Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Letcher Co Central 2013
Not seen him up there . They got about 40 kids out right now looking good .
I heard he was coming also. I think he will be a sophomore and his name is Jaylen Williams.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
Who does Letcher Central Scrimmage? Where and what time?
They scrimmaged Leslie once and done real well. These boys are going to surprise a bunch of people. Cats Pause had them last behind PCC which I take that as a insult. We will be a better football club, and we will make a statement at PCC.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

cougarpride08 Wrote:They scrimmaged Leslie once and done real well. These boys are going to surprise a bunch of people. Cats Pause had them last behind PCC which I take that as a insult. We will be a better football club, and we will make a statement at PCC.

Haddix has built a solid program at PCC, and I see nothing insulting about the fact LCC is projected to finish behind PCC in the district. In my opinion, LCC deserves to be ranked behind PCC, because they haven't beaten anyone to prove otherwise.
Sounds like its going to be a good year for the Cougars, best of luck from Jenkins!:Thumbs:
Letcher county is my sleeper team in this district. smoke:Confusedmoke:
We shall see. They better be ready, because these young men are fitted up. They will make some noise.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Letcher Central will surprise some people. I look for a good start 3-1 or 4-0 and from there they will give people fits. Mike will be king of Whitesburg in no time.
They will win more games this year than what they did the last two.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Found this and thought it was fitting. Cougarama will be ready! http://www.givit.com/vid/F1vTdRcV-9LgrSzgQHNpVrhQ
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

cougarpride08 Wrote:They scrimmaged Leslie once and done real well. These boys are going to surprise a bunch of people. Cats Pause had them last behind PCC which I take that as a insult. We will be a better football club, and we will make a statement at PCC.

You're ranked behind us because you've not beat us in 3 years and you have a new coach (a very good coach though). Thanks for the bulletin board material. See you October 18th.
We will be ready...just make sure you guys are. We are gonna make a statement. Lol good clean fun though...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

They going to be better ball team good luck this year .
I predict 4 wins out of 6 games to start off. Still depends on line. Coach has been on them pretty hard and they have responded well to it. We will wait and see. I think they scrimmage North Laurel the 17th.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Does Letcher host a grid this year?
If you are referring to "Meet the Cougar Night", that is on the 17th I think. On that day they will present scrimmages from all Letcher Co grade and middle school, then the high school will scrimmage North Laurel. Don't know of any changes. With work schedule and family matters I haven't got a chance to talk to boosters or coaches except to confirm we are scrimmaging North Laurel.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

cougarpride08 Wrote:If you are referring to "Meet the Cougar Night", that is on the 17th I think. On that day they will present scrimmages from all Letcher Co grade and middle school, then the high school will scrimmage North Laurel. Don't know of any changes. With work schedule and family matters I haven't got a chance to talk to boosters or coaches except to confirm we are scrimmaging North Laurel.

Other than the head coach, are there any new assistants?
Twitter: @tc_analytics

Deleon Thomas returns to run defense. Other than that I don't know.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

They play at North Laurel on the 18th and they are saying meet the cougars is on the 8th is what they got on Facebook
Thanks for the info. I thought they was scrimmage at home.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Anyone know how meet the cougar went? Been in Lexington!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

2013 WYMT Pigskin Preview: Letcher Central

Letcher County (WYMT) -- Letcher Central ended the 2012 season with a 2-9 record, including zero wins in Class 5-A, District 8.

The team wants 2013 to be a revenge season.

"Everybody is ready to play, everybody is here at eight o' clock hoopin' and hollerin' ready to get out here and work at 8 o' clock in the morning,” senior middle linebacker Chaz Bryant said. “We get out here and we work hard and it's just a whole lot better atmosphere."

This will be the second new coach for the Cougars in a three-year span. Mike Holcomb is bringing the credentials of a champion.

"Our kids have been doing anything we have asked them since April so hopefully we have laid the foundation,” Holcomb, who won three state championships with Breathitt County, said.

Along with everyone returning on defense, Holcomb has a returning quarterback.

"When I heard coach Holcomb was coming to L-C-C, I was the first one to be excited,” junior quarterback Zane Blair said. “With what he has had in the past, it was great knowing that he was going to be head coach of L-C-C. And I was looking forward to it. I just had to set my mind to paying attention because he knows what he's doing and hopefully it will work out."

Winning a district championship is the challenge and, more importantly, the goal. Last season the Cougars lost to all three teams by a combined score of 145-41.

"Perry , Whitley and Harlan County are three outstanding programs with great coaches I respect and, you know, are great friends of mine,” Holcomb said. “But for 48 minutes, we're going to come after them as hard as we can."

LCC will kick off the season against Berea on August 23.

"We all want to win so bad,” senior fullback Keith Boggs said. “It was rough last year – can't get much worse than that. We just want to turn it around."

http://www.wkyt.com/wymt/sports/sportsov...98921.html
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
Letcher Central HS football interview

LETCHER COUNTY, Ky (WYMT) - The Sports Department traveled to Letcher County to kick off week two of high school football interviews.

We met up with the Letcher Central Cougars and talked to their new Football Coach Mike Holcomb.

The Cougars are coming off a dismal 2-9 season, but the former Breathitt County Head Coach Holcomb says even though it's his first year at the school, they aren't just looking to rebuild.

They have lofty goals and expectations that start with winning games.

"We want to win right now, we want to win a district right and and we want to win. We want to build a program with a foundation, but were not looking for any moral victories. I think some of the foundation has been laid, they've gone hard in the weight room, in the off season, and we were able to get in here for spring practice and our kids have been doing everything we've asked them to do since April. So hopefully we've laid the foundation," said Coach Holcomb.

http://www.wkyt.com/wymt/sports/sportsov...02031.html
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
Just what we needed to see. Can't wait till the first game. Glad these young men are ready..
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!