Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sources: Mike Brown Fired
I didn't expect this. Wow. Somebody has to be waiting in the wings.
Phil Jackson. That is all.
I never cared much for Mike Brown as the coach of the Lakers. I never thought he was a good fit. I wouldn't mind seeing Jerry Sloan come in and possibly win a ring. But, Phil Jackson seems to be the most likely candidate.
Mike D'Antoni (sic)
Stardust Wrote:Mike D'Antoni (sic)

I read an article talking about him as the Laker coach earlier today. I would accept him but only as second choice behind the greatest nba coach of all time, Phil Jackson.
LOLakers
^Whoever the coach is, better get this team to get back in transition or teams like Utah and Portland will have a chance on any given night against the Lakers. Their half court offense is fine and will continue to get better, but defense wins championships. And this team is a championship or bust team this year. Miami, OKC, Spurs, and the Clippers team chemistry right now is so far ahead of L.A's that I honestly cant see them getting by the second round. Mia vs. L.A Clippers Finals mark it down.
Thank god!!!
I cant believe all this hate against Mike Brown, he is a good coach..
We are talking about a new team in LA.. Of course it's going to take some time..
Ex. the Miami Heat where not that special their first year Bosh and James came..
Same scenario here, I feel like they should have given Brown a chance with the new additions.. but D'antoni would def. be a good pick up, Sloan too. I don't think the Zen Master is coming back though.
^ As soon as the words "Princeton Offense" came out of Mike Brown's mouth - he knew that he was taking a chance that might not pan out. It's more than just the 1-4 start....
the winless preseason had something to do with this as well.

It just came across the ticker that Jackson is interested and wanting to come back.
He will be the next coach - and we all knew it from the start. With Nash and Howard in the lineup Phil sees it as an opportunity for another ring.

If Jackson doesn't end up taking the job I don't want D'antoni. He couldn't handle the heat in New York and that will be the same thing in LA. He also has proven to be nothing but a failure on the defensive side of the ball. You aren't going to be able to win a best of 7 series against the Miami Heat by simply trying to outscore them.

I want Sloan - He would be my first choice but I'm a little biased Wink
But I think he is the clear cut #2 in Mitch's eyes. The Lakers have the personnel to run the same stuff that he ran in Utah - only Kobe is considerably better than Jeff Hornacek and Dwight Howard is considerably better than Greg Ostertag. I think Metta WorldPeace is also a little better than Bryan Russel at this point in their career. Sloan would do great things in LA if he is granted the opportunity
^ As soon as the words "Princeton Offense" came out of Mike Brown's mouth - he knew that he was taking a chance that might not pan out. It's more than just the 1-4 start....
the winless preseason had something to do with this as well.

It just came across the ticker that Jackson is interested and wanting to come back.
He will be the next coach - and we all knew it from the start. With Nash and Howard in the lineup Phil sees it as an opportunity for another ring.

If Jackson doesn't end up taking the job I don't want D'antoni. He couldn't handle the heat in New York and that will be the same thing in LA. He also has proven to be nothing but a failure on the defensive side of the ball. You aren't going to be able to win a best of 7 series against the Miami Heat by simply trying to outscore them.

I want Sloan - He would be my first choice but I'm a little biased Wink
But I think he is the clear cut #2 in Mitch's eyes. The Lakers have the personnel to run the same stuff that he ran in Utah - only Kobe is considerably better than Jeff Hornacek and Dwight Howard is considerably better than Greg Ostertag. I think Metta WorldPeace is also a little better than Bryan Russel at this point in their career. Sloan would do great things in LA if he is granted the opportunity
I told everyone when Brown was first hired that it was a bad choice, you all wouldn't listen and well now look.....
Lakers are talking to D'toni and Phil Jackson. ESPN had an article up earlier about how Phil wants to come back to the NBA. Next few months should be interesting to see how this unfolds
I still believe the Lakers will make the playoffs expecially if Nash returns soon.
Strikeout King Wrote:Lakers are talking to D'toni and Phil Jackson. ESPN had an article up earlier about how Phil wants to come back to the NBA. Next few months should be interesting to see how this unfolds

2 weeks tops and Jackson is on the bench.
^ That's who I think will get it.
If the Lakers are smart, and recent personnel moves suggests that they are not, then they will say, "No thanks, Phil." They should be looking for somebody willing and able to make a long term commitment to the organization. That being said, I hope that the Lakers let Jackson come back.

I like watching D'Antoni's style of play and with both D'Antoni and Nash in the Lakers organization, it would be much harder for me to continue hoping that the Lakers get blown out of every game that they play. :biggrin:
Hoot Gibson Wrote:If the Lakers are smart, and recent personnel moves suggests that they are not, then they will say, "No thanks, Phil." They should be looking for somebody willing and able to make a long term commitment to the organization. That being said, I hope that the Lakers let Jackson come back.

I like watching D'Antoni's style of play and with both D'Antoni and Nash in the Lakers organization, it would be much harder for me to continue hoping that the Lakers get blown out of every game that they play. :biggrin:

Phil Jackson right now > Mike D'antoni right now
The Lakers as an organization are going all in for the next 2 years and I as a fan don't have a problem with it. They know that Phil isn't going to be there until he's 90 and they know that Kobe and Nash only have a couple of years left. Most organizations would be foolish for doing such a thing but when Kobe's contract runs out they will still have Dwight (pending he signs a contract) and they will have the cap space to bring in a superstar to play alongside him. The Laker name is something that is very attractive to players all over the league and they know that after the Kobe era ends in a couple of years that a new era will begin.
Lakers met with Phil Jackson today. Lakers are saying it's a 95% chance that Jackson returns to the Laker bench
Yep, it's going to be Phil. I hate the Lakers, but I love Phil!
No one should be surprised...
they may have called him today "formally"...
but he is dating Jeanie Buss - they knew he would take this before they gave the axe to Brown