Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Breathitt Co 54 - Pike Central 18
Congratulations to Breathitt Co. on the big win, huge game next week @ The CAM....Breathitt Co. @ Belfry.

Obviously, as I said in the update thread I was very disappointed with how Pike Central ended the season the way they did by fighting.

As a PC fan, I apologize for their behavior.

I thought Pike Central offensively played really, really well...had much success running the football, and even tho it was a lop-sided score I felt as tho Pike Central played a very gusty, gritty game.

Pike Central really, really, REALLY needs to work on their defense in the off-season...8 possessions for 8 TD's is just bad, I'm sorry but the truth hurts.

We only had 6 seniors, and I want to thanks each of them for contributing the blood, sweat & tears for 4 long years.

On a positive note, this team was really young and we have a great core of 8th graders coming in.

So that's good.

Again...I want to congratulate Breathitt Co.

Best of luck against Belfry.
Always classy with your posts J-rod.... well said.
Thank both of you for your updates throughout the year.
Twitter: @tc_analytics

Congratulations Breathitt!
Exactly how big a fight are we talking? Was it just tensions running high or was it full blown fight? Honestly, what did happen? I hate when these fights break out at end of games for all involved. It puts a black eye on the game, the schools, the players and the fans IMO. I do understand when tensions run high and aggravations set in and these are just teenage boys. Shoot, sometimes fans and parents on this board alone cant control themselves. Hate to see it.
If the bobcats don't get their heads on straight and start playing better defense our season will come to an end next week. We have the talent to beat Belfry but we better be ready to play. Congrats bobcats on the win and let's take care of business next week.
Cat Daddy Wrote:If the bobcats don't get their heads on straight and start playing better defense our season will come to an end next week. We have the talent to beat Belfry but we better be ready to play. Congrats bobcats on the win and let's take care of business next week.

I have no doubt both teams will be ready and focused come next Friday. Should be a game more than worthy of all the hype.
Congrats breathitt county on a big win
Crossbones Wrote:Exactly how big a fight are we talking? Was it just tensions running high or was it full blown fight? Honestly, what did happen? I hate when these fights break out at end of games for all involved. It puts a black eye on the game, the schools, the players and the fans IMO. I do understand when tensions run high and aggravations set in and these are just teenage boys. Shoot, sometimes fans and parents on this board alone cant control themselves. Hate to see it.
From what I hear, think like the WWE Royal Rumble, on a football field. lol
It was pretty much....PCC landed quite a few blows on #83 for bobcats he was helped off of the field. Both teams stormed the field but Breathitt was mostly put back to the sidelines pretty quick. PCC however continued to taunt the players and remained on the field. Number 7 for PCC threw his own head into his helmet about 3 or 4 times as hard as he could. He has to be hurting now....that was just brutal to watch!

The game ended with 1:43 left on the clock. The refs didn't announce if anyone was thrown out, hoping not.
congrats to BC, to bad for PCC players,they seen there coach act like a horses hindend sometimes, now they follow..Sad
Yeah, he wasn't trying to calm his players down or anything. Shoot, he didn't even make an appearance on the field till a few minutes after the fight was over. I couldn't tell exactly where he was, but he wasn't with his players.
So sad to see such poor sportsmanship. In order to be successful you have to learn to be disciplined. Congrats Breathitt as i'm sure it will be a very interesting game next week at the Cam
Cong: Mike and his Bobcats. Now go get Belfry. Hope to see you in Bowling Green.
jdnoble18 Wrote:It was pretty much....PCC landed quite a few blows on #83 for bobcats he was helped off of the field. Both teams stormed the field but Breathitt was mostly put back to the sidelines pretty quick. PCC however continued to taunt the players and remained on the field. Number 7 for PCC threw his own head into his helmet about 3 or 4 times as hard as he could. He has to be hurting now....that was just brutal to watch!

The game ended with 1:43 left on the clock. The refs didn't announce if anyone was thrown out, hoping not.

Cox was grabbed by someone who came off the sideline in street clothes and then one player held him down while the one that took off his helmet started hitting him several times in the legs and chest.(Cox is #83 BTW)
Wow. Pike Co. Central's administration needs to kick that ***clown, I mean coach to the curb.

I hope ZERO Breathitt players are sanctioned.
And people used to get their butt feathers ruffled when I said Chapman is an A-1 a$$hole. I hope this is his last act representing Pike County.
It wasn't really Chapman.It was a couple players who started it all.I believe #7 was the one that was hitting Cox with his helmet.
Leonidas Wrote:And people used to get their butt feathers ruffled when I said Chapman is an A-1 a$$hole. I hope this is his last act representing Pike County.

This will be Chapman's last game at Pike Central. He will no longer receive his big salary once the new board members come aboard. Hope Pike Central brings in a coach with better character.
PantherTradition Wrote:This will be Chapman's last game at Pike Central. He will no longer receive his big salary once the new board members come aboard. Hope Pike Central brings in a coach with better character.

coach May
cuppett777 Wrote:coach May
Keith would be a great hire. But I could also see the School Board replace the entire staff after something like this occured. I'd be willing to bet that Keith wasn't involved in this but I would understand if the administration made a clean start from top to bottom.
But regardless CHapman needs to go.
Belfry Wins Wrote:Keith would be a great hire. But I could also see the School Board replace the entire staff after something like this occured. I'd be willing to bet that Keith wasn't involved in this but I would understand if the administration made a clean start from top to bottom.
But regardless CHapman needs to go.

yea to bad he left BMS, but there coach this yr got them a state title.
Wow a bunch of high school boys get into a fight and you all blame the coach. I played football been in many fights in game. When your 17, losing, and pissed things get heated. A few bad apples here and there and you throw the coach under the bus for it. You all crack me up
"Kentucky Football needs to be and will be a championship contender in the SEC."- Mitch Barnhart
The reason why I'm blaming the coaching staff is the fact that they tried to do nothing to contain the mess. ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. The PCC coaching staff wasn't visible anywhere during the whole thing.

Breathitt's staff was everywhere trying to keep the peace, while the PCC players were on the other side of the field pointing, yelling, waving their arms, and beating their selves in the head with their own helmets!

Does anyone NOT thing that its the duty of the coaching staff to control their own players?
Tough loss
HawksRule, I understand boys will be boys. But a boy holding a player down while the other beats him is unacceptable. Where I come from, that's allll messed up. Sad to see the Hawks end their season like this.
I Think Breathitt Did Great && Played Really Hard & Earned There Win!!It Was Low Sportmenship For Pike To Do What They Did!!But Its Okay Breathitt Still Came Out With The Win That Counted!!&&Will Be playing This Week && Hopefully Brings Another ( WIN)Home!!Lets Go Bobcats!!Dont Let Noone Bring Yu Donw!!(:
Keep Up The Hard Work Yur Fans Are Suppoting You The Hole Way!!<3