injured."

Jackets by 6.

The only reason why some say and i agree on that if you play a difficult schedule and you are winning a close game or losing a close game then you will be prepared for that type of game play. Playing a weak schedule and blowing everyone out doesnt prepare you if you are playing from behind in the game because you are either going to be in a hurry to try to catch up or make mental errors and mistakes. Point im making is you play a tough schedule with games that are close in the regular season and when the playoffs roll around you have a pretty good shot to win a close game.
I think this will be a game where the team who has 2+ turnovers loses.
if they don't have to play the officials williamsburg by 14
The officials in the playoffs can not be from either of the regions they teams are from. So the will be no home cooking and never has. All games ive seen at Hazard since 2006 have been officated very well. They may of been a few calls here and there on both teams that are wrong but that happens..
If Williamsburg is too win this game they can not afford for Sizemore to throw the ball up for grabs and fumble the ball because Hazard will more than likely capitalize on the turnovers.
:howdy:my predictions is williamsburg 36 hazard 24 :worthy::worthy::
I like Williamsburg 28-20
any person that thinks playing a weak schedule has advantages is either wishful thinking or ignorant. Hazard will be the best team Williamsburg has face this year,but I'll still go with the Jackets for the win.
Hazard takes this one. The burg's week schedule hurt's them in this game.
Avery, all I hear is BLAH, BLAH, BLAH.:biglmao: Same old weak stuf I heard before. :thanks: Yes, I am well aware of what Evelyn Wood did, as I am sure 64 is (duh).:Thumbs: They only had 37,000 commercials on television. To think we are scared is funny.:hilarious: We will play the same way we always do. Yes, we would like a little revenge though, who wouldn't.:Thumbs:
Williamsburg has not played a team the entire year that is the same caliber as Hazard and that isn't going to be very favorable for them once Friday arrives. I think that the Yellowjackets will be in for a surprise once the game starts!!

Hazard - 42

Williamsburg - 21
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
Avery Bullock Wrote:Williamsburg's roster if full of freshman and sophomore starters. Only 4 or 5 seniors start and the QB is a junior. If Williamsburg loses to Hazard, well, so be it. The general consensus will be that the more experienced team won. No shame to the Jackets because they are so young anyways.

If Williamsburg wins, it will shame the Bulldogs. People will say, "How did Hazard let a bunch of babies beat them?" That thought has to be going through the minds of the Hazard players and coaches. It's a lot of pressure to put on a bunch of kids.

Williamsburg may not win the game, but they certainly can't lose either way.

All the extremely well-educated pundits on this thread seem to think that a harder schedule is always an indicator of which team is better prepared to play. There is a flip side to this that most of you are too ignorant to consider. Hazard has played tougher, harder-hitting opponents and are therefore more beaten up than the Jacket starters who have only had to take a beating for 2 or 3 quarters most of the season. At this point in the season after these high school BOYS have played 11 or 12 games, none of them are playing at 100% even if they aren't "injured."

Jackets by 6.

But they can lose in the only way that matters.... on the scoreboard
To all those who repeat the same old refrain... "Williamsburg hasn't played anybody this year," please look at Hazard's schedule. The ONLY team Hazard played this year that the Jackets could not have handled would be Breathitt. The Jackets would not have lost to Somerset nor LCA.

I would be interested to know just how many Mayfield fans are on this thread (MayfieldCardinal and mysonis55 are two) bashing Williamsburg. They are scared to death that the Jackets are gonna meet them in BG. What other reason could they have to give two sh*ts who comes out of the east?

If Mayfield is that big and bad, it shouldn't matter who gets to BG from the east, they should be more worried about getting there themselves.

Keep the trash talk coming. None of W'burg's players or coaches read this crap anyway.:why:
Avery Bullock Wrote:To all those who repeat the same old refrain... "Williamsburg hasn't played anybody this year," please look at Hazard's schedule. The ONLY team Hazard played this year that the Jackets could not have handled would be Breathitt. The Jackets would not have lost to Somerset nor LCA.

I would be interested to know just how many Mayfield fans are on this thread (MayfieldCardinal and mysonis55 are two) bashing Williamsburg. They are scared to death that the Jackets are gonna meet them in BG. What other reason could they have to give two sh*ts who comes out of the east?

If Mayfield is that big and bad, it shouldn't matter who gets to BG from the east, they should be more worried about getting there themselves.

Keep the trash talk coming. None of W'burg's players or coaches read this crap anyway.:why:
comical
Avery Bullock Wrote:To all those who repeat the same old refrain... "Williamsburg hasn't played anybody this year," please look at Hazard's schedule. The ONLY team Hazard played this year that the Jackets could not have handled would be Breathitt. The Jackets would not have lost to Somerset nor LCA.

WOW!! All I can do is laugh at the bolded statement!:thatsfunn:lmao:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
that was comical. Somerset would embarrass Williamsburg.
First, duh, if we were scared do you think we would want to play an unheard of team or the team that beat us last year? Second, you would not even come close to beating the briarjumpers. How many teams have lit up the score board on them. Last, it's not trash talking, it's stating your opinion. I just try to have some facts to back my opinions.
Mayfield would run the clock on Williamsburg at Bowling Green. Better hope you either lose before you get there or that Mayfield dis-bans their program and quits playing football before the state finals.
bac2369 Wrote:The only reason why some say and i agree on that if you play a difficult schedule and you are winning a close game or losing a close game then you will be prepared for that type of game play. Playing a weak schedule and blowing everyone out doesnt prepare you if you are playing from behind in the game because you are either going to be in a hurry to try to catch up or make mental errors and mistakes. Point im making is you play a tough schedule with games that are close in the regular season and when the playoffs roll around you have a pretty good shot to win a close game.
I think I have given my point of view on this subject before but I will do it again. I do think that playing tough teams can help you to a point but I just think it is overrated. I think one thing a lot of people overlook is the fact that if you have a good team then you go up against a good team every day in practice. I believe that teams do most of their improving on the practice field and in the film room and not on the game field. The only games I think will help Hazard with Williamsburg from the season is if they have a game of an opponent who is a lot like Williamsburg. 99 out of 100 times the team who wins a game is the team who was better prepared on the practice field and in the film room and is the most fundamentally sound and not the one who has the most tough games to brag about. This is just my own personal opinion. I have seen teams beat another team who had a tougher schedule about 1 million times in my life.

Well, here is another Mayfield fan that is not bashing Williamsburg. The others aren't either. We come on here to speak our opinions and that's all. I personally would like to see the Jackets advance, but I have my doubts. I think they are a year away because of their age.
Do-double-gg Wrote:I think I have given my point of view on this subject before but I will do it again. I do think that playing tough teams can help you to a point but I just think it is overrated. I think one thing a lot of people overlook is the fact that if you have a good team then you go up against a good team every day in practice. I believe that teams do most of their improving on the practice field and in the film room and not on the game field. The only games I think will help Hazard with Williamsburg from the season is if they have a game of an opponent who is a lot like Williamsburg. 99 out of 100 times the team who wins a game is the team who was better prepared on the practice field and in the film room and is the most fundamentally sound and not the one who has the most tough games to brag about. This is just my own personal opinion. I have seen teams beat another team who had a tougher schedule about 1 million times in my life.

I disagree. Unless you are talking about a team that doesn't have to play their best players both ways your statement about going up against a good team each day in practice just isn't true. Most schools go up against their JVs in practice. When you only go up against your own backups and inferior teams on Friday nights you just aren't going to be ready for the speed of the game when you go up against a really good team. Knowing your assignments and playbook and perfecting you execution in practice is great...but doing it in practice when you have all day is one thing, doing it when you face a team good enough to disrupt your plan and having to adjust under pressure is much different.

And for Avery Bullock--Somerset would run the clock on the Jackets. The Jumpers defensive front would destroy Williamsburg's offensive line and Sizemore would be lucky to finish the game.
Well double g, with that kind of logic then why don't we just play our 3 dist games and just practice the other 7 weeks. Great idea, sell that to your coaching staff. Chances are you could be undefeated for a year that way.
Norm Peterson Wrote:I disagree. Unless you are talking about a team that doesn't have to play their best players both ways your statement about going up against a good team each day in practice just isn't true. Most schools go up against their JVs in practice. When you only go up against your own backups and inferior teams on Friday nights you just aren't going to be ready for the speed of the game when you go up against a really good team. Knowing your assignments and playbook and perfecting you execution in practice is great...but doing it in practice when you have all day is one thing, doing it when you face a team good enough to disrupt your plan and having to adjust under pressure is much different.

And for Avery Bullock--Somerset would run the clock on the Jackets. The Jumpers defensive front would destroy Williamsburg's offensive line and Sizemore would be lucky to finish the game.
So you are saying that you have never seen a team beat another team with a tougher schedule. I can point to about 100 examples of it just this season. I think we can all agree that Highlands is just flat out better then Ashland. Now what if Highlands were to play Ashland when all the teams they had before Ashland were youth league teams. Do you think Highlands would still beat Ashland? I think they would and probably just as bad.
Alright double g, I will give you the perfect example. Look at this coming friday's game between Wburg and Hazard. All the talk this year has been about how talented Wburg is and how much Hazard has lost. Watch what happens and you will have the answer to your question.
Do-double-gg Wrote:So you are saying that you have never seen a team beat another team with a tougher schedule. I can point to about 100 examples of it just this season. I think we can all agree that Highlands is just flat out better then Ashland. Now what if Highlands were to play Ashland when all the teams they had before Ashland were youth league teams. Do you think Highlands would still beat Ashland? I think they would and probably just as bad.

Way to take what I said totally out of context. If you take two teams of completely different skill levels then it schedules wouldn't matter. What I said is when a team plays nothing but inferior teams all season the speed of the game can be shocking when they have to face a team with as much or more talent then them. Owensboro Catholic, Bardstown and Russell County are all good examples this week. Beating up on your JVs and a bunch of 2-8 teams does not prepare you for the speed of the game against a good team. Sure, if you are still 3 TDs better than the other team it might not matter but in an even match it can be all the difference.
mysonis55 Wrote:Alright double g, I will give you the perfect example. Look at this coming friday's game between Wburg and Hazard. All the talk this year has been about how talented Wburg is and how much Hazard has lost. Watch what happens and you will have the answer to your question.
I never said that I don't think strength of schedule makes a difference, I just said that I think it is overrated and used as the reason a team won or lost a game way to much. How about we just give a team who wins the game credit for just being flat out the better team. As for your example, what if Williamsburg beats Hazard? What happens to Hazards tougher schedule at that point. Like I said teams get beat all the time by a team who had a weaker schedule. One example I can give you is the Knox Central and Russell County game. Some people said that Russell County had a bad schedule and that Knox had a tough schedule and a lot of people were picking Knox to win that game and they were using the Knox schedule as the reason but I think we all know how that turned out.
Hazard 21 Williamsburg 13
pjdoug Wrote:any person that thinks playing a weak schedule has advantages is either wishful thinking or ignorant. Hazard will be the best team Williamsburg has face this year,but I'll still go with the Jackets for the win.

I do not think that is true. People really have underated Oneida on Williamsburg schedule. They are a really good team who beat Coalfield this year. They won their district and most people are really anticipating their game in the semifinals against Grace Christian. I think Hazard is a much different team, and they present Williamsburg with a uniquely different set of problems. If you have not seen Oneida play, than it is really hard to compare.
  •  Previous
  • 2(current)
  • Next