Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
October Jobs Report
The report is out and indicates that unemployment increased from 7.8% to 7.9%. Allegedly, 171,000 jobs were added but the great majority were believed to be seasonal and/or minimum wage jobs. Anyone can conclude that this is not a good report for the administration.

I tuned in MSNBC to see how it would be spinned. The ever loyal Chuck Todd announced that the jobs report was better than predicted. He heralded that 171,000 jobs had been created and, of course, gave Kardashian the credit for moving the economy forward.

Somehow, he never mentioned that the unemployment rate increased. Wonder how he missed that?

Obviously, the job increase did not cover the jobs lost. Also, average wages decreased one cent per worker. That doesn't sound like much. However, it continues the growing trend of less workers working for lower wages.

I then went to the MSNBC website. The headline was, shall we say, a bit misleading.

It would appear that the main abusers of the First Amendment are the members of the media. No surprise there.
Yeah, BUT I wonder what the unemployment rate really is!
Granny Bear Wrote:Yeah, BUT I wonder what the unemployment rate really is!

GRANNY!!!!! Surely you would never suggest manipulation.

Confusednicker:
Granny Bear Wrote:Yeah, BUT I wonder what the unemployment rate really is!

It would still be above 8% if we added last month and this month's jobs together and applied that number to 8.3%. If you did that we'd still be in there at 8.2%. They admitted last month was jacked around for some mysterious reason, :eyeroll:, and the predicted 'adjustment' back to a number that could at least be loosely backed up mathmatically was not forthcoming. Shocker. Bottom line, to say this month's numbers shown continued improvement is like saying a national debt number of 16.33 trillion is better than 16.34 trillion. It is, but not so as anybody could notice.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I don't get it! Obama killed Osama, so he has the power only reserved for a savior. So why can't he get me a Job!!!

Wink
Quote:NEW YORK (CNNMoney) -- The U.S. economy now has more jobs than it did when the president took office in January of 2009.
With the addition of Friday's fairly strong jobs report, plus upward revisions over the last couple of months, there are now 194,000 more jobs than there were in January of 2009, according to data from the Bureau of Labor Statistics.

[Image: http://i2.cdn.turner.com/money/galleries...110212.gif]
A look at where the economy stood when Obama took office and what's changed since.

And the number could be even higher once more expected revisions are released. Last month, the Labor Department released a statement saying it likely under-counted jobs created in much of 2011 by around 386,000. Those are preliminary figures that could still change when the final data is released in February.
But by either measure, Obama can now be called a job creator.
"The stimulus did what it was expected to do," said Heidi Shierholz, an economist at the left-leaning Economic Policy Institute, referring to the $787 billion package of spending and tax cuts pushed through by the president in early 2009. "We are on a path to recovery."
Related: Best jobs in America
But with the presidential election just days away, it's little surprise that others are less willing to give the president credit for what they see as a recovery that's taking far too long.
"The consequences of failed 'stimulus'-style spending, excessive regulations, and the threat of tax hikes are all around us: record debt, higher gas prices, stagnant wages, and an economy that's far weaker than it should be," Speaker of the House John Boehner said in a statement Friday. "The Obama administration predicted the unemployment rate would be below six percent by now."
Given that the jobs decline started before Obama entered office, employment is still far below 2007 levels.

http://money.cnn.com/2012/11/02/news/eco...hpt=hp_bn3
I'm sorry guys, we are all putting way too much into Jobs! I forgot all about it, we don't need Jobs! BA'Bama promised he would take care of us as long as we took care of him. We don't need no steenking jobs!

Wow, but that's depressing!!
Stardust Wrote:I'm sorry guys, we are all putting way too much into Jobs! I forgot all about it, we don't need Jobs! BA'Bama promised he would take care of us as long as we took care of him. We don't need no steenking jobs!

I wonder if reality has slapped her in the face yet.
Prolly not....bet she has a free cell phone, free healthcare, free food and services; hell he probably is paying her mortgage and gas!!
Granny Bear Wrote:Prolly not....bet she has a free cell phone, free healthcare, free food and services; hell he probably is paying her mortgage and gas!!

Sad part granny, "he" ain't paying it, we are.
Well, SKINNYPIG, when you're right you're right!!

Maybe I should've said he's facilitating those payments.
SKINNYPIG Wrote:Sad part granny, "he" ain't paying it, we are.

So let's not! Let's all quit our jobs and let Realville pay to take care of all of us :1:
The bottom line is that job growth has not kept pace with inflation and the unemployment rate is higher than it was when Obama took office. With another recession looming, the last thing this country needs is another Obama recovery.
Stardust Wrote:I'm sorry guys, we are all putting way too much into Jobs! I forgot all about it, we don't need Jobs! BA'Bama promised he would take care of us as long as we took care of him. We don't need no steenking jobs!

I would like to see her reply now.
Considering Gas has more than rose, i wonder how she'll feel if shes an upstanding citizen that works and pays taxes.

I cant wait for the day when Obama, if reelected, gives gas cards to those on welfare...
^ Is that all you have? I expected so much more for you in my request for you to take care of me when I quit my job....Confusednicker: