Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
were you at boys
well i am probally late for this but they are still some democrats that do work

where you at hoot,segar,therealthing,runitupthegut you guys are pretty quiet
LOL guys, don't get riled up over Vector. Remember, this is probably a conservative posting just to make liberals look stupid and to rile us up.
where you at boys
vector Wrote:well i am probally late for this but they are still some democrats that do work

I am right here, vector - having a very hard time believing that you are working, especially if you really work in the coal industry.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:I am right here, vector - having a very hard time believing that you are working, especially if you really work in the coal industry.

i would say there's alot of hard thing's you don't understand

working everyday the mines are safter today than at anytime i have been in it
vector Wrote:i would say there's alot of hard thing's you don't understand

working everyday the mines are safter today than at anytime i have been in it
I understand perfectly. In hard times such as this, coal companies are forced to cut back and retain only their best employees. Based on the quality of your posts and the dearth of coal trucks on U.S. 23, I have a hard time believing that you would make the cut.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:I understand perfectly. In hard times such as this, coal companies are forced to cut back and retain only their best employees. Based on the quality of your posts and the dearth of coal trucks on U.S. 23, I have a hard time believing that you would make the cut.
I guess you haven't been on US 23 in awhile, and definitely not on RT 52 and RT 65 in WV.
TheRealVille Wrote:I guess you haven't been on US 23 in awhile, and definitely not on RT 52 and RT 65 in WV.
Yes I have been on US 23 within the past month on a weekday. It was a pretty sad sight. It has been a few months since I drove through Logan, Mingo, Raleigh, and Mingo Counties and it was on a Saturday, but I saw zero coal trucks on that trip. I have never seen coal mining in such a deep slump.

Obama is destroying the industry and about the only good news that I saw from last night was that he carried no WV counties and only 4 Kentucky counties. It is good to see that some people understand when their jobs and way of life are being threatened in a serious way.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:Yes I have been on US 23 within the past month on a weekday. It was a pretty sad sight. It has been a few months since I drove through Logan, Mingo, Raleigh, and Mingo Counties and it was on a Saturday, but I saw zero coal trucks on that trip. I have never seen coal mining in such a deep slump.

Obama is destroying the industry and about the only good news that I saw from last night was that he carried no WV counties and only 4 Kentucky counties. It is good to see that some people understand when their jobs and way of life are being threatened in a serious way.
There's tons of truck running the roads, but the big picture are all the trains that are running those routes. It might be cheaper to haul it by train, right now.
TheRealVille Wrote:There's tons of truck running the roads, but the big picture are all the trains that are running those routes. It might be cheaper to haul it by train, right now.
Maybe all the truckers just decided to take a day off on the Tuesday that I drove back to Virginia through Huntington. In normal times, you cannot drive through the heart of WV coal country without seeing a few short haul trucks on their way to a prep plant, even on a Saturday. I have driven US 23 and through WV often enough to know that this is the worst shape that the coal industry has been in many, many years. All those die hard Democrats in Logan County voted with their heads screwed on right. They know when their livelihood is in the government's crosshairs.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:Maybe all the truckers just decided to take a day off on the Tuesday that I drove back to Virginia through Huntington. In normal times, you cannot drive through the heart of WV coal country without seeing a few short haul trucks on their way to a prep plant, even on a Saturday. I have driven US 23 and through WV often enough to know that this is the worst shape that the coal industry has been in many, many years. All those die hard Democrats in Logan County voted with their heads screwed on right. They know when their livelihood is in the government's crosshairs.
Mainly for all the reasons I have already stated in the other thread. But, as we know, you and I will never agree, so I guess it's best to just agree that we will never agree.

TheRealVille Wrote:Extremely warm last Winter, record low gas prices, coal selling prices cheap, coal mining prices high, and western coal selling at 6-8 dollars a ton. My buddy that knows some of the top people at Alpha said they told him that Alpha was sitting on huge amounts of coal, millions and millions of tons, refusing to mine it. It memory serves, it was 150 million tons.
I've been around the coal industry all my life. My father has worked for Consol Energy for over thirty years.

Take it from me RealVille: Money has so much less to do with anything than you keep saying. It's about not having a signed permit from the EPA to mine! Please, understand that before you begin making stuff up again.

It's not about agreeing or disagreeing. It IS happening as sure as I'm sitting here. The coal industry IS down and it will only get worse now.
TheRealVille Wrote:Mainly for all the reasons I have already stated in the other thread. But, as we know, you and I will never agree, so I guess it's best to just agree that we will never agree.
Actually, I agree with much of what you posted about the short term causes of the coal industry's trouble. It is the long term damage that Obama is doing that I am more concerned about.

If the owners and employees in the coal industry lose hope for a better future, the industry will die in eastern Kentucky and all of the counties can look at Elliot County to see how bad things might get without coal mining jobs, although things in Elliot County will also get worse as the few people who still have jobs there lose them.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:Maybe all the truckers just decided to take a day off on the Tuesday that I drove back to Virginia through Huntington. In normal times, you cannot drive through the heart of WV coal country without seeing a few short haul trucks on their way to a prep plant, even on a Saturday. I have driven US 23 and through WV often enough to know that this is the worst shape that the coal industry has been in many, many years. All those die hard Democrats in Logan County voted with their heads screwed on right. They know when their livelihood is in the government's crosshairs.

My father knows some that didn't. :biggrin:
outdoorsman43 Wrote:My father knows some that didn't. :biggrin:
Yeah, you're right, my use of "all" was a little over the top. I should have said most. :biggrin:
Try driving through Lenore at 7:15 Mon-Sat, It is ridiculous.,
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Try driving through Lenore at 7:15 Mon-Sat, It is ridiculous.,
:Thumbs: Hoot must not be traveling that road much. I drove it 4-5 days a week from March until late September, I know what I'm talking about.
TheRealVille Wrote::Thumbs: Hoot must not be traveling that road much. I drove it 4-5 days a week from March until late September, I know what I'm talking about.
I am not sure what point you are trying to make, RV. You posted a CNN article tonight explaining that coal production is way down. Reduced production does not translate to heavy truck and train traffic. I know what truck traffic on US 23 looks like and right now, it is anemic.

A close relative of mine had to drive to U.S. 23 to Ashland almost daily for medical treatments over the past few months, and he commented several times about how few trucks were on the road compared to a few years ago. Obviously, there are coal mines operating and you can find trucks and trains running, but overall the traffic is way down and it has been for months.

As bad as things are now for the industry, I would bet that the big companies' five-year forecasts are much worse now than they would have been if Obama had lost the election. Obama wasted no time after the election in proposing a new carbon tax.
where
you
at
boys
Hoot Gibson Wrote:I am not sure what point you are trying to make, RV. You posted a CNN article tonight explaining that coal production is way down. Reduced production does not translate to heavy truck and train traffic. I know what truck traffic on US 23 looks like and right now, it is anemic.

A close relative of mine had to drive to U.S. 23 to Ashland almost daily for medical treatments over the past few months, and he commented several times about how few trucks were on the road compared to a few years ago. Obviously, there are coal mines operating and you can find trucks and trains running, but overall the traffic is way down and it has been for months.

As bad as things are now for the industry, I would bet that the big companies' five-year forecasts are much worse now than they would have been if Obama had lost the election. Obama wasted no time after the election in proposing a new carbon tax.
Truck traffic was very heavy on rt 52 & rt 65, I'd hate to see it when coal was up. I also posted about heavy train traffic, but I guess that got lost.
TheRealVille Wrote:Truck traffic was very heavy on rt 52 & rt 65, I'd hate to see it when coal was up. I also posted about heavy train traffic, but I guess that got lost.
No, read what you bolded in my post. I mentioned train traffic. I am not sure that you could drive around 8 hours a day and based on personal observation detect a change in the tonnage being moved by rail.

Obama won 7 WV counties in 2008 and none yesterday. Obama won 8 KY counties in 2008 and only 4 in 2012. The difference, and the reason that a Texas prisoner won more than 40 percent of the votes in West Virginia's Democratic primary election is Obama's War on Coal. People who work in the coal industry or have friends and family working in the industry know what Obama has done to the coal industry in central Appalachia.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:I am not sure what point you are trying to make, RV. You posted a CNN article tonight explaining that coal production is way down. Reduced production does not translate to heavy truck and train traffic. I know what truck traffic on US 23 looks like and right now, it is anemic.

Today?
TheRealVille Wrote:Today?
After reading the story closely, I see that Obama is not quoted. However, Mayor Nanny Bloomberg endorsed Obama because of his stance on global warming, and then the following story ran on Bloomberg.com. It is just a matter of time and it is something that he is likely to push while he has some political capital. Maybe a promise to propose a carbon tax was the cost of Bloomberg's endorsement.

[INDENT]
Quote:Obama May Levy Carbon Tax to Cut U.S. Deficit, HSBC Says

Barack Obama may consider introducing a tax on carbon emissions to help cut the U.S. budget deficit after winning a second term as president, according to HSBC Holdings Plc.

A tax starting at $20 a metric ton of carbon dioxide equivalent and rising at about 6 percent a year could raise $154 billion by 2021, Nick Robins, an analyst at the bank in London, said today in an e-mailed research note, citing Congressional Research Service estimates. “Applied to the Congressional Budget Office’s 2012 baseline, this would halve the fiscal deficit by 2022,” Robins said.
[/INDENT]
TRV, you are clearly full of it in this thread.

Talking about train traffic being up? If that is true then why has CSX shut down and laid off so many people on those routes. Please don't spread lies.
Beetle01 Wrote:TRV, you are clearly full of it in this thread.

Talking about train traffic being up? If that is true then why has CSX shut down and laid off so many people on those routes. Please don't spread lies.
I never said train traffic was up. I said there was tons of train traffic on rt 52, and rt 65.
vector Wrote:well i am probally late for this but[COLOR="Red"] they are still some democrats that do work
[/COLOR]

But vector is not one of them........Why all the lies JG?
Beetle01 Wrote:TRV, you are clearly full of it in this thread.

Just so we have it on record, please post us some links to the layoffs "in that area". I dove those roads twice a day for six months. There were no shortage of trains running the tracks, and loaded cars sitting along the way at different locations, waiting to go to their buyer.

My brother works at the first Coal Dock on the right before you get into Ashland and it has MORE coal there than I have EVER seen. He said they are running more coal than they ever have. He also said that the majority of it is being shipped way South of the Equator. Every time I have been towards Ashland (quite often this year), the trucks have been lined for almost a mile.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
right now it's the weather

the one's that mine it cheaper will survive
Bob Seger Wrote:But vector is not one of them........Why all the lies JG?

glad to see you made it through the election Confusednicker: