Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The big head scratcher of the election.
Over 50% of the people poled after voting, that is over half said they think this country is going down the wrong path! Yet they voted for the man who has taken us down that path for the last 4 years and expect him to do what, completely change his views and opinions and do something different!
This is like they were saying, I don't approve of how he was doing and what he is doing but hey he is so cool and hip so how could you go wrong!!!
They also said that they think Romney would do a better job with the economy but hey he is so cool and hip and reads one mean speech!!!:Shaking:
I think after 2016 people from this area who voted for Obama will look back at the wake of destruction in this area and question what they were thinking.

Or will they???

:pondering:
Doesn't surprise me at all. This country is filled with NAIVE morons, some that live right here in the mountains.

And I don't want to hear "we were screwed either way" or "Romney wouldn't have gotten us out of this mess" or "Romney voted against coal"..blah blah blah.

Why do you people continue to say these things? Because you have nothing to do defend. Even in the debates, your President had nothing to do defend, he could only try to bash Romney and Bush. Your President doesn't even have a budget. I could go on and on about how it shouldn't have even been a close race in favor of Romney (or anyone else really).

By the way the blaming Bush thing is getting reallllllllly old. Especially, when Obama pledged he would cut the budget deficit in half. If he's blaming Bush now, he shouldn't have made those pledges to get into office.

I swear the people that voted against Romney (especially in this area) were only voting this way because of pride, to shut up Republicans who have been downing your President, or simply because "daddy was a Democrat". I say this because there is no logical reason to vote for Obama (especially for re-election, are you kidding me?). You sure as hell have nothing to defend him with. The only positives in four years were killing Ben Lodin and bailing out GM (by giving them a bunch of money and excusing them from taxes which he has said over and over again that he is strongly against big corporations paying little to no taxes).

You people never stop amazing me.
#1YoungDawg Wrote:I think after 2016 people from this area who voted for Obama will look back at the wake of destruction in this area and question what they were thinking.

Or will they???

:pondering:

Nope, "That's not going to happen" is all you're going to hear.

:HitWall: Idiots...
I wonder if after Obama is done and things are even worse then now in 2016 if the next Dem running for office will say Bush did it???
^ Undoubtedly.
The NYSE has been open for about two hours and has dropped about 333 points so far.
Harry Rex Vonner Wrote:The NYSE has been open for about two hours and has dropped about 333 points so far.
And all the economists are saying that Europe is driving that number, but you wouldn't be able to spin it, if you admitted that. :Thumbs:
You must remember the people voted for who we wanted for president of the United States not Eastern Kentucky. I can't figure how some of us can be so selfish and simple minded.
Partially correct, but European markets, Asian markets are NOT the sole driving factor.
TheRealVille Wrote:And all the economists are saying that Europe is driving that number, but you wouldn't be able to spin it, if you admitted that. :Thumbs:

And you find no relationship to the election results? The election is over. You can be honest. We may even hear something in the media about Libya now.
4_real Wrote:You must remember the people voted for who we wanted for president of the United States not Eastern Kentucky. I can't figure how some of us can be so selfish and simple minded.

We understand that. It's just even more unbelievable that some people in eastern Kentucky voted to reelect Obama.

Selfish? Is wanting this region to not go under "selfish"?

Simple-minded? You have to be "simple-minded" to believe things are going to go smoothly around here if this keeps up.
TheRealVille Wrote:And all the economists are saying that Europe is driving that number, but you wouldn't be able to spin it, if you admitted that. :Thumbs:

I'm glad you mentioned that TheRealVille. But the big problem that Europe is having right now is with national debt, a problem we're also about to face here in our country. We will eventually be just like Europe is now. It just takes time for our country to do one of two things:

1) Start major government-spending cuts / raising taxes by a lot.
2) Our national debt gets to the level that we can't even pay back the interest to our debt.

And to point out, Europe will probably have an economic collapse before we do, which will cause further trouble to our economy. This will "speed up the clock" for our country defaulting on our own debt.
I learned something from the election. The voters of this country are quite different from the voters of 30 years ago. The underbelly of society has taken over. We are controlled by all the various and sundry groups who look to government for handouts rather than earning their way in life. Obama is their Santa Claus and we taxpayers foot the bill.

This is only going to get more severe as the years pass. It is irreversible. The deadbeats will continue to breed. Since they are nonproductive, they have plenty of time to do so. Therefore, all who pay their own way and try to accumulate for the future need to act accordingly. I certainly will do so. My compassionate nature just became much more selective.
Republicans have to 1) incorporate minorities into the game plan. 2) pick some better candidates for the Senate besides some of these out of touch clowns that ran and 3) get rid of Rush, Hannity and Beck whose vitriol does nothing but get the ther side juiced up. But the GOP is above all of that.
Harry Rex Vonner Wrote:And you find no relationship to the election results? The election is over. You can be honest. We may even hear something in the media about Libya now.
I'm just going by what the people that do this for a living are saying. They are blaming it on the Germany news, and the drop in oil prices, that btw, is also related to the Germany news.
outdoorsman43 Wrote:We understand that. It's just even more unbelievable that some people in eastern Kentucky voted to reelect Obama.

Selfish? Is wanting this region to not go under "selfish"?

Simple-minded? You have to be "simple-minded" to believe things are going to go smoothly around here if this keeps up.

Their is more to life then loading another buggy of coal. Sure it feeds alot of families. Hell it has fed me. But its like this these big coal companies have gotten away with any thing they wanted to in the past ( in masseys case murder ) and can't stand the fact that they can no longer run over who they want and get away with it. I would trade 1,000,000 coal jobs if it saves one life.
Harry Rex Vonner Wrote:I learned something from the election. The voters of this country are quite different from the voters of 30 years ago. The underbelly of society has taken over. We are controlled by all the various and sundry groups who look to government for handouts rather than earning their way in life. Obama is their Santa Claus and we taxpayers foot the bill.

This is only going to get more severe as the years pass. It is irreversible. The deadbeats will continue to breed. Since they are nonproductive, they have plenty of time to do so. Therefore, all who pay their own way and try to accumulate for the future need to act accordingly. I certainly will do so. My compassionate nature just became much more selective.
What you should have taken away from last night that people are wanting to move forward on several issues, and not back to the 50's. America is tired of the direction republicans are wanting to drive the bus, socially. Like I said, until republicans release that death grip on a 50's style of social politics, they will die a slow painful death. If they ever want to get back into the lead, they are going to have to regroup on their stand on some issues. Last night proved that very well. America would have no problem electing people with a centrist view on the economy, as long as they stay out of peoples' business on some social issues. Another thing, the exit polls are showing that voters are tired of Washington catering to the rich. If they don't get with it, I think the next mid term elections might finally show you they mean business on these social issues, and letting people like Romney pay a 13% tax rate, while the middle suffer the burden.
Abortion issues and gay marriage did not lose the Republicans this race, immigration and rich-leaning did.

A Republican that is pro-life and anti gay-marriage can still win the White House. However, someone that was born with a silver spoon, wants immigration reform, and loves big business will never win the White House again in the near future.

Romney did not lose the woman vote that badly, when all things are considered. Remember that something life 60% of the Democratic voters are female, it would be hard for them to lose the overall female vote. Romney's dad was born in Mexico. Mitt should have been able to close the gap on the hispanic vote, dare I say possibly win the hispanic vote. However, his stance on immigration was even more Republican than George W's was. That lost him this race, as well as his terrible campaign strategy AND the gruesome primary races in 2008 and 2012. Republicans need to find ways to shrink the candidate list and end the primaries much more quickly before they are ruined.
I'd have voted for Ron Paul against Obama lol
LWC Wrote:Abortion issues and gay marriage did not lose the Republicans this race, immigration and rich-leaning did.

A Republican that is pro-life and anti gay-marriage can still win the White House. However, someone that was born with a silver spoon, wants immigration reform, and loves big business will never win the White House again in the near future.

Romney did not lose the woman vote that badly, when all things are considered. Remember that something life 60% of the Democratic voters are female, it would be hard for them to lose the overall female vote. Romney's dad was born in Mexico. Mitt should have been able to close the gap on the hispanic vote, dare I say possibly win the hispanic vote. However, his stance on immigration was even more Republican than George W's was. That lost him this race, as well as his terrible campaign strategy AND the gruesome primary races in 2008 and 2012. Republicans need to find ways to shrink the candidate list and end the primaries much more quickly before they are ruined.
Tell that to the large number of women that went for Obama. But, yes you are right on the other two things. Exit polls were giving immigration, and rich tax breaks as majors reasons, also.
TheRealVille Wrote:What you should have taken away from last night that people are wanting to move forward on several issues, and not back to the 50's. America is tired of the direction republicans are wanting to drive the bus, socially. Like I said, until republicans release that death grip on a 50's style of social politics, they will die a slow painful death. If they ever want to get back into the lead, they are going to have to regroup on their stand on some issues. Last night proved that very well. America would have no problem electing people with a centrist view on the economy, as long as they stay out of peoples' business on some social issues. Another thing, the exit polls are showing that voters are tired of Washington catering to the rich. If they don't get with it, I think the next mid term elections might finally show you they mean business on these social issues, and letting people like Romney pay a 13% tax rate, while the middle suffer the burden.

You used a bit different wording but you confirmed everything I said. The truth is we are becoming a country dominated by the takers. They want the "necessities of life" (cell phone, fast food, big screen televisions, contraceptives, abortions, and the internet) handed to them as an entitlement from Santa Claus. They now have a mixed race Santa Claus to cater to them. Of course, we who pay income taxes must foot the entire bill and, if we aren't paying enough for those "necessities of life", the boy will increase our "contribution".
TheRealVille Wrote:Tell that to the large number of women that went for Obama. But, yes you are right on the other two things. Exit polls were giving immigration, and rich tax breaks as majors reasons, also.

We have reached the lowest level of inhumanity when women vote for whomever will allow them to, without cost or consequence, murder their own offspring.
Harry Rex Vonner Wrote:You used a bit different wording but you confirmed everything I said. The truth is we are becoming a country dominated by the takers. They want the "necessities of life" (cell phone, fast food, big screen televisions, contraceptives, abortions, and the internet) handed to them as an entitlement from Santa Claus. They now have a mixed race Santa Claus to cater to them. Of course, we who pay income taxes must foot the entire bill and, if we aren't paying enough for those "necessities of life", the boy will increase our "contribution".
The day has come that just "white men" can't get you elected. It's not all "hand out" people that caused last night. It's also an America that wants "others to stay out of my business". I, "you", or anybody else, don't have the right to make others' decisions. You are politically pretty smart, surely you saw that last night?
TheRealVille Wrote:The day has come that just "white men" can't get you elected. It's not all "hand out" people that caused last night. It's also an America that wants "others to stay out of my business". I, "you", or anybody else, don't have the right to make others' decisions. You are politically pretty smart, surely you saw that last night?

Well, I am smart enough to think for myself. I don't give a rat's butt what "message" was allegedly sent by the Obama voters. I have basic beliefs and principles that will not change to suit the will of the "majority". That is particularly true when the majority of that majority isn't pulling its share of the weight in this country. The only change from yesterday in my situation is that I will be much more choosy in regard to whom I show compassion and that, of course, includes contributions and related help.

As for those who support abortion, they are an abomination. They are the lowest level of animal. I won't directly or indirectly support their murder of their offspring. And, yes, I am smart enough to make that claim fact.
Harry Rex Vonner Wrote:Well, I am smart enough to think for myself. I don't give a rat's butt what "message" was allegedly sent by the Obama voters. I have basic beliefs and principles that will not change to suit the will of the "majority". That is particularly true when the majority of that majority isn't pulling its share of the weight in this country. The only change from yesterday in my situation is that I will be much more choosy in regard to whom I show compassion and that, of course, includes contributions and related help.

As for those who support abortion, they are an abomination. They are the lowest level of animal. I won't directly or indirectly support their murder of their offspring. And, yes, I am smart enough to make that claim fact.
And women will keep killing your vote.
TheRealVille Wrote:And women will keep killing your vote.

Probably, and the shame rests with them and not with me. But, if I am honest, I have to admit that neither their vote nor the outcome of these elections effects my fiscal and intellectual status one iota. However, I am deeply concerned and grieved over the deterioration of humanity. As I said before, those who willingly kill their own children are the lowest form of existence.
Harry Rex Vonner Wrote:Probably, and the shame rests with them and not with me. But, if I am honest, I have to admit that neither their vote nor the outcome of these elections effects my fiscal and intellectual status one iota. However, I am deeply concerned and grieved over the deterioration of humanity. As I said before, those who willingly kill their own children are the lowest form of existence.
I agree. The clincher though, if with children that are still in the womb, and when the fetus is a viable human. But, we will never agree when that is, so it's a moot point to argue.
Right here is the problem, and he called it out befor the results were known---

by Meenal Vamburkar | 8:53 pm, November 6th, 2012

During Fox News’ election analysis, Bill O’Reilly attributed much of the way the race is shaping up to the the country’s changing demographics. Noting that the “white establishment” is the minority, O’Reilly noted that people “want things.” And Obama will give them things.

“It’s a changing country, the demographics are changing,” O’Reilly said. “It’s not a traditional America anymore, and there are 50 percent of the voting public who want stuff. They want things. And who is going to give them things? President Obama.”

Twenty years ago, O’Reilly said, Obama would have been “roundly defeated by an establishment candidate” like Romney.

“The white establishment is now the minority,” he added. “The voters, many of them, feel this economic system is stacked against them and they want stuff. You’re gonna see a tremendous Hispanic vote for President Obama. Overwhelming black vote for President Obama. And women will probably break President Obama’s way. People feel that they are entitled to things — and which candidate, between the two, is going to give them things?”

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/bill-oreilly-...nt-things/

Bill has this just right. This is the reason I have mentioned the entitlement culture over and over. I can even remember using the same language when I said we 'give people stuff'. There are a couple more problems worthy of mention as well. First, the lack of voter ID laws. Anybody can stroll into any voting place in states that don't require voter ID and vote. If they're not registered, it is still no problem, they just sign the book and their vote is counted. To exacerbate the problem, our porous southern border with Mexico has seen the influx of what has been calculated to be between 20-30 million illegal immigrants in the last ten years, alone. In an election in which the dems garnered (at last count) 60.2 million popular votes and the republicans 57.5 million votes. Small wonder the dems are foursquare against border control, voter ID laws and are the oft declared supporters of early voting, now pushing for 30 days of early voting, (takes a lot of mobilizing to transport voters to and from polls), meanwhile, there is still an unchecked torrent of illegals threatening to literally inundate this land, and are legitimized by the left being referred to as the Latino vote.

Second, the willingness of dems to get out the 'dead vote' and other forms of fraudulent voting schemes. What ever happened to integrity and honor? We're being turned into a sort of banana republic by our own public servants. They go out and round up day workers who are willing to go in and vote giving the names of dead folks to poll workers, or are just allowed to sign the book and their vote is counted even though they have neither voting ID or verified voter registration. We're going to have to get a handle on this stuff or it's over. I spent my life living under the mind set that the true threat to our society was from outside our borders, only to realize that it will likely come from within. The Michael Moore's are seemingly everywhere.

Third, traditional America is under attack, without question. This administration attempted to disenfranchise our own active military, while being given a pass for scandals such as Fast and Furious and the Benghazi deal. Responsible folks are going to have to put up a better fight than they have recently. We can't just lay down and allow this kind of stuff to go on. I've been hearing the pundits proclaiming that if the republicans want to win again they'll have to espouse the same ideals the dems do. This prophetic quote from one of the greatest leaders of our nation's birth has come to pass, Benjamin Franklin ---

[COLOR="Red"]"When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic"[/COLOR]
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]