Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Murray St @ Eastern Kentucky 11/10
RICHMOND, Ky. – This Saturday is Senior Day for the Eastern Kentucky University football team as the Colonels welcome OVC rival Murray State to Roy Kidd Stadium. Game time is set for 1 p.m.

The No. 18 Colonels (7-3, 5-2 OVC) still have aspirations for the NCAA FCS playoffs, but EKU must defeat Murray State (4-5, 3-3) to have any chance to continue playing in late November. Murray State ranks among the top-10 nationally in scoring offense (40.56 ppg) and total offense (498.11). The Racers have scored at least 49 points in five of their last six games while Eastern Kentucky has held every OVC opponent to 28 points or less.

On the other side of the ball, the Colonels were able to get their running attack back on track last week after a disappointing showing in the loss to Eastern Illinois. EKU tallied 202 yards on the ground and produced four rushing scoring in the convincing 31-7 victory over Southeast Missouri.

The Colonels have won 10 of the last 11 meetings against Murray State while averaging almost 35 points per game in the victories. Last year, RB Matt Denham notched 219 rushing yards and two scores in the 34-33 win.

Before the start of the game, 13 seniors will be honored for their dedication to the EKU program – OL Aaron Adams, WR Cameron Bailey, DB Justin Bell, DB Cejay Ceniza, RB Matt Denham, OL Patrick Ford, DB Brooklyn Fox, WR Tyrone Goard, LB Kevin Hamlin, TE Paul Henry, DL Robert Knowles, QB T.J. Pryor and DL Nick Vicini.
ekusports.com

Who you got?
I think the Racers will score and nip the Colonels. Murray St. 34-30.
Axel Foley Wrote:I think the Racers will score and nip the Colonels. Murray St. 34-30.

I hope the Colonels can hold the Racers to 34 points.
I hope EKU pounds Murray
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]